Forums > Social Chat > Ouch! Thats gotta hurt!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
Today, sat at college during lunch, on the grass enjoying the sun after a bit of a spin on my Poi, and a few people have come over and asked if they may have a go. I've said "Yeah sure!" and watched them spin.

After watching this and many other scenario's in many different locations, I have come to a conclusion that any male, who picks up a set of Poi, with maybe little or no experience tends to hit them selves in the goolies from anywhere between 20 seconds to 5 minutes.

Not excluding Female spinners, but the ratio of Poi:Body collisions tends to be more common between the legs than in most other places.

Anyone else noticed this painfull and tear-jerking phenomina?

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i have, many times. adding alcohol to the equasion is even funnyer as the try to shug it off like nothings happened then limp off ubblol

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Lol, when I'm feeling nice and showing guys how to spin poi, I'll tell them it's best to stuff a book or something solid in their shorts for protection. Otherwise I just wait for the inevitable and get my laugh for the day. ubblol

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
ubblol wow. i never noticed it before but come to think of it, it's very true. thanx for pointing this out. i will be making a mental note of when ever this happens. biggrin

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
And never have someone standing behind you, trying to get you to spin. Adya put me in pain on friday night. I think next time i might take a book with me next time biggrin or try and get one of those sports cup things, hehehe

Do we sleep when we die?

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
it's not nice with staff, i know that much. I had to stop spinning for the rest of the day.

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
i recommend guys to buy a frog if thier going to be learning poi!!!

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I've also found that butterfly is one of the most lethal moves for beginners too. The poi collide at the bottom, one goes away from you, while the other goes straight for the nuts!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Yup I remember my first go with poi. dropped like a stone in the middle of the high street...
The guys walking passed were caught between wanting to laugh and wincing, I generally steer clear of these emascualting devices now unless I am feeliing brave...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
this is why I have loovely squishy practise poi... its hurts for women too u know..... yeeesh well if you hit hard enuf and in the right place

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
fire spinning angel said..."i recommend guys to buy a frog if thier going to be learning poi!!!"

what now? confused buy a frog? i think i've missed something there...

ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I don't think that is pre-watershed cat ubblol

I have since got over my poi fear and now can watch poi without too much fear of pain!!
Unless near certain individuals

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
get a cup!

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
lol but as proven by jackass it doent protect quite all the sensitive areas... and will only take so much flak

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
yeah, if you hit it hard enough it'll still crush things.
EDITED_BY: monkeynamedspank (1119991093)

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

stavvyGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
yup my poi definately have a magnetised aura attracted to my nut sack frown and this is why i'm reluctant to fire spin with them i mean i dont like the smell of burning hair at least my staff only hits me in the head!!

stu - the most intelligent (ameoba) in the world

thegreatnonamemember
58 posts

Posted:
to bad I don't fit into this, I have never had this problem. I hit myself in the chins but I have managed to avoid doing anything that painful.

Isn't sanity a one trick pony? Rational thought is all you get but when you are crazy the sky is the limit.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I remember a guy at my co-op once picking up my poi, whirling them at top speed, and then slamming both of them into the family jewels.

He did something I've never quite seen before. He clutched the affected area, as is traditional, and then he ran in a circle three times before collapsing into a fetal position holding the traumatized organs.

shrug Bizarre.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
Written by: mynci

I don't think that is pre-watershed cat ubblol

Sure it is, they show cricket games during the day don't they? A frog's the same as a cup, gita...a nad protector in this context. #Considers# But don't use a real frog, or reccomend anyone else does to protect their bits cos it's cruel to the beastie even if they don't get hit and they squirm around and may figure out a way to do some damage.

#Laughs# Ran three times in a circle you say? Poor guy, I suppose that's the same as shaking my arm around randomly to distract myself from burning my mouth. Or some rare sort of cultural phenomenon waiting for David Attenbourough to do one of his Voice Of God documentaries about.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
thanks seb for the confirmation that i was not in fact advising guys to put a real frog down there.....it is in fact as you mentioned a form of protection for cricketers....and roller hokey/ice hockey players.....

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Doc Lightning

He did something I've never quite seen before. He clutched the affected area, as is traditional, and then he ran in a circle three times before collapsing into a fetal position holding the traumatized organs.

shrug Bizarre.

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
You are most very welcome, the animal rights protection people need all the help they can get to keep ampghibians out of people's pants.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yeah.. it happened to both durbs an strugz on sunday in the space of a few minutes... tongue

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

270 posts

Posted:
I'm a victim of my own smarmy-point-out... It has not been a good day to spin today... =/

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
although the pain may not quite be on par..windmill + DD's = baaaaad combination

270 posts

Posted:
>< I feel for you hon! ><

Ohh! I got one! Yeah...Ball shots are worse than Child-Birth!

*Eagarly awaits the oncoming dispute with malignant glee* biggrin

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
im with you on that one seraphire smile

back

270 posts

Posted:
Indeed, its true, well IMOthe intensity of pain to time it endures makes it worse. I mean, the ache...><

GandyBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't mind so much but its allways the same blinking testical. bruises are not right in places like that and travelling home on the tube holding yourself is not a good plan, many dodgy looks

*are those my feet?!*

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
oh ok..let me jack open my vagina 10cm's and push out something much bigger than 10cm's..
can't hurt that much can it? tongue tongue

270 posts

Posted:
frown Fine Point taken. Yet balls are soo damn sensitive, fragile..and nature put them in the most stupid place..but come to think about it...better there than anywhere else.

And Birth is meant to do that...Ball shots are un-natural hate crimes instigated by evil little gnomes who wish amusing harm upon men.

Page: