Page: ...
ilovethefireSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
hey guys are there any of you in or around oxford, that meet up. I havent found many places where people spin in groups yet, think it would be reall cool. cool

if any one has info on whereabouts or if we could start one up may be. there are enough parks in oxford to spin in.
thanks

spin4ever
weavesmiley

May we4ever spin4ever

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Just woke up 30 min ago,I found your old no. I think I'll try txt'ing that in a min, I made it home at 4am last night after travel problems in London frown

I can't drive atm, need to re-tax the car, but I'd love to meet up whenever your free hug

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, im back in oxford on Wednesday 10th so a trip to the cowley juggling club is looking likely. Whos up for it?

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
meeeeeeee

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
What time does it start? I know you've told me about a thousand times but I forgot to remember it smile I shall be bringing a friend who can sort of juggle so be nice to him biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
8pm, or 7.45 the day before if you want to try karate tongue

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
ha! karate? Me? No ta, tai chi is enough for me smile

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
soo nice to see Mico at the cowley club on wednesday, and drag Beth to it at last biggrin

Can't help but wonder what's happened to K__ though.

The Oxford Uni club starts again this Monday (15/01/07) back at the Wesley Memorial Church Hall on New Inn Hall Street.

The wed night club at the east Oxford community centre is back on as of a couple of weeks ago (it was only closed on the 27th).

OBJECTS the Oxford Brookes club starts again...not sure yet, I'll edit this post when Beth lets me know

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Quick edit to Yakumo's port, the oxford brookes club isnt called OBJECTS, that was the previous one that stopped running. The one now is just Oxford Brookes Circus Society. I'm not sure when it will be running because I have lectures til 8 on mondays and tuesdays and tai chi on a thursday so my only free evenings are wednesday and friday, friday is student party night and wednesday is the cowley club. I shall let you know

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
I haven't disappeared off the radar completely... Really sorry I missed mico last week frown

I won't be around tonight because I have to work, but all being well I will be back next week. Assuming I don't have any elbow-related setbacks (having broken it before Christmas), I am pencilling next week in as the start of my return to juggling... I can't wait biggrin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
been really quiet as everyone's been busy, or just meeting offline smile

I got a question about the clubs as the threads so quiet so I thought I'd bump it.

Uni club is still going, and find with non students showing up, Wesley Memorial Church Hall on New Inn Hall Street, Monday from 4.45.

The wed night club at the east Oxford community centre (opposite the corridor bar, corner of princess st and Cowley rd) is from 8pm on Wednesday.

I haven't heard what's happening with the brookes club still, but I'm meeting up with Beth this weekend (and chutney and the bovril monkey smile )

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
... and hyperlight biggrin

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
I'm really disappointed I can't be around for this - but I promised my mum I'd go home for Mothers Day. Hope you all have a great time and hope to see you non-Oxford people at BJC next month biggrin

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Boooo wink hug

I'm not sure if I'll make Nottingham K- maybe Play?

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
oooh did anyone see the fireyness in oxford city centre? lots of flower pots absolutley everywhere filled with paraffin soaked something on fire... a bit vague but did anyone see it? it was sooo booootiful smile

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
And some kind of steam based water pump display, we all went down this evening to have a look, bumped into vixen and hey beau too smile

It was pretty cool, could have done with some spinners wink

'luminox' was the name of the event apparently.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Meh- when you've seen the Fal 3 fireline or the big burn at PLAY, it was never really going to cause much excitement...

The weekend in general however... thats a whole other story smile

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
hug come baaaaaaaaack

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:
Back in April, maybe even get 2 poi nights in...then I'm being
stolen once again by the evil that has bought my soul... eek

hug

~peace is a fire~

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Yakumo- PM me your email so I can send you the Jenga pics smile

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
mic, it's fine, jsut quit your job then you can be arround more often biggrin

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:
You shouldn't joke about things like that.... wink

~peace is a fire~

miss_octanenewbie
2 posts

Posted:
is there still regular meets in and around oxford?
i only know the basics of poi and really want to learn more

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
hi there smile
There's still uni club every monday (not sure if yesterday was the last before break actually...)

the Wednesday club from 8pm upstairs at the east ox community centre is always running (opposite the corridor bar on cowley road).

weekend spins in southparks will start up again soon as the weathers improved, they're irregular as people go to festivals, but they'll be posted about in this thread in advance smile

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
yaaaay southpark meets smile woot! x

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I forgot to say I'm just about always at the Wednesday Cowley club, but I tend to get in quite late (after 9) and quite tired after Karate meditate

Probably from the 27th they'll be from 7 o'clock in the parks behind the angel and greyhound pub instead of at the community centre, as the weather should be nice.

PS Hi stroo wave

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
As the weather's still pretty hit and miss, 27th June will still be in the community centre, but after that the plan is to be in the park smile

FloosoushooSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Angel and Greyhound meadow closes at 9 and won't be dark enough for fire until later, wouldn't South Park be a better option?...

they mostly come at night, mostly.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I've said that several times, and it's where I've always hosted weekend spins (southparks i mean, haven't had any yet this year yet tho, weathers been too unpredictable or I've been at festivals). Other than being sure to see everyone, the tree cover if necessary, and the nearby pub, I'm not sure why the angel and greyhound meadow was chosen, but it's been traditional a long time now for the club.

I'd forgotten we'd moved, turned up at 8.30 at the centre, walked to the park and back again looking for people :/

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
P.S. don't think we've met yet wave Hi

(on HoP anyway, I *think* I know who you are at the club actually smile)

FloosoushooSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Not to mention the awesome play area, fire wing-walking, climbing frame style!

ahh, we turned up in the park late but then went for a fire spin in southpark after an old man kicked us out.

Anyway, i haven't been on this board in about three years, so hello! I'm guessing most people on this thread frequent the lovely community centre on wednesdays...?

they mostly come at night, mostly.

Page: ...