Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > LIVE 8 : AFRICA CALLING 2 July 2005 The Eden Project, Cornwall, UK

Login/Join to Participate

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
As many of you may already know, The Eden Project is staging a major Live 8 concert on July 2nd called "Africa Calling". The event will be programmed and presented in association with WOMAD and its co-founder Peter Gabriel, together with Senegalese superstar Youssou N'Dour.

The concert will be held during the afternoon and evening of Saturday 2nd July in the Eden arena, with the world's biggest greenhouses providing a spectacular backdrop. The day will feature an amazing line-up of African artists and is part of the series of Live 8 concerts happening around the world.

Mags has just text me to confirm that he and Brad have be employed to spinning at this event. He is very very excited about it (as he should be). I wonder if any of you out there are going to the event? I would love if someone could film their performance.

So thats my request of today. Can someone with a video camera go down to film them please? ubbrollsmile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
i applied for tickets but didnt get any so im going to bath instead. im quite gutted coz Tinarwiren are playing and i love them!!!

oh well!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Is anyone spinning at the Hyde park event? I`ll be there with Save the Children if anyone fancies meeting up!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel