Forums > Social Chat > What REALLY Do You Love about Home of Poi & People here? (SERIOUSLY)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
tension? what we need, then, is to appreciate, share & give ourselves & eachother props for what's so wonderful about us here. happy tribes are not built on problem-solving and court trials alone.

what do you love?

give us a REAL answer, please.

so we have a thread celebrating Home of Poi's serious good points, good stuff, and good people as we live it now!

with all my love,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
I love. . .

(1) I love that i can have as advanced a technical discussion as i want any time, and also be welcome as a newbie to any particular firetoy

(2) I love that others have so many moves to teach me or just show me, often with pictures, and can advise me on everything to do with fire spinning, including its art, its business side, its legal side, its unwritten ways to succeed, the deep stuff about how groups form & stay together, how to build fire webpages, and pyros things going on around the world. & as a bonus, so often you all advise me on personal life matters, cultural, spiritual & political matters, so we live & play & love each other as whole people in this community.

(3) I love when HoP feels, knows, and makes itself a community. I hate when people break it up.

(4) I love that I DO NOT UNDERSTAND everyone here, that means so many will take me to "places" I've never been.

(5) I love how easy it is to find stuff i want here. sure, we keep asking, "anyone know where?," and searches take a little effort, but it's not that hard, overall, to find stuff, and i love that there is so much stuff.

(6) I love that there are lots, maybe 5 or 6 major kinds of humor here, and i can play in each & every one without upsetting the others.

(7) I love the welcome most people give each other most of the time, and that we do ASSUME enormous, warm, loving goodwill from each other.

(8) I love that most people always answer each other's questions and requests. Even if it's to say "Sorry, I don't know," "I'll find out," or "No." It sucks as much when someone does not answer you as when you snub someone by ignoring them. It's good neighborliness, being a good colleague in fire arts, and being a good pyro friend when we answer everyone else with our attention when they feel it's worth talking to us.

(9) I love that most people most of the time give thanks for what they receive from others, and for others being themselves, and even if they leave a topic for a while, come back to make sure to give that thanks.

That's for starters, the most significant, sometimes unique things I gotta tell you all about Home of Poi & about you, for me. You are a special home for me in this molten magma-cored world, and I am grateful as flaming hell & heaven for having you, for the joy of working & playing here with you all.

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
1. i love this post. Might go a way to repairing the ill feeling thats been hanging around.

2. i love the people. everyone i've met from HoP are ledgends. and those i havent yet, i hope to meet soon! i love getting to know people better, whether it be through random posts. or pm's. I love the merging of wonderful souls on this site!

3. i love the ideas that come out of the social boards. A whole plethorum of em lately!

lots more things do i love about this site, but my brain is tired and im going to have a better think about it! stay tuned to this station.....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I love:

1) The fact that other people here understand that firespinning is an art form and not just some outlet for pyromania.

2) The fact that I can learn so much from others about this art.

3) The fact that I can meet others on this board. If I go to England, Australia, or New Zealand, I am pretty certain I have at least a few doors open to me. And my door is open to Spinners.

4) The FUN that we have.

5) Nutella.

6) Smilies!

7) The beautiful and interesting people I've met online.

8) The way this place feels like home.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well, the majority are friendly helpfull sweet caring people, the rest are annoying hypocritical self rightchus pigs

I dont really care where you stick me I can be both at the same time

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, i really REALLY really love mental hugz

*HUGZ!*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I love deeply:

1. The friends I have made here, who make me smile, and accept me, and make me laugh, and have watched out for me during some tough times.

2. The fact that I can come here and share anything, from the sight of a storm moving across Sydney, to milestones in my life (a new job, a new adventure, the end of a relationship). You have no idea what a help it has been to me.

3. The laughs I have had here, there is such a wealth of bizarre humour and comic talent here

4. The cross section of people. Like being at a really good party, you can boogey in the one corner with one bunch of people, laughing until milk comes out of your nose, then sit quietly in another corner, talking life, politics, the universe.

5. Every new person I meet.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I love the way you guys tend to moderate yourselves, in most cases.

This makes it the most inviting, freindly and non-flame bulletin board I have ever visited.

Go check out some others, its a bit of shock after the manners and openess of HoP

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
i love the welcoming gestures, and the help, and everything else that makes HOP... HOP...

i cant really say i lvoe the friends i've made. sure- we all call each other friends... but i have only talked to one person on this board outside of this.

but i look forward to the day i meet some of you, and theni can say that i love the freindships i have made.

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

trintekmember
107 posts

Posted:
I love...

1) that FireMike had to point this thread out to me since i've been too dead to check on stuff

2) that I heal damn quick, which is why i can post today

3) the fact that no matter what i think i know, i can log on HoP and get a fresh perspective

4) HoP... the people, the discussions, the arguments, the humour. Sure i lurk most of the time, but, working on changing that now..

5) the fact that I could come on here (before becoming a member) and get some damned good ideas on whats involved in fire performing, before jumping into it.

6) the really wacked nutella vs everything else discussions, of course this is still coming from the guy that mistook a post on nutella as a post on Gnutella... had me wondering how the hell people can consider a file sharing app tasty..

7) the community.. seriously.. the only other place i have fealt (sp?) this at home is on some of the streetbike forums, and, well, thats because everyone is wacked on those forums as well

L8z and Love
--Trin

We bleed the same blood, We cry the same tears, We have the same fears, We pass the same years, We see the same stars, Under the same skies, We pass the same time, We all live and die

SmallBoys Evil Twin Brothermember
55 posts

Posted:
Sorry but I'm not sure today....

I used to love the freedom of expression I was given,
I used to love welcoming people to the site and not worrying about who was gonna jump down my throat about the randomness of my posts
I used to love the love that was shared without political agendas, and that people were allowed to chill without having to "not like so&so coz they upset someone else"
I used to love posting without fear of snide comments from egotistical muppets
I used to love being able to waste my day posting random bollocks without people running round screaming at me for just trying to get my number of posts up
I used to love HOP for the moderators taking a back seat coz we didn't need them to be strict, but at the same time that people didn't run round acting like nazis telling everyone how to act to compensate.

I used to love this site for peoples tolerance of each other.

No wait I remember........

I love hugz & the love that people will alwayz share with each other, and I love the members of the site.
I love the people that make it what it is, not the people that are trying to change it into something it isn't.
I love u guyz...........

I don't rebel against the system, I created it for the misery of others.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Most of the stuff I love has already been mentioned, but I also love:
The way you can lurk for ages, and people still respect your views when you start posting again.The way everyone is still learning new moves and are more than happy to share them.Watching milk spurt out of Rozi's nose when she laughs The way threads can go on for page after page after page, and people still read them, and they don't decend into flames like on most other boards I frequent.The way the moderators are also capable of taking off their moderator hats and joining in the discussions like regular membersThe diversity of people and ideas hereThe fact I learn something new pretty much every time I visit

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Wow!! Looks like FireMike should join the UN for peacekeeping duties!!!

What I love about HoP? Well...

1] All the people here, every last one of you miserable lot!!!

2] The fun and laughs I've had here and I'm sure there'll be many more to come!!

3] The help people are willing to give me without predjudice.

4] The events and festivalettes organised by people here.

5] The crazy topics some people think of, have they got nothing better to do?!

6] The hugely varying cultural differences here from all over.

7] The love, most of all the love between us even if we argue and get mad at each other we're still all part of the HoP community and no one can deny that, it'll be with us forever. We are a family, a rather big one but a family none the less and families share the most love between thenselves.

8] The people who trusted me and took me in, you know who you are, special thanx to you guys, you rock!!!

9] The lifesaving refuge HoP gave me from the depths of insanity at work!!!

10] The moderators and Malcom for creating such a wonderful place and looking after us so well, thanx to you guys as well!!

I love you all too much to part company now, even those I've argued with. You all have a special place in my heart and a special precence in this world. You are all incredible individulas in your own unique ways.

I love you all.

whats up with all the limitations?

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I love the fact that we are all Beautiful individuals. That appreciate other people's
advice . Im just learning all this (and it totally Blows my mind !) . Thinking hard oh man times up got to go seeya's later .

Anyperson can acheive anything if they don't have fear in there heart.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I love the way i can spurt bollocks from every orofice and not be looked at in a wierd way..as i always say: We are all mad in our own little ways...some people just have more wierd ways than others.

I love how silly people can be

I love the familly and the closeness of this board. Everyone gathers around then someone is ill, feeling troubled, its their birthday, etc

I love the fact that i can post on home of poi wearing womens clothes and no of you will ever know.

I love cheese

I love how people can have a genuinly compassionate chat only to be intterupted my fools like me who come out twith something random

I love the way that posts are left to their own devices. A thread can start on love and end up on something like purple bricks.

I love reading the funny posts that people post. It seriously brightens up my day.

I love how people arent judged by what they look like. They are judged by how they treat others.

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
I think you guys have covered most of the things i love about home of poi, but i thought I'd put a post for this thread as it's good one.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
wow this is deep! id like to agree with what everyone has said, so i will, but i especially like how everyone cracks me up somethin shockin, how i can say what i like and no-one goes 'urm, yeah, whatever' and just because you are my kind of people.

MMMMMMWWWWWWWWWUUUUUUHHHHHHAAAAAAA

SmallBoys Evil Twin Brothermember
55 posts

Posted:
So not everyone wants it to change then?

Oh and random hugz for everyone coz it's my last day 4 a bit -

[ 05 October 2002, 00:00: Message edited by: SmallBoys Evil Twin Brother ]

I don't rebel against the system, I created it for the misery of others.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Wanting to improve means you love a place,Small Boy, I find that the various threads going on recently which sound "serious" or maybe even negative or boring to some are actually another proof of the fantastic energy, concern, tolerance and intellidence on this board

I love HOPers
and I love the fact that through HOP I met people whom I would have otherwise never met or maybe not listened to and fallen for their souls for various reasons : geography, different age group, etc ...

I love the warm fuzzies I got more than once here from realizing that sometimes people do care about others for no other reason than caring

I love the humour, silliness and madness around

I love the fact that there is a place to discuss about the pleasure of firedancing without having to explain what it is and people to chat with who are *really* interested in a convo about ball chain vs regular chain

i love the fact that ever since I joined HOP, I've thought of it as a real home with a whole life going on, different rooms, different vibes, different people. And I love the fact tat many actually also see it that way and therefore care about it and take time to put more wood in our fire
Just like Fire Mike is doing here

I love the fact that I almost always feel like posting agenuine "I love you " post on HOP to thank people for being who they are

much much love and respect
SHINE ON
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
..........being invited to post in this thread and general happiness and joy in most here
x

brain replacement...anyone?

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
I love that everyone made me feel really welcome here when I first posted.

I love the way that even though people are brought here by a common interest they all have so much else in their heads.

I love how people here take the time to say really nice things to each other, and make people feel good. (FireMike-Like being sent a message asking you to post)

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
What I love about HoP:
- The diversity of people here, and the chance to get to know people who live in all part of the world (and not just the part where I do)

- The sheer number of unique, creative and well-expressed ideas and feelings that are posted daily on these pages

- The way my beliefs are challenged by the view of others, and the chance the that that challenging gives me to grow as a person

- The chance to express myself to people who are interested in listening to other people's ideas

- The fundamental respect that spinners have for one another, despite the wide range of philosphical, political and geographical backgrounds that they come from

- The random sillyness that always makes me laugh

- The great friendships I been been able to develop and maintain not only through this site but through poi in general

- The great music tips

Big hugs to all~!

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
i love talking with people from all around the world and listening to there warped and twisted views... haha jus playin.

i love shareing and learning new tricks in such a large gathering of talent, skill and creativity..

i love my gurl ivy!!

Non-Https Image Link

i love, love and i love life!!

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
being invited to post on such a wonderful thread..... really, i could cut and past paragraphs ahd paragraphs from up above, but i have a few extra things to add:

i love that people that people took the time to explain misunderstandings when i first joined.

I love that i can travel anywhere and meet all these cool people.

i love that HoP gave me a home for december so i didn't have to go roaming around on the street with a backpack.

i love the new prespectives and ideas here.

i love the friends i'm making....:happiness:

i love the crazy yet cool advice from bender, who keeps giving me inspiration.

i love whiffle squeek for showing me this place, and so much more!

peace & still more love, Kyri

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
I love:

that people are concerened enough about this website to make threads like these.

the fact that there are SO many people in one place that I admire.

the fact that I have never felt unsafe with anyone I met from this board.

all the wonderful people I've met so far and have yet to meet.

the conversations that go on here - from the ridiculous to the ultra serious.

that people all over the world can feel so close and be so honest.

that so many people wished me a happy birthday.

that all the people I've met have been world class huggers.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
This is an awesome thread!

I love that through this board, we have unity with SO MANY fire artist of ALL OVER the WORLD! It blows me away how many of us are here, united by fire... I love that you can chat to people from all over the world who share the same interest

I love how friendly and welcoming people are... It doesn't take long before you feel right at home... And how people take a genuin interest in you, and want to know you as a friend

I love all the different personalities here on hop... Some people stir the pot... others smooth it over... some people just slip in for a clever remark and slip away again... I love the humour, the caring thoughtfulness, the sillyness, the familyness

I love how many HUGS and WARM FUZZIES buzz through these threads, it makes this sight just shine and beam out loving energy at you when you log on!

I love how HoP is like a TV Soap.... It gets you hooked in and you can't leave....

I love how helpful people are

I love how sharing people are

I love how supportive this whole place is... think for one moment how all our little computers are all linked.... and all our energy is focused here! Right HERE!!!

Now.... .:*BIG GROUP HUG*:.

[ 05 October 2002, 09:42: Message edited by: .:* Moon Pixie *:. ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Every single person that I've met.

[And the technical advice generally rocks ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
This thread is very healing...
there's been a lot focus on negativity around here lately when things aren't *really* that bad...just a few disagreements over very fine points.
HoP, and everyone on it, absolutley rocks, and this thread really shows that.
thank you Mike for starting this thread and making sure we all post in it.

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
Lightbugs "Invader Zim" pics, benders sharp answers to everything, and how you can talk to everyone or anyone....at the same time!!!!

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I love the fact we all can come together regardless of our differences, to share our one common interest.

I love how we all can come and discuss world and local issues, to get an idea of how the rest of the world thinks.

I love how everyone supports each other whenever needed, so in return we can support others when they need it.

I love how (for the most part) we can go to a foreign place, and have people to show us around, or tell us what may be interesting to do.

I love the diversity in interests, so if any of us want to know something unrelated to fire, we can still gather information from those we know well.

and most of all I love everybody in here.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Page: