amaninewbie
1 post

Posted:
i'm not finding any instruction on how to do the mexican weave on the hop poi lessons... anyone? and are there videos i can see of it?

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Try the "helpful advice threads" thread at the top of this forum. wink

hug welcome to HoP!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

FireKittenSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
I learnt it by doing a BTB butterfly (to get used to both hands behind me) then a normal butterfly bring one hang above my shoulder, back to a butterfly, then the other hand untill I had my poi moving one in front one behind at all times.

xxx

xX Twist and twirl to trance and techno Xx

PoiElfBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
It has the same sort off motions as a windmill or corkscrew, but the poi are spinning opposite ways, as if from butterfly. If you can alternatly take your hands over your head while doing butterfly, you should be able to do it by bringing the poi into the horizontal plane and keeping the switching, over the head motion continuous.

Hope that helps
Helz smile

"Mmm... I'm sure I had a tail this moring, now I've got legs!"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hug
Its a wave and not a weave. I dont know if you misunderstood or if it was just a typo. smile

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
It's not a weave or a wave (or a particle (aaarrggh! physics joke! gag, splutter, etc...))

Them's butterfly shoulder reels! wink

Anyway; definitely not a weave.

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.