Forums > Social Chat > competitive "how many teeth i got removed" thread

Login/Join to Participate

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
ok, please feel free to post here about any teeth removals you've had, regardless of whether or not you top the highest number going. but here are some big ones, first, for your dental pleasure:

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Ender
posted 24 September 2002 17:00:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had to get 4 teeth out for my braces to work. 7 needles full slowly injected. i hate needles too! THANK GOD I BROUGHT 2 little stress balls in my pockets or i may seriously have ripped some flesh from my arm or something.

on a similar note, i got my braces off a few days ago. MY TEETH FEEL SO SMOOTH NOW.

[ 04 October 2002, 21:38: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIRE
posted 25 September 2002 00:49
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucky you...i had 4 injections and 6 teeth pulled out...best thing was i got a tenner (£10) outa my folks........whcih was nice

[ 04 October 2002, 21:42: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
9 teeth surgically removed at the same time while i was under, including all 4 wisdoms, 4 premolars? and one extra tooth found growing sideways in my upper gum, all permanents, of course.

wore headgear at night, my earlobes forever got a little dent in em.

(there's a secret about what was left after the orthodontistry, but i don't tell that and you won't know it, unless we've kissed real deep.)

besides those, bunch of other stuff, but not full teeth removed. pretty close, in 1 or 2 cases. instead of capping the missing parts, maybe i should do what some Central Africans do and file those into points? then what would my kissing. . . hey, just like piercings, but they're my actual teeth you'd feel! . . .

[ 04 October 2002, 21:45: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I can't imagine how much severe dental surgery would hurt - I've never had any teeth out and I don't have any fillings, or caps, or anything like that.
Anyone who's had anything like that has my complete sympathy

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ha! me got 0 teeth removed

Though I have had 1 cavity and 1 rootcanal hehe

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
i had five teeth removed under full anaesthetic (couldnt hack the chair!) four molars and on supernumary (in the roof of my mouth) so i had stitches in there as well for a couple of weeks, wich meant i was living on icecream and jelly! all that was so i could have braces which i got off the morning before my grade 10 formal. i did have a hole in my tooth a little while back that cained, but i was too scared of the injection possibility so i just mouthwashed and brushed my teeth like mad and i havent had any trouble since! thanks for the sympathy bovril...

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by adren@line:
i had five teeth removed under full anaesthetic (couldnt hack the chair!) four molars and on supernumary (in the roof of my mouth)

[. . .]thanks for the sympathy bovril...

adren@line,

see, you get this thread coz you've been deserving it ever since!

& i'm so glad to hear, you're the first person i've met yet who also had a . . . supernumerary, is it?!!!!!!! i think i heard they do happen now and then, but pretty rare, or else knowing about it is rare!

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I have pretty teeth. They are little and white, and they have never needed braces. The left-side incisor is a little chipped, and my two front teeth have a little ridge where I tried to open a jar with them, but I only notice this cos I run my tongue over them. No one else but you guys know this

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Not one! I have never had braces, I didn't have to have my wisdom teeth pulled, I've never needed any teeth pulled at all.

My teeth are the one thing about that me that didn't get screwed up.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Arrh man!! I can't compete with this.. I had 6 teeth pulled for my braces 2 baby teeth and 4 big people teeth.. BUT I did have my braces on for 4 years - FULL traintracks.. ( I fell on my face when I was little and turned my mouth into something a snagglepuss would be proud of..

Just had my 2nd wisdom tooth pulled.. no problems - thanks to a very big and scary orthadontist.. just one left to come out - but that one seems quite happy at the mo.. yes I can count rite - only 3 wisdom teeth - the last never formed.. higher or lower on the evolutionary cycle?? not sure - does anyone know?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at the same time when i was 16. they then got infected and i looked like a chipmunk, or like i had golf balls in my cheeks. what was the most disturbing thing about having my teeth pulled is that after i came out of it and stumbled out of the office i realized my shirt was all untucked!! that was worrisome. also one of my teeth near the front is chipped from where i got kicked by a horse. that was fun.

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
did i actually just tell you guys about my teeth?

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I got 8 teeth pulled- four pulled, four surgically removed under full anesthetic.

They wanted to pull another four also (all of these were permanenets) but i decided 8 perm teeth was enough. I mean, my mouth is small, but 12 teeth????? no thx.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Kyri, wow, what an almost, and damn, what an actual!

YES, Nyx, we're all confessing. like you & Rozi, i got a lil chip, tho tiny, see, you would NOT have noticed, in a front incisor from biting a sewing needle.

Stix! ya must get da cake for long term slavery, dude. that's ag sufferin time!

ooooooh, this is a chillin lil confessional booth, ain't it?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
cool! now when ppl say "you freak, noone has teeth in the roof of their mouth" i can say "ahh, but they do! see my friend firemike..."

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
FireMike - and after my folks spend loads on money fixing my smile after I broke it the first time - I really should stop opening things with my teeth..can't find the wire snips?? S'ok Stix will do it with her teeth..

(BIG sorry to my mom.. I know! I know!! Stop nagging)

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by adren@line:
cool! now when ppl say "you freak, noone has teeth in the roof of their mouth" i can say "ahh, but they do! see my friend firemike..."

heck

Stix,

yeah, Stix, or get em all capped with titanium, seems what we pyros prefer technically around here, & you'll be fine unless ya have to bite off a fire katana sword comin' atcha from a maniac (we got lotsa those here too). remember "Jaws" in one of those old young-wit-hair-on-hiz-hed Sean Connery 007 movies, dude with huge steel-capped full set like a factory press? youch! (* grin *) i'm sure ya'd look totally charmin tho, just like now

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I have never had any fillings, or teeth removed.
But i did have train track braces for a year, then retainers for a year.

I consider myself very luck after reading some peoples storys above! My mouth gave sympathy pain!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Accipitermember
6 posts

Posted:
Kyrian!

Your tale of the horrible possiblilty of losing 12 teeth was my unfortunate reality! I did have 12 teeth pulled in one sitting (2 teeth pulled a year before that)...which brings the grand total to 14 in two sessiong. Whew! Think I have much of a smile left? But yeah, 12 teeth: 4 wisdom, 4 bicuspids, 4 others that needed out. The whole experience is quite a tale itself from the talking rabbit while falling to the anestiesia, to the point where they couldn't get me awake. But after braces and two other dental surguries, my teeth are great. (I guess I just have a really small jaw.)

Odi et amo: quare id faciam, fortasse requiris. Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior. -Catullus

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Hey I think I would look quite good looking like Goldie - cept I don't wear gold so I would have to be 'Silvery'

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Okay, I had 4 teeth out all pre-molars, 2 braces, 3 chips from playing rugby with people far bigger than me (and a broken collar bone!!) and a root canal/crown.
This was when I was little and skidding around on ice-covered concrete, I hit a dry patch and somehow in my uncoordinated fall managed to break the bottom clean off my top front tooth, needless to say, there was a lot of blood and not a scratch on me elsewhere!!!

That bloke Sod and his god-damn rules..........

Still have all my wisdom teeth which came through with no pain (yay!!) so anyone wants to ask me something you can be sure of a wise answer!!

whats up with all the limitations?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Does it count if we made other people endure painfull dental work??

If so never throw a weeble (weebles wobble but they never fall down) at your then best friend - even if she says throw it.. coz she will catch it with her face - break both front teeth and have a VERY scary mother who doubled with the wicked witch of the North...

I ran screaming and hid under the stairs - well I was only 6.. our mothers are still in contact - via Xmas cards each year - diane still has problems with her crowns... BIG OOPS.. but she said throw it!!

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
damn, had to repost after system claimed no parentheses permitted in html. . .even when it might have been a HoP quote containing parentheses in the text. so i'll recreate the original parts of my post here:

Stix,

"Silvery," i love it

& your weebles post is FUNNY, funny, honey, right on the $ (sorry, Europounds (sorry (sorry!) ) )

also props to my folks for way much ortho gold spent on my lil smile

Kurobei,

dat sod's name (or nick) was really Sod? (* grin *)

Accipiter, & TheBovril Monkey for simian sympathy,

quote:
Originally posted by Accipiter:
Kyrian! [. . .] I did have 12 teeth pulled in one sitting (2 teeth pulled a year before that)...which brings the grand total to 14 in two sessiong. [. . .]yeah, 12 teeth: 4 wisdom, 4 bicuspids, 4 others that needed out. The whole experience is quite a tale itself from the talking rabbit while falling to the anestiesia, to the point where they couldn't get me awake. [. . .]
Accipiter (dang, don't remember my Latin past tense), you have accepted it all!

for your anaesthetic story (more, please, author! author!), here's something. i edited it down, & decided to leave some of the blow-by-blow gore, since y'all here may enjoy it. hey, everyone here has earned some almost-cruel amusement at this stuff, right? (* grin *) so compassion, now, please. . ! hey, we post this now as friendly public service warning to others, right? (* double grin *)

FireMike's friend SamsonAlive (17?) said, as this past August began, "I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled soon and will be out of commission."

FireMike said, "ya have to belong to see this thread, but as usual, i've cleaned up the lines for easier reading for ya. have fun with the docs and nurses:

HardcoreHeadZ.com Forums > Miscellaneous Forums > Random Crap > Yet again, another bloody hell

elektroholic, Sactown Terrorist, Sacramento, CA sed
Topic: Yet again, another bloody hell

July 23rd's dental appt. will be a very painful one...

They're pullin 3 teeth from me goddamn it

Why me
July 18th, 2002 09:56 AM

Good Vs Evil, orange chronik, sed

I'd rather have my teeth pulled out then handle my son on a bad day... i swear the non stop screaming and crying drives me nuts !!!!!
parenthood has its bad days ugh !

but i love him .... and in the end of all the maddness ... its worth it....

oh yeah elektroholic
ask for ALOT of novicain or nitrus heheh ... painkillersssssss ahhhh

elektroholic repli'd

[. . .] Oh they better have my phucking novikain & painkillers ready to go...I don't care if the painkillers are on perscription that I have to pick up, they just better have the phucks ready. Come next day when I'm parking cars at a GAY ASS Linda Ronstadt concert I'll sure as hell need em... [he got a lotta flak about mentioning Linda Ronstadt]

waffles, los angeles sed

don't tell me about it.. i have to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed because they won't come out...

elektroholic repli'd

Well guys here's a rundown of today's bloody hell:

The bastards took over 1 HOUR to pull ONE tooth, but yet they numbed the other areas where I was supposed to have teeth pulled. So I end up going home w/over half my mouth numb, and only one tooth pulled, with no painkillers perscribed to me. They just told me to take some Alieve or Tyenol...the phucking asswipes.

So now what we have here is yet another visit to the dentist next tuesday to get one other tooth pulled. Then phuck knows what will happen from that point on.

PHUCKING BLOODY HELL!!!

FireMikeZ, Laguna dude sed

whoa, hard visit

i had 9 teeth surgically removed (i was totally out) at once before my braces

waffles, los angeles, replied

holly crap... 9 removed? do you have any teeth left? j/k... that's pretty harsh... i'd rather get my teeth pulled than surgically removed... i wanna know what they are doing to me...

i know someone that went for an small operation, and never woke up.. he died.. so i'm not so keen on hospitals and surgery..

FireMikeZ, Laguna dude, repli'd

[. . .] i was maybe 11-12? an older kid in the next bed was trying to give me courage, but then they drugged him out and when they wheeled him back (afterwards, i think) he was so groggy, rolling around tossing and when the nurse bent over to talk to him, he said, with a longass delay, "whoa, nurse, i know what you mean nurse!" ova and ova, that was freaky...

sorry to hear someone you know didn't make it, dang, life's more sudden than ya know... anaesthetic was OD? or something wrong under da knife?

elektroholic, how ya doin now, man?

elektroholic repli'd

Well for the time being my latest pulled tooth is just about healed. The blood clot hasn't leaked for a while so I assume it's pretty much healed. Last night's drinking binge was exactly what I needed to ease all the leftover irritation & swelling

However I will be in a bloody mess yet again next tuesday. I seriously hope they just pull whatever they need to pull, rather than numbing over half my mouth up and sending me home with only one other tooth pulled, leaving the rest of my mouth numb for hours afterwards.

All they need to do is pull 2 more teeth, then sometime in 2003 I shall risk my life and get my 3 other wisdoms pulled all at once. Then after all that's thru, I shouldn't need anymore work done to my mouth for a good while. Until then, BRING ON THE HURRICANE PAIN!!!

waffles sed

quote:
Originally posted by FireMikeZ, "sorry to hear someone you know didn't make it, dang, life's more sudden than ya know... anaesthetic was OD? or something wrong under da knife?"

not that i know of... i guess his body didn't appreciate being under anaesthetic....
you never know about this things..
July 28th, 2002 07:35 AM

[ 08 October 2002, 06:34: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US