Forums > Social Chat > Seventh Official Language

Login/Join to Participate

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I just enrolled myself into my seventh official language class.

No wonder I am so confused all the time I have too many languages roaming in my head...

Maybe I should learn how to speak English properly before I take on anymore languages...

This semester I am going to be taking on French, which is my first European language...should be interesting.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Spanish is much easier

I do Spanish at university (not at all biased!!)

I did some italian (difficult when studied at the same time as spanish because they are pretty similar)

Next year I'm going to do some french too, instead of the italian. I think it will be easier for me because I did a french GCSE, so hopefully it will all come back to me and I won't get too confused...

I like languages. What ones do you speak?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I need to learn French cause apparently I am going to be living there for a year. eek

So far I speak: English (Fluent), Indonesian (Fluent), Malaysian (Fluent), Australian Sign Language (Intermediate), Javanese (Beginner), Arabic (Beginner)

I know a few words in Thai too so will eventually (no doubt) go on to extend on that.

Maybe while I am over in Europe I will pick up Spanish and a few others...then I will be totally confused all the time.

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
Indonesian and Malaysian are almost the same language.
but your pretty clever for know all of them.

Do we sleep when we die?

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
They are similar but not the same.

They is a fair difference which people don't realise until they learn the two.

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
Ooh Fi.. I need help learning Indo! wink

congrats! very impressed! hug

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Are you going to learn how to speak spainish at all then you should be well and truely covered for lots.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Adya what help do you require?

Puk - It's on my list of languages to do...they have language schools in the UK for international students so I might do it while I am over there.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I want to learn latin, and use that as a base for learning more. Aren't most european languages sorta built on latin?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
i want to extend on the little of a few languages i can speak that includes german (intermediate)
urdu
chinese(mandarin)
spanish
and would like to dutch again although its all completely left my head now.
i think most european languages are built on latin alot of english is aswell.

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Ive told you before that I hate you for your languages! I'll catch up! one day! somehow! tongue

Right now I am hoping I don't accidently drop any Romanian while in Hungary...might not end pretty! Was going to wear a shirt with Romanian writing on it...but decided against it!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i want to learn japaneese

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Medusa - Well done!! Do you ever get dreams in other languages..you head must be swimming with multi-lingual thoughts!

Written by: MiG

I want to learn latin, and use that as a base for learning more. Aren't most european languages sorta built on latin?

I learnt Latin, I still like to study it every now and then so that i don't forget it.
I went on to learn spanish, french and german and it made a lot of difference. Its nice knowing where a lot of the words in european language originate from. Latin is also great for properly understanding english.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Medusa - Do you do these languages as part of your job? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
and plus, you can sound sophistimicated biggrin

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
and pretentious...i mean...ubbangel you know i love you and im not in the least bit jealous! ubbangel

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
you only need 3 languages
english
scientific
maths
(not that im trying to come up w/ an excuse for my complete lack of linguistic abilities)

back

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I have only used my Indonesian once in my job...that was to tell an international student that we had her stolen wallet handed in and she had to come pick it up.

After trying to talk with her in English for half an hour and her still not understanding I asked her where she was from out of pure frustration and when she said Indonesia I immediately started speaking Indonesian...

No problems after that.

So I don't get to practice my languages much, which is a shame because I know that I will lose the knowledge of them if I don't use them.

Yes I dream in another language all the time, mostly Indonesian as it is my strongest other language.

Rouge Dragon...I will never let you catch up mwhahahaha.....just when you think you have caught me I will take another language....the only way you will supercede me is by killing me first!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Written by: Medusa

Rouge Dragon...I will never let you catch up mwhahahaha.....just when you think you have caught me I will take another language....the only way you will supercede me is by killing me first!

that can be arranged...

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
I got English, Japanese & French...but I know a tad'0'Spanish, 2 words in Russian...arbitrary insults in German, and how to swear profousely in Cantonese

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!