Forums > Social Chat > input needed (not spam)

Login/Join to Participate

trintekmember
107 posts

Posted:
ok, after weeks of work in a coma... ok, so i wasnt in a coma, but damn i wish i was after that wreck and ok, maybe it wasnt weeks, maybe i knocked out 3 sites today and updated another one in the time i had to spare...

either way if you get a chance, or get bored, or for any other reason (ie: the dog ate your homework and satan handed you a taco) hit Tribes of the Moon
and lemme know what ya think.

FireMike, I linked to orangefire off the main page, figure you may grab some hits.

Trin

[ 04 October 2002, 17:20: Message edited by: trintek ]

We bleed the same blood, We cry the same tears, We have the same fears, We pass the same years, We see the same stars, Under the same skies, We pass the same time, We all live and die

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
funny, i'm online, Trin, i will check your site, tomorrow (sorry! sorry!). . .i'm overdue doing that darn lil logo & related update which includes reslicing the table bits of some page-top items. YOU know. and yes, i took some time to live in & contribute to the soul-searching going on here (did you know?) at Home of Poi. post in the positive thread about HoP if ya're feelin it, Trin.

& after all, i avoided coma, & finally since monday my body knows i hit a new over-50% recuperation stage, so today my doc doesn't even wanna bother having my recheck until 2 weeks more & i go have some more xrays, stuff. so i gotta use the improved energy, polish webbing a lil, too. will totally love seeing your Tribes of the Moon page, knowing we're sharing this work across just a lil terrain, & your site will be my treat when i can pause.

went out for the first time in a month, really, just for a drink, back within a couple hours, meeting a visitor to SoCal, The Great Lixabulous, a wonderful firechick from Denver most recently. she was interviewing for a job here, prolly will get da offer, may join our local pyro family! "award winning" sangria of the bar's outdoor patio sure ain't up to Texas quality, i remember better at Fiesta by the Alamo, but it was nice nice drink & new friend.

~ you hang in there, Trin, how're those burn rashes coming out in da sunlight? we gonna use em for excuse to put big tats over. . . hey, not where i lived in Africa, but farther north, we could use their method, carve great 3D pattern in your limbs (hey, ya know 3D is the grail for multimedia next, right, Trin?) then spread that ointment with a wooden stick that has a lil curing/ surface irritating short-term poison, make them really stay up in beautiful initiated warrior relief! . . . you gonna show me your design prefs, or shall i just wing it?

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

trintekmember
107 posts

Posted:
heh texas is interesting, need to get out to cali as soon as i fix the bike back up.

the burns, well, they suck man.. heh still hurt, but, i heal quick, its mainly that friggin itching now. The only part that really hurts still is my mouth, did a decent job of ripping the inside as well as the out, so, cant eat anything spicy *sobs*

heheh big tats, that reminds me, we decided that, IF the eye scars, it may be time for some facial tribal

as for the 3d scars, man, i'm already getting there just waiting to see how the eye turns out now, hoping it scars, if for nothing else than to remind me to wear the bloody helmet next time. and if worse comes to worse, you can just wing it kinda like the branding i did on myself, piece of spring steel, two pair of pliars, a burner, and an insatiable need to have more mods

hope you feel better bro, and try to get back out here sometime, maybe you can make it to my wedding?

l8z
--trin

We bleed the same blood, We cry the same tears, We have the same fears, We pass the same years, We see the same stars, Under the same skies, We pass the same time, We all live and die

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
whoa, that would be excellent.

when is your lucky day?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Woah, what is this site?

Love the little effect with the...thingies...that go warping off into space when you mouse over the logo.

Mike, did you have a disaster that I didn't hear about? Recuperating from what?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
yup, Doc, i'm only the second hospital case in working US medical memory of fuelblower's-inhalation petrochem pneumonia since old precedents of crawling babies swallowing. guess who's the first? mine wasn't as bad, did not have a moment of notable swallowing or breathing in, but it's a month & counting on getting back to normal breath.

as a Doc, you prolly will enjoy a few bionotes, so here's lunch for ya:

little known about what happened/ pulmonary happenings, or longterms. CTs distinctive, 2 big glowing balls, one in each, entirely unlike other pneumonia patterns. dunno if it's my inflammation's shape, or continuing presence of petrochem & by now breakdown compounds & their new stimuli on tissues. dunno if i'm reacting to paraffin or additives, mainly all sure to be related hydrocarbons. (no msds for this specific brand, but details would beyond our docs' treatment decisions any way, & because quantities of the stuff so small & diffuse, no easy ways of testing from samples what the presence is.)

don't really have treatment or therapy for the main course. so b.l.: got a swamp in my chest, 4x a day use a little airpump, suck air-saline water vaporized bronchodilators in, relying on lucky fact i know some good breaths, they didn't teach me that, for immediate short-term improvement of 51%, sometimes follow it with hits of second bronchodilator. cocktail mainly to ward off secondary bug pneumonia, reduce swelling & low fever.

CNS effects mainly worn off; first week especially fragmented busy dreams about. . .get this, Doc, * lol * tru! massive internet posting in slightly impossible ways.

other pathway, alimentary, lucky only 3-5% elevation of 2 liver enzymes, well, by the time of tests days 7 - 10, surely higher in the tough filtering week before. had convo in the Crusty Video 7 thread here with Ðraevon about his "gammy liver" from same, & a condition he now has that make him shiver even some warm nights. body obviously passing out dark orange stuff thru week 1-1/2. lucky especially as i had had a couple months high protein, zero to low carb diet to cut those abs for fireplay display, which is hard on liver & kidneys, make me a poor pie.

hey, i do miss those, & good Cornish pasties from a talented Western Isles baker!

