Forums > Social Discussion > My stupid emotions - advice please

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Probably gonna get deleted but oh, well, here goes:

I underwent my first session of hypnotherapy last night because I have serious security issues concerning my better half. I can't stop feeling paranoid or jealous because every guy she meets, fancies her and has to tell her so, and offer her their love. It's even close friends of mine from uni that I trust, that I introduce to her that do it. These are the ones that piss me off the most. I always get scared that one day she'll get a better offer than I can give her, and she'll be off. I know that she thinks an awful lot of me, and that the chances of it happening are very very slim, but still I get worried. I don't want to lose the best thing that has ever happened to me. It's happened at least ten times since we've been together and it makes me so insecure that I try to push her away and hurt her before anything like that has a chance to happen to me. Thank the powers that be that I haven't managed to do it yet, and that she's so fantastic and strong that she sticks by me (god knows I don't deserve it after the way I've hurt her) But i just decided I'm getting sick of feeling so paranoid for no reason, and causing quite a bit of pain for the both of us.

Thankyou Georgina for being so amazing and having the patience for putting up with me. Words cannot express how wonderful I think you are.

I know she can't help being fantastic and beautiful, But why do other men not realise that when people are together, they are together and that's that? I wouldn't go trying to split people up because I had feelings for someone else's girlfriend. It's just not done. It's downright rude as well as makes me feel like complete sh!t.

Anyway...

My first session was last night. My mum's partner is a qualified hypnotherapist, So I get the treatment for free. It was the most amazing and yet freaky thing I have ever done!!

There I am, sitting in a chair, listening to him say things like 'your eyelids are getting heavy, and this is ok' and then he shows me a spot on his hand (proper David Blaine style) and before I know it, he's told me to close my eyes and that they're locked shut. I try to open them, but nothing. It's as if my entire body is paralysed, but I'm still in complete control of everything that is going on around me. He tells me to relax, and counts me down the 'stairs of relaxation', whereupon every step you go down, doubles your state of relaxation. By the time I get to the bottom, my body feels like a lead weight, and I feel so peaceful and calm.

He then took me on a 'trip to the cottage'. 'The Cottage' is an imaginary cottage in your head. you build up a picture of the most beautiful cottage you can imagine (mine was in Falmouth, for some reason) and the cottage is right on a cliff-edge. You walk into it and see that it's in a mess. there's crap lying everywhere, but this is no ordinary crap. What's lying around is all the emotions and experiences and indeed anything that you don't like about yourself, and you have to tidy up. I started off last night by ridding myself of quite a lot of jealousy that had built up in my mind, and a small bit of some other bad aspects of myself. I also managed to incorporate some of the urge to smoke in my rubbish. It felt so good. Once I had cleaned up a bit, I was told to 'tie a knot in the rubbish sack so that nothing could get out, take the sack to end of the picturesque garden, and throw it over the cliff'. Done. A weight off my shoulders.

Aftre that, he counted me out of the trance that I was in, saying 'when I get to the number five, you will be able to open your eyes'. 'one' he said. nothing. I tried to open my eyes early, but couldn't. 'Two'. same thing happened. 'three, four' again no response from me. 'Five' I opened my eyes and was wide awake, and still fully aware of what had been happening.

Does anyone else go through these emotions concerning their partners? Or am I just weird? How does everyone else deal with them? Can you give me any tips? Has anyone else broken up with people for reasons they later found out to be crap?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Thursday 21st july until sunday/monday

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
21st to 25th July. Is Leeds any easier to get to?

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
21st til the 25 july

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
how long would the train be to london?

how much in cost in total?

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
is there any difference in price?

they are all an hour away from me, york i know well.id go for there.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
is it a straight train from york to london and vice versa?

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
sorry for multiple posting.....

the train is on the 20th then i guess?

do the trains all fit in ok with coming back from falmouth?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I think we are talking Mega bus not trains hun..... I don't really have enough money to book train tickets, sorry. hug

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
no i meant from york to london.lol

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
National Express from Ripon to london would take 5 hours and 40 minutes. leaving at 0840 in the morning. Cost would be £22 pounds. I got this covered if you want to do it.

Be Water My Friend.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
£22 return that is returning on the monday at 1630 to arrive back in Ripon at 2200.

Be Water My Friend.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
york to london return, according to the trainline web site, is £52 if booked now.... as its a super advanced ticket.

The mega bus is way way cheaper. Mega bus site

Train tickets

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
i really dont know, i need to get meself sorted out here first.

i really dont think it is possible from my point of view.

when is the next falmouth?il come to that for definite as long as its not next summer cos il be away.

thank you to everyone for all this help,i do appreciate it all but i cant do it currently.

i hope you all understand including ed.

love you all, hope to see you soon at the next meet up.

hug hug hug hug hug

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Oh well, My situation hasn't changed. I get all excited and again for no reason. Thanks anyway guys. You're all fantastic.

George, I do understand. even if I don't like it. Not your fault. hug
I still love you more than anything else in the world ubblove

Be Water My Friend.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
frown hug i wanted to see you wear a cheer leader outfit.
hug i guess i had better get practicing my cj skills. *Goes up to desk picks up stage ball and puts it down again* hmmmm need more than that i guess biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
If things you change your mind or things change making it easier for you to come don't be affraid to ask for some help to get there biggrin

Lifes got too many nasty things going on and we never know how long we have got so I say grab every chance of having fun as you can.

Hope to get to meet you soon hug

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
i WILL come to the next falmouth.

then it will be easier for me.

as long as i can get to london in any way then go down to falmouth with ed and durbs etc.....if thats possible?!?!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
skully's right and is the reason why i am going. and of cause i miss all my hopper buddies. lol.

but there is always next time i guess

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
when is it likely to be?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I doubt there will be another one this year unless its a mini one like last year just before Christmas.... but who knows biggrin

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
yeah but i think it will more than likey be decided while either there or after. so if we make it a real good one we could well get another before the end of the year... although it will be bloody cold again

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
hey hey

thought id tell y'all that i have got a job,its part time 16 hours a week,but crap pay.

its something to go from i suppose.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
hug yeay

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
i wouldnt go that far lol
its shi**y
£4.25 an hour lol
how poo

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
whats it doing? hug

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
sales assistant in a poxy shop!!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Well, at least today should put things in perspective

Well done on the job hug

Getting to the other side smile

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Don't worry, I'm working for charity and get paid a poxy £3.80ph! I wouldn't mind seeing as is for a charity and all, except i'm beginning to think that the charity is corrupt and higher management are pocketing the money in bonuses unannounced.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
lol it just gets better,

now they say they dont want me cos before they didnt realise it was only for 2 months as i was going back to uni.

im finding all this quite humerous now cos its so unbelievable.

Sir Nuggit....is a liability
899 posts

Posted:
Jellycopters are in mass production and going for a song biggrin

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

Page: ...