Page: ......
ilovethefireSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
hey guys are there any of you in or around oxford, that meet up. I havent found many places where people spin in groups yet, think it would be reall cool. cool

if any one has info on whereabouts or if we could start one up may be. there are enough parks in oxford to spin in.
thanks

spin4ever
weavesmiley

May we4ever spin4ever

littlecatkinGOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
I can't make this weeked, any plans for any other times too? (am i missing out on anything?!)

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Current things I know about definately on regulally in oxford:

Uni Juggline Society : Mondays 4:45 till whenever the last person gets bored. location : university parks by the keble gate (alt when weather bad, but new location not found yet)

I'm in the uni parks a lot after 6 in this lovely weather.

East Oxford Comunity Centre (not sure of group name?), upstairs in the centre (short walk up cowley road heading out of town from the plain roundabout, it's on the left, by 'the corridor' bar) , or in this lovely weather I was told they will be in the angel and greyhound park, under magdalen bridge (entrance via the car park behind angel and greyhound pub) from wed 14th june.

unconfirmed possiblity of sunday 8pm meetings in southparks I'll try check this out tonight.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Do you have to be a student to go to the Uni Juggling Society?

I *think* the East Oxford Community Centre group is called the Cowley Road Jugglers, but I'm really not sure.

Is it definitely gonna be in the park this Wednesday?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
juggsoc - be a student, nope, I'm not smile there are some others that come allong that aren't too.

and mico had said the angel parks this wednesday, yup. if for some unknown reason there's no-one there it's a really short walk to the comunity centre anyway smile

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Cool smile

I heard someone saying that when it's in the park, it gets going at 7 instead of 8. Can anyone confirm that?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I'd be happy be be there from 7 if you want.

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
*remembers* I'm at work till 7.30 this Wednesday frown

But I'll be along after that smile

Oh yeah, and did you find anything at Southparks tonight?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I didn't get down to southparks this weekend in the end, sorry, I definately will next weekend, much as I'd love to pop down to birmingham again I'll save the fuel funds for PLAY instead smile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
*cough* *or Swindon* *cough*

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Swindon? with that traffic system? yeaarrggg smile

I'd like to propose this saterday or sunday then at southparks, from 8 at the earliest till whenever ppl get bored , obviously it's most fun when it's dark smile

It would be nice to meet some Oxfordshire spinners, maybe learn some new things to practice for a few days too, the weekend before play smile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
haha its not that bad - or get the train. Its only just round the corner from the station. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
You're going to PLAY? *jealous*

I so want to get to some of these spinning meet-ups but I've got residentials and all sorts going on at work, which is proving really restrictive. Grr!

littlecatkinGOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Yakumo

and mico had said the angel parks this wednesday,

what time?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
the club normally starts at 8 on wednesday as said in the post a few above, i'll PM mico to see if the rumour of the 7 start was true. I probably wont be there till 8.30-9ish now.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
oops, that park closes at 9 and the weather was too damn for the jugglers, so it was at the centre, and will be next week too.

no one intersted inmeeting at southparks this weekend then? it's gone dead quiet again..

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:

Well you're right. It's the last weekend before PLAY!

ubbrollsmile

I'll be up for meeting at somepoint, maybe university
parks though? I'll pm my mobile.

weavesmiley

~peace is a fire~

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I'll be in Oxofrd Sunday evening s if anything is going on can someone post it up here so i know. xxx

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
well it sounds like sunday would be ideal, as eithers good with me, but vixen would be about too then, if that's cool with mico, would be good to get some more down too.

the uni parks are a 5 minute walk from me, but I sugested southparks as they don't close at 9.30 (or at all? i don't know, certainly seen people in there very late wink )

it depends what people want to do really, I certainly wouldn't be tying to spin fire at any time in the uni parks the officials would go mental, I've already been told off for "twiddling my things on the cricket pitch" lol
EDITED_BY: Yakumo (1150378484)

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
We've spun fire in Southparks before and no one has said anything. Guess its worth finding out tho.

Dont change the date to fit me in, if its better for everyone to do it another day then its ok. I cant promise that i'll be there. xxx

ilovethefireSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
we're ive spun at south parks loads as well, nobody cares about fire, its all good.
really good place to spin, open and accessible for loads of people to get to is
wink

What time are you guys meeting on sundays i've missed some posts, can't find it... but am being kinda lazy

may we4ever spin4ever

May we4ever spin4ever

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:
Sunday - Southparks - sounds cool to me.

Sunset is at 9.24pm, but I'd prefer an earlier start.

Weather is forcast HOT weavesmiley

~peace is a fire~

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
That was my question really smile

Yeah, I didn't think fire in southparks would be a prob, it was the uni parks I knew were a no-no, and they close before it would be dark enough to be any fun anyway.

anytime people would like to meet really.

From 8pm, southparks, as a tentative first suggestion to get the ball rolling? as way, waay back in this thread people have done that before (years ago)

I hope mico checks back in though, as he seemed more intersted in the uni parks, they close so early we could do both tho if people are up for a full evening thing smile

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
As soon as i get back home from Uni for the summer you have a meet! This is a conspiracy.

Vix, are you going to Play? you better be! x

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
You know shortly after I joined the uni club, I drove all the way to birmingham to meet some more spinners..

they asked about the poi'ers in the uni club (I hadn't been to the East Ox club at tht point) and I said there didn't seem to be many really good poi people, mostly jugglers/staff.

and the reply was, in unison

"but you have BETH!" smile

will be nice to meet you some time, it seems your ledgendary

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
heh, mico you replied as I was writing mine.

I'd like to see your rope dart. I've got jet li's shaolin temple DVD that has the chinese rope dart champ of the time on it which is impressive if you'd like to borrow it, unfortunately short clip though.

8 start? bring anyone and any toys you can? smile

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:

So 8 it is. I'll ring around for extra peeps. It should be
pointed out (for first timers) that if everyone has met at
the top of southparks, then the park can look empty form
the road at the bottom.

See you then. I'll try and remember the Col4 dvd too.

weavesmiley

~peace is a fire~

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Beth: I'll be there - woooooooooo!!!!! We can party like its 1999! xxx

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Southparks - is that the one under Magdalen Bridge? Or is it the one kind of across from St Giles and maybe a bit near the Department of Experimental Psychology?
Or is it a whole different park?

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:
It's a whole different park.

From Magdalen bridge go up headington (london?) road
instead of cowley road or ifley road, it's not far,
and its BIG weavesmiley

~peace is a fire~

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Yakumo - seriously? Aww brummy spinners are nice! who did you meet?

South Parks is the easiest park to find in the world! You basically find Magdalen bridge and walk away from town towards Brookes Uni and Headington, up St Clements road smile Then its the gigantic park on your right.

Vix - Hell yeah, seems like aaaages since Swindon (coz you werent at Falmouth, loser tongue), can't wait to see people again!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Page: ......