Forums > Social Chat > Annoying body glitches

Login/Join to Participate

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I know its common to get a twitch in your eye when a nerve is pinched or something, and I accept the fact that it will happen from time to time, but its been going mental recently, twitching every half hour or so for the past three solid weeks. I am going insane because of it.

The body has many glitches like this and hiccups too (Grrrr). So this thread is for nameing these glitches, shaming these glitches, finding out why they happen in the first place, and what we can do to get rid of them.

(Especially the eye twitch thing... I'm desperate to make it go away)
ubbrollsmile

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
i don't get proper hic-ups. i get hic-burps ubblol

hug maybe you are supposed to be insane, that why your twitching. ubblol

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I agree nothing (I do mean NOTHING) annoys me more than hiccups, why oh why does the body do such a stupid thing!!!
I have a muscle on the top of my left shoulder that at certain times twitches and pulses and i sit looking at it, move my arm and it stays twitching away, you can even see it through my t-shirt......
The body is wonderful, why doesn't it come with an operators manual? soapbox
meditate (*thinks calm thoughts*)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
I cant burp.......I have tried and its just not happening. I do however get the censored hiccups, and the twitche eye thing has anyone ever had the twitche knee thing now that annoying and all 3 together...............................

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
i get really really annoying twitches at the corners of my mouth, it makes it look like i'm smiling psychoticly!

The worst thing is that it always happens at the worst possible moments...like when my ex was breaking up with me, all i could do was sit there with my mouth was twitching into this wierd psycho smile....he really thought i was wierd after that!!

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Sounds like Tourette Syndrome
Sometimes I wish I had the form of Tourettes where you blurt out a censored word randomly... Maybe I just need to practice. biggrin

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I get weird things, i think they are called Phantom Nerves, basically if i scratch or pinch a part of my body i willf eel it in another part, its really weird

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I have been having the same twitching above the eye problem for a while now too...I can feel your annoyance...

The other one I get quite a lot is foot cramps that damn well won't go away for hours...they hurt so much they sometimes have me crawling on the floor crying due to the pain.

A doctor told me that they were calcium deposits causing them...

rowanleemember
99 posts

Posted:
people with twitching eye problems might want to find out a bit about taking a high potency B vitamin complex, and a sublingual B12... .

wherever you go, there you are

Captain_Hi_TopBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
i can feel the cold in my big toe 3 days before it hits-
my left knee does the rain and if its going to be cold and wet then the right knee hurts-im getting old i think

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw
a revolver at him?

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Written by: blu_valley

I know its common to get a twitch in your eye when a nerve is pinched or something, and I accept the fact that it will happen from time to time, but its been going mental recently, twitching every half hour or so for the past three solid weeks. I am going insane because of it.

The body has many glitches like this and hiccups too (Grrrr). So this thread is for nameing these glitches, shaming these glitches, finding out why they happen in the first place, and what we can do to get rid of them.

(Especially the eye twitch thing... I'm desperate to make it go away)
ubbrollsmile

I had that for a few weeks once... it scared the hell outta me, i had no idea what it was.... then it suddenly dissapeared as mysteriously as it came. I hope you're as lucky as i was.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Stress can cause eye twitches...that's what mine is all about.

It's funny but everytime I think about work my eye flickers (not just general work but for example: when I get up in the morning and realise I have to go to work again).

My work stresses me out so much and that is what makes my eye go nuts.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I was told that it was a stress or lack of sleep thing, but I have been experiancing neither lately. I did recently quit all my naughty habits for a month, so I thought it may have been my body reacting strangely to my system cleaning itself out, but I have since reverted back to my old ways and the twitching has not stopped.... (Because I would rather be a walking toxin than have a twitchy eye)

I'ts a wierd kind of twitch, because you cant really see it from the outside, but it makes my vision go funny in my right eye, and it's just annoying!

I think I will look into that B vitamin complex thing, thanks rowanlee. Hopefully it does just disappear one day...sooon!!

GRRRRRR!

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Ok, the twitching hasnt stopped but its either calmed down a bit or I'm learning to live with it, although, today I have woken up with a black-eye. I dont know why. I didnt get hit and I dont remember walking in to anything. There was nothing I could have knocked it against in my sleep apart from my own fist.
What do you think may have caused this? Maybe my eye was twitching in my sleep and I punched myself?

It looks really bad, I cant open my eye properly because its swollen and its pinky-purple in colour. Some people at the office have asked me how it happened, and truthfully I answered that I don't know. No one believes me ofcoarse. I can see the rumours brewing in peoples brains.So what should I say?
confused ubbrollsmile confused

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Make up a stupid and slightly embarrassing story like to went to open the fridge and smacked yourself in the face...if you depreciate yourself people are more likely to believe you if you say you did something they themselves would not own up to doing...lie big or don't lie.
or just say the eye fairy came during the night because your head was under the pillow and you had to fight it off, but still left you bruised.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

DarthMeauxThe artist formerly known as Phae'xorl.
145 posts
Location: South-East Ohio (the foothills of the Appalacian M...

Posted:
My upper lip curls into a sort of snarl sometimes....usually only when I am lifting anything with any real weight from the ground up...For instance, I was helping my friend move a few months ago, and as he was thanking me for helping him out, I appeared to be snarling at him...I had to explain the whole thing to him, as he thought I was pissed off or something...I felt bad that I snarled at him, but all I could do was giggle... biggrin

"...heaven is ordering a six piece chicken nugget and getting seven...and a switchblade."

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I hate getting hiccups I get so frustrated. My hiccups always ache in my throat everytime.

I haven't had a eye twitch for ages, I hate them so much though.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I hiccup. constantly. I am the hiccup queen. It dosn't bother me though, as my hiccups sound like mice being stepped on, and make other people laugh, so meh smile
I get 'phantom' nerves sometimes too. Where it hurts or twitches in other place to where I've been hit/hurt.

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i get hibburps. yes, thats right, weird hiccup/burp hybrids. they are HORRIBLE. i hate them. i also get dry spots in my throat and they're sooo annoying *claws out throat* and i have a weird phantom nerve in my belly button that is attached to my big toe. ick.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I cant burp either. Only occasionally by accident does it happen.

Sometimes I get an itch but when I scratch it, it doesnt help. It often ends up being in a different spot and only when I start scratching my whole body do I find it.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

I get weird things, i think they are called Phantom Nerves, basically if i scratch or pinch a part of my body i willf eel it in another part, its really weird

I had an op on my left hand to fix some severed nerves and tendons around the base of my pinky finger as i'd sliced it open with cut glass (accident of course). The surgeons didn't do a good job fixing it because if i stroke down the inside of my lil finger, its the outside that tingles. Funnily enough I've lost most the feeling on the outside until i touch the inside. v weird! ubbloco

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I hiccup every single day. Just really random ones that are loud and make people stare at me. I never had them before I came to europe... I don't find them that annoying, just tell people when they look surprised at me, I say it's normal for me to hiccup randomly.

However, when I get a real bout of hiccups, they are horrid! Last for about half an hour, and they're really often, and loud... Last bout I had on Oxford st. in London, and people were looking at me funny, because they could hear them over the traffic even... My dad was really worried for me! It's a hassle though, because everytime I try to talk, I hiccup through a word. Kinda funny actually ubblol

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
i get the witchy eye thin aaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll the time and it sooooooooooooooooooo annoying!GRRRRR!!! one of my eyebrows also randomly twitches up and down so half the time i look like i'm coming on to whoever im talking to!!!!Super embarrassing when its ageing relatives!! However i do find that sucking an ice cubes helps.Sounds random i know,but hey it works for me!! mad2

(goes into a quiet rant about the twitchy eye thingy)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
whenever i get a twitchy lip thing, i do an Elvis impression

ah huh huh!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
We learned about the twitchy eye thing in medical school.

1) It doesn't have a name.
2) It happens to almost everyone at some point in their life.
3) It goes away.
4) It may mean you need to drink water, but other than that, there isn't a cure.
5) It's probably similar to hiccups, but nobody's really studied it...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So my random body glitch.

Every 5 or so years this will happen and it just happened this morning:

I'll wake up feeling fine. I'll drink some water. And then over a period of 30 or so minutes I'll be taken by a slow wave of nausea. AWFUL feeling. Like my guts are twisting themselves inside-out, and oh, the headache... And then it will suddenly get really bad and I'll throw up a bunch of water.

And then I'll sit there breathing heavily over the pool of vomit (or toilet if I got to one) and two minutes later I feel right as rain, like it never happened.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura