Forums > Social Chat > What REALLY Do You Love about Home of Poi & People here? (SERIOUSLY)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
tension? what we need, then, is to appreciate, share & give ourselves & eachother props for what's so wonderful about us here. happy tribes are not built on problem-solving and court trials alone.

what do you love?

give us a REAL answer, please.

so we have a thread celebrating Home of Poi's serious good points, good stuff, and good people as we live it now!

with all my love,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I Love the fact that I've met a really large number of quality people through this boards.

secretly...just between you and me...I Love the fact that even tho I swore myself off the Social Discussion section, I'm still secretly reading it!

I Love the fact that a large proportion of my most valued friendships have come from this board...And I'm not just saying that either! I'm moving in with a guy who I met because of this board for crying out loud!

I owe much of who I am to this board. If it werent for HOP, I dont know if I'd be here typing this (Dont worry! I dont think Id be dead, but I'd certainly not be sitting at Heather Feather's comp - thats for sure! )

hehe

Josh

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I love being able to chat about things, wether that be something to do with fire or something completely random

Most of all though it is getting to know people and being able to talk to them and as happened on Saturday with some people, getting to meet them in the flesh and give them a big

Mark

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I love: imagining what people look like from the way they post. And being constantly surprised when they're much samller when i meet them (except Josh and Mark P who were bigger. And Katinca who was just the right size).
that so many of my real life friends post here now. And that many of the people I've met here have become real life friends themselves.
Bender's "confuse Kyrian" idea. I laughed uncontrollably for several minutes about that. Keep up the good work.
that Aussies and New Zealanders still think that it's tomorrow. Despite my constant insistance to the contary for the last year or so.
that I've discovered that marines can be nice. And that americans are just like actual human beings only much further away. Like perspective perspective.
that I can ramble on about nothing in particular and folks will actually read it.that I met the love of my life here.the fact that I can travel all over to spin poi and staff because of relationships i've built up here. So far I've been to London Paris and erm Sheffield that despite there being several thousand people that post here there's actually only 1 person that i can honestly say I don't like - and it's not who you think it is . . .that people appreciate my humourthat people seem genuinely interested in me, my life etcthat i can be myselfthat I'm not alone

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Should reference to Josh's moving in with a man be made in the rumours thread?

Just curious.

Meh

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
About HoP:
The flash clips of how to do moves!

About HoPeople:
The sense of community. The love...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
yes

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bump for Lunchbox's sake.

Meh

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
no joke....

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well post what you love about it then nobby.

Meh

536 posts

Posted:
winces as "C@ntus" whips "Lunchbox?"/
Okay...Okay....i got it....
I like hop and the people coz....
it is a good place to meet new people even if they are bad influences like bender, or anyone else for that matter.

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

djevcamember
32 posts
Location: somewhere between heaven and hell, in a place with...

Posted:
i like that its a place where people understand the OBSESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY

536 posts

Posted:
hmmm....that one is better than mine....

Deepmember
68 posts

Posted:
I love................

1/ the fact that i can keep coming back here because something will always grab my attention.

2/ giggling uncontrolably when reading some of the posts

3/ being able to get opinions from people all over the world on whatever subject springs to mind

4/ cant forget the lesson pages, i dont know where i'd be without them!

5/ bananananas

6/ this is the first site i have visited that i have hosestly wanted to meet everyone

beep.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Kurobei:
Wow!! Looks like FireMike should join the UN for peacekeeping duties!!!
...I love you all.

Kurobei I begin with a well said quote...

I dont know how to write this. I just posted a long post and was reading Olgrah's (sp?) thread I now have a small tear in my eye...

So many times since I came here I have logged on and grown in just a matter of hours. I have been growing + loving. Thanks to many of you I have been sharing and learning.

This site has helped my development as an individual so much that I feel free to share things such as those found in my 'Waterfall' thread.

I have met so many loving caring friends in London through this site and others around the world which I have yet to meet in person.

One thing about the people here.
...Well looking back I wrote about 40 but thats cool...

Being my second year out of school and with all the shit thats hit the fan in my life...
BF and firends moving away from the country or away to university...
Parental issues...
Issues with friends that I need to say goodbye to because they were hurting me more than helping me...
My coming to be...
etc...

All this has been witnessed on HOP and here I met a very dear friend who cant see this right now but I wish she could.

DFQ: I love you!

This girl helped me when she barely knew me in times of dire need. I needed love she granted it to me, I needed a friend she was there for me, I wanted a spliff, she would skin up for me, I needed to cry she said 'let it all out hun...'

All this and we barely knew each other. She saw that I was in need and granted me the help I had so longed for. One true friend, one of those thats so hard to find!

I am crying now...
But these are tears of joy!

Joy for the friends I have met here and the opinions I have shared.

People have taught me well here and taken me up under their wing to show me the world from a different point of view...

Raymund I still get twitchy when I read your posts but now I understand and try to listen to what you have to say. I have learned how not to let your opinion bother me... You know why cause it shouldnt and you and every human reading here has that right..

Basically I cannot sum up why I love HOP on one piece of post because it wont work.

This site and the people have affected my life in so many ways that I now feel like it is a home and an extended part of my family.

Malcolm you have made a winner and you yourself are a winner because creations are a reflection of the creator and this is one beautiful creation. I hope that you know that and that when you think of it deep inside your heart itself smiles because it should.

HOP:
-love
-respect
-apprechiation
-variety
-laughing
-crying
-growing
-metamorphisising (?! SP?!)
-learning
-teaching
-understanding
-joking
-friends
-aquaintances
-languages
-culture
-sharing

this list could go on for all eternity so I will stop now beofre ya'll fall over cause your eyes r getting crossed.

The point is I love the people. I love all you guys like my family like brothers and sisters... Kurobei remember the big hug I gave you when I found out you were you and I didnt know that you were Kurobei. United chains I did the same to you...

Its all about the love people

And with this in mind I bid you, my family HOP adieu until next time, love hugs and respect for all, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
awww

It's all I can say. Beautiful word mistress Drome.

Meh

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
I love HoP because,

I found HoP with the words "fire" and "stick" (ta google), I learned Poi,I learned how to be safe with fire,I got to meet Brashie, Tennis & Cutie Poi Girlie, who are all beautiful, badass fire dancers I found out about meteor, 3 section staff, Phat-Poi,I became inspired to seriously get up off my arse for the first time in 6 or more years,I found a group of people in the world who, although radically different from one another can, pretty much, all get along with one another.Everyone here is at least a little bit odd/strange/wierd/deranged/insane/loopy/twisted,I get to build stuff, that does something woo hoo! kinda like "bedroom A-team with fire" or something? Finding out that my mate Dave was up in London over the weekend and met Bam-Bam, Dom and a veritable plethora of other notorious names. Small world
p.s. Could we have a less girly love Greamlin, perhaps in blue?

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
bump

i love smallboy...he is my hunny bun

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
what HOP mean for me:

1.Before 2.5 year help me to begin...and continue till now.

2.I find there new tricks,new staffs,vids...

3.Maybe i met friends here...

4.Help me notify that Poi is the best "toy" i find so i must bandy the best rumour.

5.i must practise more

6.That thre is home, home of Poi and as my home,everyday i want come back.

POI THEO(R)IST

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Put simply, I love the opportunity this site has given me to meet people who love fire as much as i do.

And there's no pretension, no glam, and no rockstars. Sweet as.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
*puts on her lip gloss*

No rockstars?! *flicks hair and adjusts designer skirt* And fire!? I'm only into it cos it's cool.

I'm serioiusly joking by the way

I love this site for too many reasons to even rewrite. The amount of sun I've blown out of this site's nether-regions over the last 2 years is scary

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, and as of a coupla days ago, i love the chic pulldown menus malcolm has added to the top'o'HoP.
i like perving at the photos too. they're niiice!
*ahem* photos i mean.
:whistles:
oh yeah and beautiful posts, cantus and dromepixie! touching!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I love the ever evolving poi lessons.

I love the warmth, the way that people are so supportive of each other and that people genuinely care about what happens to each other.

I love the diversity of people here.

I love that out of all the people I've met from HoP there's not one I don't like.

I love it that I now have friends of different age groups/backgrounds who I met through HoP.

I love it when it gets bad in real life and I come here and get happy again just by feeling the warmth.

I love that I have developed a greater understanding of different cultures through the board.

I love that there's this guy in Canada I talk to on MSN whom I really like and I met him here.

I love the humour and random silliness.

I love that everyone respects me even though I'm a little strange/wierd cos they all are too.

I love SNOOPoi.

I love Rooibosch Tea.

I love chocolate cake.

I love being drug-free!

[ 21. November 2002, 04:54: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
man i can't even believe it! CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE?!?! i mean, we gotta recognize that there's some amazing human beings here. WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE? how much more do you need? man, just plug me in. i mean, just go ahead and stick that cord right up my nose and turn it on. for heaven's sake. i mea, this smiley alone is enough to keep me going for hours. just look at the way it looks so happy and playful.
coming here is like traveling the world to meet all the people you really want to know, without the dirty laundry and losing your toothbrush and flight expenses. this site helps us realise that there are more of us than we ever thought possible. we are a legion. of fire. we're also a bit loopy. fire is our most primitive spirit force, a sacred flame, and we are the keepers. and stuff. word.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I love that HOP is like the Borg...a collective consciousness, a colletive sharing of knowledge and intellegence....coming together to benefit everybody present and future.

I love that there's a legacy that has brought us this far and has laid foundations of where we're going. This legacy includes the high standards of behaviour and repect that still shine through here.

I love that if I want to know something, or need advice on something, I know that there's someone out there who'll be able to help me.....no matter how bizaree what I may need.

I love that I get to tell my friends 'I met them on them internet' and get to see the cool way their head ticks to the side and they back away slowly. wink

I love that Cassandra came and introduced herself to me in my thread when I was too scared to go near hers. hug HOPs still great even if it is different. hug

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I love that HOP is like the Borg...a collective consciousness, a colletive sharing of knowledge and intellegence....coming together to benefit everybody present and future.

this is the borg, you will be assimilated, resistance futile.
your new designation DeepSoulSheep will be:

3146 of HoP

But anyway. I love how something or someone here always makes me laugh.
- 3669 of HoP

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I love that HOP taught me poi and through it I have met a wonderful collection of amazing spirits.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I love the love that spreads throughout HOP. ubblove And the sense of community.

I'm part of another community thanks to my love of VeeDubs and it's the same there, folks from all walks of life (and parts of the globe!) getting to know each other where they normally wouldn't have had the chance.

All this here thanks to one love....spinning things!! It's pretty amazing when you think about it ubblove

My only critisism is that we live in a capitalist society and we have to 'pay' for things in the shop! eek

weavesmiley hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
HoP is better than any other therapy I have tried

hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
i hear you gnor biggrin you gorgeous thing you kiss .. but now im addicted to this instead?!?! so any advice? tongue

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i love that i have met incredibly amazing people i would probably have never met otherwise

i love that i have a family all over the world, many of which i feel closer to than some of the friends i've known a good part of my life

i love that i FINALLY feel like i belong somewhere

i love that i am accepted

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Page: