Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > poi and whip workshops; Arashi in Europe July/August

Login/Join to Participate

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
Thanks to the wonderful Bluecat hug, I will be all over Europe for several weeks, and I would love to do as many workshops as possible while I am there. If anyone is interested please let me know a.s.a.p. so I can arrange a schedule and try to find out how to get to them. If I can get enough people interested I can get a eurail pass or something so I could get anywhere for not very much money. IOW private lessons could even be feasible. This is more about meeting people and teaching for me, so I would make the trip to your town if it could at least cover traveling expenses. I suppose the going rate would be 15 each for a 3-4 hour class, but I do sliding scale.

Well I know none of you has seen me spin. So I realise this is a bit outlandish. But I suppose I could list my credentials... I have been spinning chains (poi) avidly for about 9 years, and playing with whips for about 10. I've also been into performance art since I was a wee lad, studying mostly physical movement, mask dancing, and puppetry. I have been dancing for fun (a style some could call liquid, very close to belly dance) for about 12 years, and have been avidly studying tribal belly dance for several years. I have also been through a lot of physical therapy and studied yoga due to some spinal injuries, and I bring that knowledge to the table with my instruction. I am a career perfomer and have been flown all over the country to do shows for several years. I am in a belly dance troupe from Texas which I am honored to be involved in.

As a teacher i would say my emphasis is on technical refinement, dance and artistic integrity. Anyone interested in a professional career as a fire dancer or even taking their hobby to greater depth would be guaranteed to learn a lot. In fact if I can't leave you with several years of work then I guarantee your money back and reccomend that you should be working for cirque du soleil... or at least let me fly you to the U.S. for performances biggrin

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
woot, if i were both european and had a daighter, i'd warn her sternly of the oncoming Arashi.
have a fun old time, olde chap!1
bill

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
fancy a stop over to oz on your way home?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
i'm a goooooood boy ubbangel

oz... YES!!! how about in that fall though when flights are cheaper?

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
sounds very cool biggrin so when u say fall would that by any chance be near to the start of october? as we will be having a big fri-sat-sun-mon gathering in ademalaide with much workshoppy goodness [Old link] (you dont have to read all 400 + posts all the important details are in the first 2 posts)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
looks very fun... i have a major show booked for fri. the 30th of september, and will be doing stuff throughout october, but i may be able to come for a little jaunt. keep me updated...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Man... I wish i could catch a hug whilst the beautiful arashi whom i certainly miss is in europe... not sur it will work though;;;

but to everyone interested, man oh man do i recommend meeting with hiim and sharing his energy and knowledge and beautiful firedancing and madness... smile hug

shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
frown
heart

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
hug ubblove hug

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hmm.

would you come to edinburgh?
i think we've a workshop you could be quite useful for...?

ubbangel

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
biggrin oh i'm coming... problem is i'm "stuck" in Europe until the 10th of august with nothing to do and nowhere to go redface that's the earliest flight i could get out.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
*bump*

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
oh come to oz please

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
the only solid plans i have so far are uberpoi, falmouth, maybe london, and a couple workshops in germany.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
[Old link]