Page:
doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
I was chewing an elastic band just a moment ago, i ended up chewing thru it and it snapped back & hit me in the face, it stings quite alot and i feel pretty stupid, has anything stupid like that happened to anyone else out there recently??

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
*tries not to laugh*

Actually earlier i walked into the corner of a filing cabinet for no reason! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i have bruises on my legs all the time from walking into things. i have no idea how i do it. but it hurts a lot. ubbcrying

ubblol

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

761 posts

Posted:
i stabbed myself in the throat whilst putting a cap on a pen once. i had the cap in my teeth and i pushed the pen into it, a little too energetically.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

JilavreGOLD Member
32 posts

Posted:
Oh oh.
My friend once took a BIG chunk out of his eyebrow with a McDonald straw! You know the ones that are really thick?
Took a huge chunk out.

Recently I seem to have developed a habit of hitting myself in the head with tennisballs on strings.... does that count?

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I fall down a lot, completely unneccesarily and very over-dramatic. Especially in situations like at work while talking to big clients.

I aso have a habit of opening doors but having my foot in the way, so not only does the door bang my foot, but I also tend to walk straight into the half-opened door.

redface

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i once stabbed my self with a compass and it went right under my thumbnail all the way to the end. the worst thing was it was english so my teacher got annoyed that i wasn't paying attention ubblol

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

761 posts

Posted:
nice one sir yoni, i used to hate when you'd hurt yourself, scream and then get punished, just rubbing salt in the wound.

my girlfriend has a great one, she was doing b.ball training, jogging round the court kicking your feet up behind you and tipping your fingers off yopur shoes. her coach kept screaming at her too kick higher, she got frustrated and kicked alot higher, straight into her hand, shattering her finger in 3 places.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I'm forever shutting my thumbs in cupboard doors. Only hurts when I slam the door though, or when there's child safety catches, so could be worse.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

cainebabymember
32 posts

Posted:
i walk into things...almost everything, and if on the off chance i miss it... i stub my little toe, and that hurts!

my friend tried to close her bathroom window situated above the toilet bowl, she slipped and her foot went straight in, i laughed for hrs

what kind of victory is it when someone is left defeted?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
-I walk into things all the time
-Not a day goes by where i don't fall down the stairs
-I manage to burn myself all the time when cooking (like 2 times a week!!
-I seem to gravitate towards any slippery wet bits in supermarkets, I've fallen on my arse infront of lots of shoppers many many many times!

At school to 'pull a beth' (as in to 'pull a monica' from friends) was to fall over in some humiliating way!

I am possible the most mal-cordinated, accident prone person ever in the world - to the point where i was taken to doctors to make sure there wasn't something wrong with me!! ubbloco

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
well once when i was about 9 i was playing tarzan and jane in these tree's and i was swinging on a half snapped branch and it broke and i fell to the ground spraining and chipping my ankle and climbed over a fence and walked up a hill all the way home as my friends thought i was pretending to be hurt lol.

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
About 2 weeks ago i feel down the stairs and brusied my sacrum (bone in my pelvis)

Ive fallen down stairs, fell on my bum, trapped my hand in doors, dropped things on my feet, dropped things in genral, fallen in to bushes and genral batterd my self to pieces countless times.

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
the worst one i know of was when my mate and his brother were young they were trying to get over a fence whick had thoses metal spikes on the top. my mate lifted his brother up so he could put his hands inbetween the spikes and climb over. then he missed and his hands went straight onto the spikes so he had to be lifted off. he still has two scars on either sides of his hands.
ouch eek

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
hmmmm heres one

a few years ago I was arsing around with my ex on a skateboard.... well being ina rather hilly area I thought I'd go down a really steep road on it. It has a slight turn that you cant quite see round the corner. And well I was wearing a bike chain bracelet. Anyways a car comes round the corner I crap myself and dive off the board to the side and land my hand directly on my bracelet and gouged out some nice chunks off skin. Nice

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
i try not to do embarrassing/painful things if i can help it, though I did get dropped on my head by a mate the other day though. He's one of them brick wall type people and he grabbed my leg. I thought a good way out of this would be to hoist myself up onto his shoulders. He didn't and basically threw me over his shoulder.
I hit the floor head first and bled. Everyone looked concerned but i pretty much shrugged it off and it was all good.

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Has anyone seen those foldable manicure scissors?

Well I was trying to fold a set and they weren't folding so I placed my hand between the blades to try to shut them and (yes you guessed it) they shut very quickly and slashed my hand up pretty nicely.

I am so accident prone though that this is only one example of my stupidity...I am constantly walking into walls, doors (yes if I say I walked into a door after you ask why I have a black eye my excuse of walking into a door is really true)...furniture.

I have tried to show off my martial arts prowess (I have none) while wearing a long skirt and ended up on my arse very quickly on tiles.

I have slipped on water on tiles while running to get something boiling off the stove and ended up with a huge bruise.

Yes I am an official clutz!

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
When i was moving the other week, every trip from one place to the other i managed to hurt myself, be it hitting my head from standing in the trailer or walking into things. I was sure I'd be unconscious or a giant bruise by the end of the day.

Do we sleep when we die?

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Thursday I went to a festival and was spinning poi round a bon fire. I was performing so I wanted to impress. I started doing extended pirouettes while traveling in a big circle around the bon fire but forgot the fact that I dont know how to spot my head when doing so smile Needless to say I ended up rather dizzy after I completed the circle and fell over redface

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
HoPers are such clumsy people. perhaps its one of our traits

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I agree DoctorSkell...which is really stupid if you think about, the most accident prone people on the earth and we play with fire...go figure

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
well for me even the most simple things can be disastrous....
hhmmm ill tell you a couple of stories about me and the wonderful friends that i have!!

well the first story was quite painful so i think worth a mention.....well you know those ticket booths that you see with a little gap at the bottom to put your money through and a hole to speak through??? well one of my friends dared me to try and see if i could fit through the bottom bit where you put your money....NOT a good idea.....i managed to get halfway through but the got severely stuck.....
two hours later found me still stuck and eventually i got pulled from one side and pushed from the other until i got out....it resulted in me have many bruises from the tight squeeze and a few cuts from the chaffing of pulling me under the glass.....

the next couple of stories are a offtopic but there funny even if they didnt hurt.....
ok well the first is simple, one of my friends decided it would be funny to pick me up and dump me in a garbage bin.....he did so and i again got stuck, instead of helping me out he just walked off laughing and left me in the bin.....he eventually came back but not until sufficient people had walked past to get me severely embarrassed!!!

right now its another example of my friends picking on me again.....well we were on a camp and somehow got hold of a BRAND NEW roll of cling wrap.....they decided it would be funny to totally wrap someone up in it.....that someone turned out to be me. they forced me to be wrapped up VERY tightly from the ankles to the head with my arms pinned by my sides also wrapped up.....they eventually finished the roll then decided to push me around until i fell over then promptly sat on me and tickled me!!! did you know that it is virtually impossible to get up once your on the ground when your wrapped in cling wrap?!
by this time most of the peopleat the camp had joined in the game of 'toture me' and were having a very fun time rolling me around on the ground (even the leaders joined in!) finally one of the leaders took pity on me and cut the cling wrap off!!!

hhmmm.....what else has happened??? oh yeah i got set on fire in a supermarket once!!!
its true.....my dad used to have this thing where he would always flick his lighter near me or on my clothing just to muck around.....one day he did this in the supermarket and i happened to have some very flammable trouses on and well you can guess what happened!!! the supermarket stunk for ages!!!

i could go on for a long time about stuff like this but i wont.....

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Medusa is accident prone.
Guys accidentally turn her upside down and spank her lots too.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
sounds like she has a good time :P ubbloco

Do we sleep when we die?

761 posts

Posted:
isnt it just great to be accident prone and spinning fire. its like a mini adventure evrytime you light up!

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I was asking for it weekend before last.... fire poi n acid... duh

wrapped me arm up, I have a small burn now

oops

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lol

my best accident is cycling into a sign post
-was talking to my mate cycling slowwly and just rode stright into it v funny

most painful had to be trying to get of a trampoline i missed the edge and landed flat on my arse - had to go to AnE to be checked out as id been winded for 3 minutes - spent the next 3 days in serious pain

back

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
No-one can match me on this i am stupid accident king!!!
When I was 10 i ended up in hoispital because i decided to tightrope walk a barbed wire fence...
half way across it snapped and wrapped round my legs cutting them quite badly
when i was a little bit older i made my own death slide with a length of washing line. when i jumped out of the tree 40ft up in the air i plummeted 30 ft straight down (forgot to take up tension)
before shooting forward at about 100mph into the tree i had tied the other end too ooooops
I really am accident prone but thiinking about it I cause all the problems myself ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Captain_Hi_TopBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
this one aint to bad but yesterday i sliced my left thumb on a drill chuck and now i cant roll jiggy with the plaster on -life is tough

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw
a revolver at him?

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
ooo tailbone injuries man... I dived on a sofa unbeknowst to me it was quite worn down so I whacked my tailbone on the strut in the middle... yeowch

Penguin SvenSILVER Member
185 posts

Posted:
Friend was leaning his head out the window on a high way. His hand pressed th power window button, he got stuck choking in the window.

haleriuos...but lucky he didn't get cotapitated by some other car coming the other way

"glow bugs, to slow to resist eating, to bitter to eat more than one handfull in a sitting" toothpaste for dinner

Page: