Page: 12
Skulduggery
Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
Total posts: 8428
Posted:After the success of the invasion of Ireland I thought I would put an idea forward that was talked about a bit on the weekend.

The idea is that we pick a country to invade each year or maybe we could make it a couple a year depending on how busy everyone is. To this end, I have kind of volunteered to arrange an invasion of Wales in the near future. What I need to know from people is what they would like there to be on this invasion.

Wales has lots to offer so narrowing it down a bit would help me to formulate some kind of plan. Thanks for any input. It will all help. biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete Topic

Skulduggery
Skulduggery

Posted:How does September friday 9th throught to the 12th sound to people as Invasion dates?

I may have found us a farmer thats on the Gower that will rent us a field for the 4 days. She is a relative of someone I work with. As yet haven't heard back about if they will let us or how much it will cost. They are on the tip of the gower at Llangennith. Buses do go there from Swansea but I'm told the Farm is about a 1 1/2 mile walk from the bus stop.

I'll keep looking for options and keep you posted so you can choose which one you want to do. biggrin

Delete

Gayle......!
Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2444
Posted:Sounds great Skully with no clash on the Bristol Juggling Convention.....

Gayle.....!

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
Total posts: 4145
Posted:Yay sounds cool... got to be on conference 8th + 9th, so I'll definitely need a break after that biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

strugz
strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3964
Posted:works for me skully smile

Uphill though.......... frown wink

But saying that - this time the ubervan will be coming biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Cloudscape
Cloudscape

Total posts: 62
Posted:Sounds good scully - we'll have to organise a retaliatory invading force from Ireland!

Remember what the doormouse said

Delete

Dr_Molly
Dr_Molly

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2354
Posted:Ooo I'll have just got back from a conference in Germany - sounds great to me smile

Thank you for being so organised Skully, you're cowin lush you are wink hug (did I spell it right?)

Delete

Skulduggery
Skulduggery

Posted:ubblol Yes hun you spelt it right..... Your basteringly cowin lush you are! ubblol

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
Total posts: 4145
Posted:cowjuice is lush? yup, but only with chocolate ice cream. or strawberry. or both. I want a milkshake smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

tainted
tainted

addict
Total posts: 422
Posted:Ooooooooooooooooooooo more invading count me in (Mmmmm as an invader this time not a defender.....although if its in wales does the fact im half welsh make me a half defender?????) ubbloco

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

Delete

Dr_Molly
Dr_Molly

Pooh-Bah
Posted:Birgit you be quiet about the cowjuice right now you hear? Bad Birgit. We'll have none of that moo talk round here. It isn't safe.

Basteringly Skully? Does that involve a turkey baster? umm :ewwwww:

Delete

Skulduggery
Skulduggery

Posted:I have no idea what it means babe. There used to be a woman where I worked that when she was very very excited about something or thought it was the dogs bollox she would call it basteringly cowin lush...... such as "That Johnny Depp is basteringly cowin lush!" She also used to call things fucktastic..... but we won't go into that ubblol

Ooooooops way off topic!

Back on track
I'm find it hard to find a campsite on the Gower willing to take a bunch of spinners. They keep telling me that they are "family sites" that only cater for family groups not large groups of adults. I tried explaining to one campsite owner that we were all children at heart... I think that only made it worse. I'm still waiting on info on the farm feild though so its not all lost yet.

Delete

Skulduggery
Skulduggery

Posted:Ok today I was told by the person at work that the Farm feild is already booked that weekend by the local Church childrens worship group.......... I kind of now think that maybe I'll give up on the farm as going from Christian worship groups to loonie spinners might be too much of a shock to the owners.

I'm going to try and get us another campsite. Don't hold your breathes it might still all go pear shaped.

If this all fails for this year I'll book up early for something next summer. If thats the case how about on the 9th-12th sept we do some kind of invasion of a City......in England maybe..... some where with an airport and fairly central.... Manchester?? Is there any of those cheapie hotels that allows you to rent by the room rather than the person? If there is we could squeeze a whole load of us into a few rooms and keep the costs down........well its just an idea incase I can't find any campsites crazy enough to take us.

After I get back from Womad this weekend I'll ring around all the campsites I can find in the Swansea/gower/cardiff area. I'll keep you posted.

Delete

linden rathen
linden rathen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 6942
Posted:woot smile go skully smile yay for your uber organisation and dedication smile

so long as i have funding ill try n make it

back

Delete

Igirisujin
Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2666
Posted:hehe, hope all goes to plan this sounds fun ^_^ I must get a job and practise spinning for september then!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

linden rathen
linden rathen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:you must

or you will beaten with poi tongue

back

Delete

Dr_Molly
Dr_Molly

Pooh-Bah
Posted:I don't get back from my conference until the 12th now frown

On the up side though I do get to go to Germany by sleeper train smile

Delete

linden rathen
linden rathen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:i dont have to get to uni till about the 25th of sept so i can make it biggrin

back

Delete

Igirisujin
Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:*Bump*

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

linden rathen
linden rathen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:*bump bump

back

Delete

Igirisujin
Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:lol our bumps arnt working

Delete

Page: 12