Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Afternoon telly will never be the same again frown

He was only 61...thats scary, its the same age as my parents

stavvyGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
oh my god i live like a hermit richard whiteley is dead know whos gonna keep carol vorderman in line she will take over the world with that logical brain she must be stopped time to get out the book of the dead again (dam it my mum told me never to raise the dead again after what happend last time but its my only last resort).

P.S. i will miss countdown having been a student for so so long
frown

RIP richard you will be missed (and why the ferret quote on the obituary he did a lot more than get attacked by furry animals).

stu - the most intelligent (ameoba) in the world

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
god do we know what he died of? im not usedta tv ppl i know dying, theyre usually old enough to be before my time really...well except the last of the summer wine guy and seth off emmerdale. aww he was a cool geezer was richard whitely frown

just a crazee daisy living in a crazy world

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
that sucks...he was sound frown

just a crazee daisy living in a crazy world

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I'm genuinely shocked- poor chap- terrible dress sense but a nice guy all the same.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I hope he gets buried with his most hideous tie, you can hear the laughter from beyond the grave.

A seemingly genuinely lovely man who brightened the afternoons of old people and students throughout the country. Gone, but his puns will live forever.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
countdown cannot continue without him

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
i woke u to the news reports and i thought i was dreaming, it just feels so surreal not to have him around. who will provide us with horridly bad puns now... its the end of an era ubbcrying

youre right squareedge, there is however 1 person i feel might be able to take his seat, Sandy Toksvig

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
no! her place is in dictionary corner and THERE SHE SHALL STAY!

761 posts

Posted:
where will; carole vordeman live without countdown?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

SpiderbabySILVER Member
c",
199 posts

Posted:
Written by: doctor_fandango

horridly bad puns

His puns wer'nt all bad. I remember a cool one. One contestant was a baker so he said to the contestant "so would you be a master-baker"

Nobody got it in the show but i laughed my ass off, i just could'nt believe it.

R.I.P frown

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
frown shocker for me too... i expected him an carroll to still be givin it with the banter till they were both on zimmer frames or even till channel 4 invented cyborg body suits to prolong their lives with....

so what happens now? is channel four suddenly going to switch off and vanish into the oblivion of that rainbow TV black hole? or has whitely already been put on ice in anticipation of his technologically aided second coming, the single thought of which keeps the channel going? or has stu just added him to the ranks of his secret undead army? umm

either way thoughts go to carrol an his family, fans etc... hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
O no,.... thats really sad, even tho im not a student i still had a lot for love for that show! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Oh no!!

This is very sad frown

Poor Carol.

Getting to the other side smile

761 posts

Posted:
oh my word..

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4276674.stm

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i know.
don't.
it makes me sick.
HE IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE WHITELEY!
also, he has a horrid moustache and has sex. richard never had sex. ever.

(in my pub, theres a wall of dead people - it started with a picture of john peel cut from the newspaper, now he's been joined by the late pope and richard. i like to look at him smiling down on me whilst i sup my hoegaarden and slate the barstaff)