[ 05 October 2002, 08:54: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

trintekmember
107 posts

Posted:
no clue.. engaged, haven't set a date, but, probably have a small ceremony within the next few years (I think I got her pregnant). Glad i was planning on marrying her before that happened eh?

Will most likely have the main one (if she is pregnant) after she has the kid and has had some time to recuperate. if she isn't, then, we were aiming for next october/november.

mikeg: its one of the sites i've been working on, originally it was going to be for my studio, but, decided to use it primarily as a community for goth/vamp/fire/etc people in texas and surrounding areas Its just starting out, but, hosting 5 sites off of it already (4 if we don't count my studio site).

fmike: damn man, i didnt know it was that bad! and i thought my shizt was bad, luckily all mine was external, oh yeah.. took the bike out of the van last night, did a once over on her. broken shift lever, broken master cylinder (no front brakes), dented tank, trashed 2 of the foot pegs, 1 turn signal out, the tachometer is sort of missing... i mean the motor and circuitboard are there, where the gauge itself is, well... thats a mystery.. the housing for the headlight is scraped and dented, the housing for the gauges is missing, front fender is broken in many areas, and the right front fork is bent backwards at the tree...

so... like a good lil person that is damn sick of being stuck inside, i turned it over, and she started right up.. took a ride around the block to make sure

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
madd-ass dude, heck i love ya

wow, you may be a poppa soon! lemme know about that first, if it's confirmed, i'll send a lil baby tongue ring or somethin to da shower. & maybe some tyke torches (flamin rattle?)

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

trintekmember
107 posts

Posted:
LOL see, thats one thing i love about you man I told dezzie i was going to get the kid a power-wheels harley when it turns 3, a mini-bike at 6, and an 80cc or so mx bike when it turns 10... So after listening to the different ways she planned to kill me if i ever followed through on those ideas...

The flaming baby rattles are a cool idea, i blow fire and such, and the mommy is a fire-eater, so, dont see a problem there, well, not until the kid can outperform me anyway...

oh yeah, check this out, i found all my old armour designs, now all i have to do is find my sheetmetal rolls and.. i should be able to work up the first prototype of the firegauntlet.. just finished reworking the basic gauntlet deign last night to include tapered fingertips with places to attach mini-torches.. will post pics as soon as i have a working (have to pick up some welding gloves again) model

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
oh ( * slap me * ), but make sure lil Trintyke knows NOT to be one of the baby fuel-swallowers ( * ulp! * ) on Doc Fernandes' list! ~ ! ~ ! safety first is every family member's bizness ! ~ ! ~ !

way cool on gauntlet schemes. Raymund Phule would love to know about it, wonder how far he got to date with that chainmail halter top for Nyx he started & made most of?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

trintekmember
107 posts

Posted:
well y'know man, thats why i stopped using the grape flavoured fuel

I used to have the back of my jacket chainmailled, kinda glad i didnt have it on in the accident, i know my luck, probably would've snagged and thrown me into next month

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
FireMike,

I would strongly urge you to strongly urge your doctor to publish a case report in a medical journal. Explain Pele's case, too.

As part of your plea, tell him that you know a medical student fire spinner (but not fire breather) who is begging for it so that these two clinical experiences can be documented and we can learn how to treat patients with this presentation best.

This is DEFINATELY publishable...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
ok, DocMike,

right now i'm faxing him, my own instigation, occasional Patient Progress Reports. i have his e-mail but haven't used it yet. when i see him mid-month in person, i'll e-mail a copy of this request of yours to him. his team may have used HoP to find Pele's case, they took the .com name from me. usual courtesy; shall i give him your e-mail addy? i'll have to let him give you his, or if you ask me in a post here for his e-mail, i'll give that request to him, too, so he can respond to that request.

then, over time, you can help track any publishing that happens. my stepmom accused me of something like an "eery satisfaction with your petrochemical pneumonia". . . eery, i dunno, but of course, like all good scientists, certainly curious about it, and a pretty damn good quality participating patient, ya know.

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

trintekmember
107 posts

Posted:
ok, check it out, site has been revamped some more. Please check it out when you get a chance and let me know what you think.

Tribes of the Moon

The major updates are:
The image gallery totally works now Replaced Splatt forum with phpBB, much slicker Random image from the gallery displayed on right Added web links Added a block so you can see the newest links without having to go through the web link interface added a countdown to events so check it out when you get a chance, lemme know what you think

[ 10 October 2002, 18:54: Message edited by: trintek ]

trintekmember
107 posts

Posted:
ok, i'm a moron, been loading it over the local net, so didnt have any clue as to how slow it loads.

Hopefully i fixed the problem, rewrote the randompic display block so it uses pre-existing gallery thumbnails instead of just resizing the image (some of the images were well over 120k).

and, this is the last update for a while, going to focus on optimizing some of the addon code and getting everything running smoothly.

If you know of an event coming up in san antonio, or texas in general, could ya do me a favor and post it on my site? or send me a nessage here and i'll post it