Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Finished HOP Poi Lessons... What Now?

Login/Join to Participate

Jastapus
Jastapus

Total posts: 39
Posted:Good day,
Ive been spinning for about 6months and i can now do everythin on the poi lessons plus more, i.e, buzzsaw, flowers and some of my own combinations.

But now i feel kind of stuck! are there any other main moves to be learned. If so what are they and any descriptions would be helpful.

thanx
Jastapus

Cogito Ergo Sum

Delete Topic

Beth
Beth

Miss Whippy
Total posts: 1262
Posted:hmm.... just try to get everything you can already do forwards and reverse solidly. erm............. try getting all your turns to the left and to the right, then move onto more advanced stuff like contact poi or hyperloops/isolations, atomics, anti spin. there are plenty of threads about all these things on hop and they're pretty easy to find and have good descriptions if not videos.

wave

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Delete

Jastapus
Jastapus

Posted:Thankie muchly Beth. Ive already got everything forward and backwards and turns, supose i should accept my fate and get to learning the rest....... but its so hard!!!! However I shall

Thanks
Jastapus

Cogito Ergo Sum

Delete

bender
still can't believe it's not butter
Total posts: 6979
Posted:Take up staff.
it's graceful and makes you look more appealing.
i have less pimple when i twirl doubles.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

Mr_Chutney
Mr_Chutney

Tosser
Total posts: 1711
Posted:Tangles, throws and isolations. you've barely started wink

Delete

Jastapus
Jastapus

Posted:gdgd, im looking forward to getting started..... when the weather improves. thankie for all ur help.
Bender, i do spin staff aswell but ive got so into my poi lately ive practically stopped, but i have got some great pictures with my staff.

again thanx
Jastapus

Cogito Ergo Sum

Delete

Dragon7
Dragon7

addict
Total posts: 625
Posted:If you have nailed everything in the hop lessons either check out the videos section, or check these guys out here You will need to find the tutorials. The link never goes there, it always goes to the home page, but there is some nice advanced stuff.

I think you can find the tutorials down the left hand side near the bottom.

peace

Delete