Forums > Videos > New videos from Meenik (aka Nick Woolsey)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Hi Everybody,

So, I've been quietly putting up some new videos on playpoi.com over the spring. Nothing as paramount as Dervishly Yers, but certainly fun. I've got schemes to make a video that will hopefully be on a whole new level, both artistically and production wise, but it's not so easy to come up with the money and time is it? rolleyes

Note: I've just today added "Unexpected Interview" when somebody said they had already seen all the new videos. It's got some lovely blacklight poi footage, but Camilla made it to mostly be about me. I was shy to release it until now.

https://playpoi.com/poivideos.htm

Maybe I'm posting this just because I need a hug. hug It's been a bit of a tough year, with having to come up with the studio rent each month. I'd had all these plans for making videos, etc., and it's gone very slowly.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I've got a few more surprises in the works.

Oh, and I'm in the UK from July 12th-27th, for Uberpoi and Falmouth. Then I'm travelling across Canada from mid August to mid september, and will be teaching workshops in a bunch of cities (it will be fun to share everything I learn at Uberpoi). If you're in the USA, you could come up to Toronto maybe? I've been barred from the states for teaching unauthorised poi workshops, so you have to come up to Canada.

Ok, pardon the rambling post.

Love and poi,

nick

EDITED_BY: Meenik (1120182288)

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
wow! can i just say that seeing you spin at falmouth and now seeing these vids was a great opportunity! your are so smooth and into the movements, even when your playing like at falmouth, i could see that you enjoyed it and it showed in your performance. its great to see people like you with poi but then again it makes me want to practise more tongue
keep up the amazing work! hug

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Real nice vid man smile Like the interview. Poi was awsome. Love the flowers. Its always good to watch a nice vid and then have a whole lot of ideas start kicking in so thanks! biggrin

Oi really really like the gloves smile

RadaSILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
ive never thought about poi as the way to unfold the universe, but i do drop into that zone where people watching disapear, and im left by myself and sound of the fire. ive always compared poi to tai chi, and i was interested to hear you do the same. nice moves, and beautiful studios.

Rada

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Wow. Dervishly Yers was fantastic. It's beautiful and inspiring. Thankyou. smile

It's people like you who make me want to try poi again!...Maybe I'll just stick with staff ubblol

hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
/me is downloading.

I'll be in to comment next week, when they all finish ubblol

Gotta love dialup rolleyes

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
I'll get to those PMs eventually, just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten wink

Start of a new term and my job and life is in limbo...

hug

Hope the poi and life are going well hand in hand.

~Kael

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Pardon the multiple postings, but it has taken me... uh, four years to realize that I can keep using the same thread for my videos, and simply change the title of the thread when I have a new video that I'm all excited about. I'm now going back to previous threads, and announcing that the thread you want to subscribe to is my [Old link]... if you like my videos, that is.

And on that note, there are new videos!

Love to all ubbrollsmile

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

Page: