Forums > Help! > Flying on Easyjet and Ryanair

Login/Join to Participate

el beardoBRONZE Member
72 posts

Posted:
Hey folks.

I've used the search facility, but haven't found an answer to my question. Hoping you can help.

I'm specifically looking for info on taking a (1.4m) staff on easyjet and ryanair flights. I've been trawling thru their sites, and it seems that if it's classed as sporting equipment, I'll be charged an extra handling charge of up to £17, but if it isn't, I'll just have to pay for the extra weight.

Has anyone here taken a long staff on a ryanair or easyjet flight? Was it classed as sporting equipment? Did you get charged extra?

Any info would be gratefully apreciated.

Cheers.

May your staff spin fast and your poi always miss your balls.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
ive flown a lot on ryanair and it should be fine. It you wrap the staff with paper and lots of tape they'll take it, it probably will cost you the extra because they are really strict on excess baggage and oversized/irregular sized baggage. Because of a staff's shape it will probably be classed at sports equipment, especially on ryanair, not sure about easyjet.

Phone up the customer services people and they should be able to give you a definite answer.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
When we went to Ireland on ryanair with staffs, hoops and assorted other stuff they didn't charge us for them. I'm not sure if we just got lucky or if they didn't bother checking that we hadn't booked them when we got our tickets but my advice to you is just turn up with them well wrapped and in a cardboard tube or a fishing bag and check them is...... see what they say. You might get lucky like we did. Try to make sure if they are fire staffs that you can't smell any fuel coming off their bag/package because I think that might spook them and they may not allow them onboard.

Good Luck!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
When asked what they are, ALWAYS reply; "Juggling Equipment" and NEVER say Fire sticks

smile

When I went to Ireland, I put my sticks in the oversized luggage bit both ways. They cant argue with trhat, and they take better care of them as they arent simply bags.

el beardoBRONZE Member
72 posts

Posted:
Cheers for the replies guys. My plan is to put the staff inside a piece of plastic tubing, and says it's dancing equipment... Fingers crossed, they wont charge me the sports equipment fees.

Spent about 30 minutes bnavigating the easyjet customer services phone line yesterday, and could not get thru to a human being. Lovely.

May your staff spin fast and your poi always miss your balls.