Forums > Social Chat > Ouch! Thats gotta hurt!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
Today, sat at college during lunch, on the grass enjoying the sun after a bit of a spin on my Poi, and a few people have come over and asked if they may have a go. I've said "Yeah sure!" and watched them spin.

After watching this and many other scenario's in many different locations, I have come to a conclusion that any male, who picks up a set of Poi, with maybe little or no experience tends to hit them selves in the goolies from anywhere between 20 seconds to 5 minutes.

Not excluding Female spinners, but the ratio of Poi:Body collisions tends to be more common between the legs than in most other places.

Anyone else noticed this painfull and tear-jerking phenomina?

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
the bit i hate the most is that moment where your entire body HAS to curl up just to lessen the pain

back

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
erm... guys... A girl can be in labour for days...

The longest we suffer is if the after shock numbness lasts for two hours....

Girls have it much worse *nods*

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

270 posts

Posted:
I mean the intensity to time ratio... and women have a higher pain threshold. :P *Jams in "last say" stylie*
But screw it. I'm here to love all not to fight... ^^

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
seraphire
i thought the two were the same but jsut from differnt directions tongue

back

GandyBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Ok, so an article from today:

"men are supposed to be the real wimps who wont sufer in silence and take to their beds at the first sign of illness. They could never, or so woman tell them, deal with giving birth.
Not so, say researchers (Bath University Pain Management Unit) who claim men actually cope better with pain because they do not get so emotional about it"

"Men take a practical solution to pain, seeking solutions to their discomfort and how they can alleviate it. woamn focus directly on the pain and how it is makng them feel, meaning they feel it more acutely, for longer periods and in more parts of their body."

Now this could be more about 'macho man' and trying to look hard (they were asked to take their arm from warm water and submerge in freezing water) and that woman had more snese than to keep doing something stupid but.....

*are those my feet?!*

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I ALWAYS hit myself n the eye. luckily its sock poi. 'nuff said!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

meghannenthusiast
302 posts

Posted:
ive noticed not many girls hit them selves there, i think coz guys think i dont wanna hit myself there... they think about it and make it more likley to occur,

girls dont worry the same so collisions are fewer, also when guys are more confident, collisions are fewer stil coz they arent worrying

ive learned
life is tough... but im tougher

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
Written by: thegreatnoname

to bad I don't fit into this, I have never had this problem. I hit myself in the chins but I have managed to avoid doing anything that painful.

chins!

heh-heh-heh.

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: *Aimée*

oh ok..let me jack open my vagina 10cm's and push out something much bigger than 10cm's..
can't hurt that much can it? tongue tongue

Yup. That's going in my sigline.

Sorry, hun. Gotta be careful saying things like that. ubbangel

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

270 posts

Posted:
You shrewd devil you. ;x

DarthMeauxThe artist formerly known as Phae'xorl.
145 posts
Location: South-East Ohio (the foothills of the Appalacian M...

Posted:
Wow, I'm ,er glad, to hear that it isn't just me who jacks himself in the yarbles...the butterfly was lethal to learn....Although, I have noticed that as time goes by I do hit myself less and less as I spin....I hope it continues along that path....

"...heaven is ordering a six piece chicken nugget and getting seven...and a switchblade."

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
If you have any yarbles, you foul eunuch jelly thou!

Either you've seen and liked A Clockwork Orange (or even read!) too or you don't know what I'm going on with and I've just insulted you horribly.

Poi spinning wise I'm much the same way. I haven't hit myself in the nadgers in at least weeks, probably months, and having said that I'll probably be staggering around at circus practice this very night.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

Page: