Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Finished HOP Poi Lessons... What Now?

Login/Join to Participate

JastapusBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
Good day,
Ive been spinning for about 6months and i can now do everythin on the poi lessons plus more, i.e, buzzsaw, flowers and some of my own combinations.

But now i feel kind of stuck! are there any other main moves to be learned. If so what are they and any descriptions would be helpful.

thanx
Jastapus

Cogito Ergo Sum

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
hmm.... just try to get everything you can already do forwards and reverse solidly. erm............. try getting all your turns to the left and to the right, then move onto more advanced stuff like contact poi or hyperloops/isolations, atomics, anti spin. there are plenty of threads about all these things on hop and they're pretty easy to find and have good descriptions if not videos.

wave

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

JastapusBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
Thankie muchly Beth. Ive already got everything forward and backwards and turns, supose i should accept my fate and get to learning the rest....... but its so hard!!!! However I shall

Thanks
Jastapus

Cogito Ergo Sum

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Take up staff.
it's graceful and makes you look more appealing.
i have less pimple when i twirl doubles.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Tangles, throws and isolations. you've barely started wink

JastapusBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
gdgd, im looking forward to getting started..... when the weather improves. thankie for all ur help.
Bender, i do spin staff aswell but ive got so into my poi lately ive practically stopped, but i have got some great pictures with my staff.

again thanx
Jastapus

Cogito Ergo Sum

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
If you have nailed everything in the hop lessons either check out the videos section, or check these guys out here You will need to find the tutorials. The link never goes there, it always goes to the home page, but there is some nice advanced stuff.

I think you can find the tutorials down the left hand side near the bottom.

peace