Forums > Social Chat > eastcoast spinfest webpage and planning

Login/Join to Participate

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
hey y'all planning on coming to eastcoast firetwirlinfest at ykaterina's place...we have a webpage now! its sort of done and can be found at https://people.atg.com/~willb/poifestso
for those of you coming please RSVP and send some input on what you want to do, if anything, other than hang out, eat and play with fire smilesee ya latersPere

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
hey this sounds pretty sweet- but i'm a poor college kid with no transportation- if there's anyone heading there from my area (New Paltz,NY), give me an email- i should be able to help pay for gas and tolls, but taking a bus/train is just too much. tekknogurrl@hotmail.comthanks!ykaterina, this sounds like an awesome way to spend a weekend!

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
The website looks really good - sounds like it's going to be a great party -sigh, wish I could go to!Look forward to seeing the photo's when they are posted on the site. Hope it all goes allKat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Ooh, I'm all excited! I can't wait! Wheee!!I just posted a follow-up to the Baltimore Calefaction Society's mailing list (https://groups.yahoo.com/group/calefaction/) and we may have a small contingent. I'm hoping so, at least. B)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I love the site, though I am from Western New York smileI tried to send an email and it came back as undeliverable, not found. Hmmmm...ganna try again, but I'll prolly be sending it via your personal accounts. Just to let you know.Hugs and it's less than a month away!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
Its so cool to see how well this is all coming together but im sad to say i will be unable to go because i will be in germany while its going on. maybe ill crack open a couple a of glowsticks and pretend im there one night------------------bring light into the night

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
>>i figured it out: the RSVP addy is: fire-admin@list.atg.com...it's typo'd on the website, we'll fix it this weekend!-----whooooooohoooooo!i'm so excited!by the way, to anyone who was reading the environmental threads, i talked to the guy who works our fields (he worked them with the last owners, too) about the effects of the kero on the fields...he said not to even think about it. of course if we spilled a whole bucket it would be a problem, but because we're talking about drops (albeit many of them), and they'll be spread out, and becaues he plows the field under each season to 12", the effect is going to be practially non-existant. yay!i'll check what's up with that email list - it may be set not to accept non-members or something silly...have i mentioned i'm excited? smile[This message has been edited by ykaterina (edited 31 March 2001).]

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Yay ykat smileI wish i could come to the East Coast Spin Fest too.Damn Australia's a long way away sometimes. frown

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
The website looks neat. I am definitely bringing a couple of drums and some home made turkish food smileCheersnomad

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
yay! will fixed all the links on the site, so you really can email us! smilewheee!

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I hear you from Aus frown I am From New Hampshire, and live only an hour or two from the fest, But I am In Alaska now. But Hey Im comming home at the end of May for a couple of weeks maby we can get together. Hey I was wondering, I met five (Or so)girls at Ragee Fest in VT two summers ago, who spinn fire. I saw them, and had my pois there too. We spunn at the bottom of the field near the stage. They had pois made out of stuff they found at the dump, and learned in Mexico some where. They live in VT some where north. I would love to get a hold of them. If you read this and it sounds felmiler write and say HI smileSki Ckristian

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
hey, ski...(that's a weird name - where'd you come across it?)where in NH? when you're here in may, we should definitely spin! i would never be at a regge fest, as i'm deathly allergic to pot. i think i'm allergic to every regge band in existance! smilebut if i meet up with these kids, and they don't kill me, i'll be sure to point them yer way. smile

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Neat-Otoo bad i've got school to attend, maybe some other time. And about making home videos [which are the best!], encode them in DivX so you can distribute them over the internet highly compressed and with great quality. https://www.divx-digest.com------------------"Happiness
is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Hey there ykaterina smileI live in Franconia, or i should say that my mother does now. (But I grew up there) I got my name by combinding what I do with my name grin I am a ski bum in Alaska, but I have lived in montana as well. I teach a class here in Alaska, and it is a Big Hit! I have been teaching The Art of Poi fot a few years now, and am always looking for new moves from everyone, even my students! smile I believe that anyone can spinn, but I don't teach just anyone. I am VERY PICKY in who I teach. Fire is a Very Powerful Thing, and in the wrong hands can be used in the Wong Ways! If you know what I mean. smile Talk to you later. SkiChristian ------------------FIRE IS ALIVE! IT LIVES AND BREATHS! IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS! BUT WE CONTROL IT, AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
oh, excellent, christian! so we should definitely meet up when you're back in town. why don't you shoot me an email with your plans?? wheee!

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Help!! I just tried to send in an RSVP and a request for directions to the site and my mail was bounced..the link from the fire twirling fest info page for RSVPing is broken!!My flight is booked and I have reserved a car..please please help me! Somebody!My e-mail address is protozoa@tux.orgTrying not to panic and hitting herself over the head for not RSVPing sooner,-protie

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
oh the problem of not being actually IN control of the web page means when the person who is is not around you cant change the silly thing!so yeah! the REAL email address should be fire-admin@list.atg.comnot lists as i had it.will make sure you get the emailed directions....Peregrine

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
hey - pere - i sent them to her, so she *should* be all set.incidentally, will and i made the changes, but for some reason they're not taking - i can go into big long technical detail, but ugh. smileanyway, yeah, i don't have the pwd to the admin, so we're just stuck that way. several people have emailed me today directly though...oh, man! i can't wait for this weeeeeeeeeekend!

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Pere, yKat, everybody,Thanks so much. Everything's under control, situation normal. Please resume your regularly scheduled so-excited-ya-might-pee-yer-pants craziness!Thank you thank you thank you everybody for enabling my last-minute slackerness and making sure I get up there!

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
*giggle*