Page:
PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
See here

www.actu.asn/au/work_rights/

Please be aware of this it will affect everybody in australia .

EDITED_BY: Puk (1120197284)

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
They are having a rally acroos the road from where I work for it today...right now...

Your wrong though...it won't affect everyone...it will affect everyone but the politicians in power that is why they don't care.

*sigh* have been told we are not allowed to go to the rally...but I don't see the point in going anyway...Howard gave us the GST despite the Australian wide protests...he sent our troops to Iraq despite our protests then too...

If the Australian public is so concerned about their futures they shouldn't be voting this moron...there were rumours this was going to happen and still he gets into power...AGAIN!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
See been told that is called been bullied right there with these rights taken away from you they could put you back to $12.75 causal flat rate no holiday pay etc .

Just look at what happened to New Zealand, Uk , U.S.A ?.

He want to make us (australia) a cheap labor force .

Just imagine trying to pay a morgague and haveing a family.
Individuall agreements DO NOT WORK .

All it does is give the boss the right to be a big bullie {sp}.

Hopefully you have sceen the add on t.v .

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I have seen the ads...I know it will effect me and every other hard working Australian.

I also saw the ads for the GST when they came out and went to the protests against that and that didn't help...

Sorry the only way that this is going to be stopped from going through is if Howard gets out of power...

So if you want to stop it don't vote for him or his government at the next election.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I didn't , he's done a good con job on the australian public .

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Puko - can you change the link, it's actually:

https://www.actu.asn.au/work_rights/

and the campaign is called: your rights at work

Its being coordinated by the ACTU

I will remind all Australian workers that at 8.30am on Friday 1 July at local clubs (check your local club for details, or union office) will be holding Australia's biggest workers meeting.

I am involved in the campaign at my work place, if anyone want more info, feel free to PM me, or check out the rights at work web site. ubbrollsmile

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
That thing tomorrow is for NSW...

The action meetings for WA and most of Australia is on today.

The website also tells you this and where the action meetings are being held.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
It was a hard thing to choose, but...

the thing I find most repulsive about all this, is the way funding, and other legislation, is used as a tactic to bully organisations and ministers into agreeing to changes. It is something we are seeing over and over again.

And all of this is the name of "greater choice" mad

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

BumfroIts a bum with an afro...
223 posts

Posted:
Why is everything so f#cked up?! ubbcrying

Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I dont understand. confused

Im guessing its a trade union thing...?

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Really, not much to say.

The unfair dismissal law is only one of a number of changes to industrial relations.

He’ll be “at it again” because from tomorrow the Liberals have control of both Houses.

On a brighter note, Mitsubishi are not going to buy Tasmanian wood chip from old growth forests smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Now THAT'S not cool news to open HOP and find out about! I was so pissed off when Howard got both houses...but being here i'd forgotten. guess what? im pissed all over again.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
the end is here.
uni fees with sky rocket, unions will be destroyed, wages will plummet... life will suck.

Do we sleep when we die?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
we can get angry at these proposed changes, and then we have 2 choices:

1. do nothing frown
2. do something hug

by choosing to remain silent, the perception from the government is that you are accepting ofthe changes and sending a message in your apathy that you support the proposed changes

frown

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Oh no but you see....the nation will 'benefit' because the unemployment rate will be lower because we'll have enough money to pay more workers. Don't you get it?

There was that huge protest in Melb yesterday with over 100,000 apparently.

I wanted to be there!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Ucof it's more than a "trade thing" . It's a everybody thing .

Your spot on ade (thanks for the fix up ).

I've scent off a letter to howard how i dissaprove things .

And im going to go tell my local polician how annoyed i am
make them think the most cause they are the easyiest to get rid off (makeing them unemployed as well) .

My union E.T.U has had their backs against the wall and won (the S.E.Q.B debarcal in 85) didn't give up then and won't give up now

STAND UP AND LET YOURSELF BE COUNTED !!!!!!

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but does this mean that employees that are more assertive and better at negotiating, will be paid more, and the employees that are a bit quiter, and possibly more skilled, will be paid less?

It's probably a plot to eventually wipe out all unions. Getting rid of student unions is just the beginning. It's the divide and conquor stratergy.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
psyrush that is one implication - the benefit of collective bargaining is that all workers benefit. With AWAs, only individuals will benefit and the collective is broken down.

frown

SchmicksyBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
It's funny how John Howard keeps getting back into power I think...

Stays in for so long, yet I cannot find anyone who has ever voted for him... Either there is some full on conspiracy crankin' behind the scenes or there are some awfully embarassed people who just dun wanna admit it...

Shame Australia, shame... frown

Get the freak out next time we have a chance... *fingers crossed*

Not that I'm attempting to influence your votes in -any- way... wink

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
EEK Last night I had a dream that John Howard was my kids stepfather? Dad? Babysitter?

He was reading them some sort of idiotic poem like" I'm a creep and a bully that's silly" and I went over and yelled at him! Somewhere in the same dream I found it was costing $140 to take the bus to the city the next day. eek

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
I think people would prefer howard over beazly and latham, thats why howard got voted back in.
he maybe a idiot, but to me latham and beazly are total idiots.

Do we sleep when we die?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Sent to by a dear friend.
" A Question of Ethics"

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By
giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which
you will have to make a decision.

Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

You are in Darwin. There is chaos all around you
caused by a cyclone with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical
proportions. You are a photojournalist working for a major newspaper,
and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is
nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are
houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the
water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

Suddenly you see a man floundering in the water. He is fighting for his
life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer ?
somehow the man looks familiar. You suddenly realise who it is. It's
John Howard. At the same time you notice that the raging waters are
about to pull him under.

You have two options --- you can save the life of "Little Johnny" or you
can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Price winning photo, documenting the death
of the Australian Prime Minister.

So here's the question, and please give an honest answer:

Would you select high contrast colour, or would you go with the classic
simplicity of black and white?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i've heard the same joke about George Bush, still a good one tho smile

You cant really blame johnny though, he was always going to do more things that are good for big business and bad for the normal people, he's just a capitalist after all.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Isn't it funny that he's popurality has gone down 10% .

Maybe we could get bob hawk to come back .

Love your post to newgabe .

And psy rush thats one issue but it's not likely to last to long if you get guy's getting $2 per hour more than you would you put up with it ?.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Well it's a protest today everywhere . Hope people have thought a lot about things .

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
the protest, damn it made me laugh!

in my local newspaper they were asking people on the street if they thought employers should let their staff go to the protest!!!!!

ITS A PROTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! getting permission for protesting is like asking if you can steal from a shop!(not that i do)

OF COURSE employers who will benefit from the new IR system will not allow you, they'd rather pay you less and keep you quite!

An apparently some big businesses in Aust have been threatening to fine workers that protest instead of going to work, since when was that legal? they're basically restircting freedom of choice, there has to be laws against that................or did they change them with the new anti-terror laws?

PhilomelSILVER Member
39 posts

Posted:
So, why exactly would Howard propose these industrial relations reforms? It’s not just because he is a [censored], nor that he has some burning right-wing, ideological drive to crush trade unions. Rather, it’s because, as Mr Majestik correctly pointed out, John Howard is a capitalist – and the raison d’etre of capitalists is making profits.

At the top of society, there is a tiny, wealthy minority (politicians, corporate bosses, Kerry Packer, etc.) who control production and live off the labour of the workers whom they exploit. And then there are the masses of workers who produce all the wealth in society yet do not get to keep much of this wealth for themselves. These laws, which are part and parcel of the capitalist system, are literally designed to make the rich become richer whilst the poor get poorer by stripping power away from workers and trade unions.

There’s also another aspect to Howard’s attacks. What do the IR reforms, Voluntary Student Unionism, and the anti-terror laws have in common? They are all attempts to quell voices of dissent against the Howard Government’s racist, right-wing agenda. Student unions and trade unions are at the forefront of opposing things that the government does such as the war, increasing tertiary education fees, and so on. Howard’s attacks will undermine these collective bodies and hinder students’/workers’ ability to organise, and make it illegal to go on strike or protest. Divide and rule, as PsyRush put it.

A lot of people in this thread sounded really demoralised, saying that these laws will go through inevitably and that we can’t do anything to change them. When people protest against things like GST, VSU, or the war, then they may be able to put a little pressure on the government by publicly displaying anti-Howard sentiment, but ultimately if they don’t have enough numbers hitting the streets to sustain the campaign, then the Liberals will win. However, the campaign against the IR laws is different and has a much better chance of succeeding. People are not just going on protest against these laws, but workers are actually going on strike and stopping production across key industries. This is a touch of death for the capitalists, because it means less profits for them, and the world basically stops spinning for as long as workers remain on strike. This is why, after every strike of this nature, you are guaranteed to see Kevin Andrews and Peter Costello on the news, whinging about how many billions of dollars of profits were lost as a result of the demonstrations.

So, what I am trying to convey is that workers do have real power. To quote Marx, workers are the ‘gravediggers’ of the capitalist system. When workers go on strike, the government is forced to listen, because everything the ruling class does is motivated by the relentless drive for profits.

A few people in this thread have also suggested that, to stop this legislation, our only hope is to vote for the ALP in the next federal election. After all, ‘Bomber Beazley’ recently stood on the steps of Parliament and literally stomped on the legislation itself. But we have to remember that Beazley and the ALP are capitalists as well. Their ultimate aim is to run the capitalist system and, at best, reform it. The ALP hardly present much of an alternative to the Howard Government agenda – earlier this year, they backed down on opposing VSU. It was the Hawke and Keating Labor governments that introduced the HECS system and the Accord. If, in 2008, the ALP were to be voted in, they would probably introduce their own version of the IR laws and VSU, or at least fail to repeal the legislation already implemented by the Liberals.

Of course, anyone but Howard would be great. Come the next federal election, I will be certainly voting Labor because an ALP government would at least slow down the ruling class’ agenda. But I guess what I’m trying to say is that people should be taking action on the streets now rather than getting their hopes up and waiting for Labor.

500,000 workers can’t be wrong! I encourage everyone who opposes the IR deforms to get actively involved in the campaign if you aren’t already.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
^ what he said, screw howard!

btw, funny story, one of my mums cousins knows a guy called john howard, and apparently he got sent the primeministers gold card by accident!!!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Mr Majestik

PhilomelSILVER Member
39 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mr Majestik

^what he said, screw howard!

Um... correction: what she said... women are capable of constructing political arguments too.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
my apologies,

^what she said, screw howard!

(i agree, thats an excelent political argument you have there!)

Page: