Forums > Social Chat > how strange are you in your sleep?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
kurubai....after your whole dreams post i started thinking about sleepwalking and talking and how utterly wierd the concept is of walking around and speaking eyes dead set ahead like your in a coma.
i have had some wierd incidents. when i was 8, at 3am, i got out of bed, walkied out of my house, down the street, knocked on a randon persons door and asked for some paper. they gave me a huge pile of paper and i trotted off back to bed. i can remeber doing it but i know looking back that i was a zombie.
i also once had to be woken up from frantically shouting , scrambling up a wall shouting' wheres the knife, wheres the knife!'(i never did find it)

i challenge anyone to tell me of wierder experiences. i mean how wierd a kid was I?

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
According to my ex, once when the phone rang i spoke in my sleep... It goes like this to my memory.

(ringing)
ME> "GO!"
EX> "What?"
ME> "MumblemumbleRight-hand-guitarmumblemumble"

Mum has also quoted me saying other bullshit, and once on a camp, I said "I like vegimite", although truthfully, I HATE IT.

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
i abuse ppl in my sleep. not the ppl near me. just ppl.

but once me and my sister and dad were camping and i was told i was driving a car sayin the whole "vroom vroooooom" part, and had my hands up straight and using a pretend steering while, and making the noise of the breaks screeching.

and my b/f can talk to me in my sleep- thinking im awake, and i can answer him and talk to him for a good half hour- but be completly asleep!

weird...

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Cantus says I say random things just before I wake up.

the only one I remember is :

"no. you're in my twenty. you're in my twenty!!!!.....mumblemumble...."

eep!

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I twitch in my sleep.. and grumble and I also sufer from sleep apnia - which means I stop breathing.. I've been told that I can groan for minutes on end. Once my sister came storming into my room at about 4 in the morning.. aparently I woke her up with my noises from across the hall and behind two doors!!

But I have been told nowerdays that I'm not so bad anymore..

I need speell cheque..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
tee heee... its nice everyones good and bizarre... makes me feel a little less... no not weird...but.. hmmm... cant think of the right word..

I've declaired my love for complete strangers (e.g. falling asleep at parties on the floor with 15 other ppl also sleeping mostly, and said stuff like "you're so lovely... mmmm love you..." then made snuggly noises and big sighs of 'happiness'"... that's with or without mates sleeping around me... and that's also without actually seeing anyone for a couple of years.
Actually made some ppl all warm and fuzzy but makes me feel odd when I wake up and realise...

My bf came to bed the other night and apparently I shook him gently on the shoulder and said in a clear and firm voice

"This one's not working..."
BF - "What?"
"All the hydrant's are turned off".
BF - "Huh??"
"mmmblahblahmmmmmumblemumble.."

I was very much into kicking and punching ppl a few years ago while in my sleep. Not just the occasional gentle kick, but I would fully launch myself into it. Much bruises and bumps given to ex boyfriends... no idea what was happening there... that's a good one to have grown out of...

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
my fairy does does talk in her sleep. It's very funny. I really should write it down. And she refuses to believe me when i tell her.

Spiral sews in his sleep. I've seen him. Dizzy Bird talks in hers. Walking Corpse never sleeps - too many substances in his body methinks.

[ 13 October 2002, 16:36: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Yes I sew, talk, sing, grind my teeth, and have conversations with cupboards under stairs about cd collections.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I had forgotten about this one too!

When I was doing my mock exams I ran into shit loads of stress you name it it was flaring...
BF, friends, parents, teachers...

I got TMJS

Dont ask its way too long to write out...

Basically I was talking to my BF lying on his chest. Looked one way and heard a loud POP!
I was like WTF!?!? Was that you?!?!?! As he said it wasnt I sat up and realised that I had intense pain in my jaw and couldnt move my mouth freely...

Dentist said that I had TMJS (he said the full thingy but I cant actually remember it!) and that I had been grinding my teeth for at least 2 hours each night. Turns out you are only supposed to use those muscles 30 minutes a day and apparently I had crafted some massinve knots in my jaw.

I tried to get destressed and chill out eventually it kinda diminished...

I learned how to cure lock jaw though! I give wicked jaw and temple massages now...

Anyone want one?!

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
OK, Pele, just for you I'll chime in...

My history of recurring nightmares and nocturnal wanderings are the stuff of legend. Sure, I talk, sing and lay my soul bare to whomever is listening, but that's knida typical. You name it, I've done it in my sleep...(yes, even that)

But here's a coupla highlights:
* I once walked 10 1/2 miles down the road in my sleep
* I washed my monthly bills a sink full of sudsy water
* I've driven for over an hour unconscious (no accidents)
* I woke up my roommate weilding a bottle of Pantene and proclaimed, "Niki! Look! Shampoo!"
* I went into work, sat at my computer for 20 minutes and then left again
* I've cooked and served entire meals, and I mean REAL cooking, dicing veggies, measuring fluids, using open flames, etc,
* And to top it off, I've washed Pele's dirty dishes

[ 14 October 2002, 19:26: Message edited by: Prometheus ]

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I don't talk in my sleep very often, usually incoherent mumblings. Although some of my strange sleep sayings and actions include

Telling my sister "Don't shuffle my shells Mama" (My brothers fave catchphrase at the time"

On a nightbus to Tokyo turning round to my friend Irene and saying "That'll do Pig, that'll do" (She was a tad insulted!)

Doing the weave in my sleep! When I first started poi I used to have dreams about playing. However according to Kota who woke up because of my arms flying around in my sleep whacking him, I was also laughing like a madman!

I used to dream about snowboarding too! I dread to think how strange that must have looked!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
U guys are great!

Prometheous can I have you stay at my house sometimes?!

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

459 posts

Posted:
Fire me an address, I got vacation time comin'

If I'm a guest, I'll do yer dishes whilst I'm awake. It's just that I happen to be very prone to suggestion when I'm nappin'. People whisper in my ear and I react to it, either in a dreamstate or I get up and start performing tasks. But I must warn you, if I stay the night, I may not be safe...

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
cool, its someone like you who will invent cold fusion in their sleep and wake up the next day as a hero of the world.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Drome - i have the same thing! my dentist says it's stress related.

Loada shitty luck if you ask me I want to be able to eat apples again

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
hey we could get a load of sleep talkers together and see if we could have a coherent conversation! apart from talking to cupboards about cds and the sheer amount of gibberish I rattle out (thought thats probably equal gibberish when I'm awake aswell) I have been known to have quite long coherent conversations. Has anybody had anything really embarrassing happen in their sleep?I once woke up to post-coitus whispers in my ear............... My girlfreind at the time didn't realise..... which I found kinda scary.

459 posts

Posted:
Been there, done that. (so to speak)

The worst thing about post-coital awakening is that 1. you're wet & 2. You missed out on all the fun!!!

I don't embarrass easily, but I did start talking in front of a room full of people at a party before, and they naturally started playing Truth or Dare, with me as the only participant. I still haven't heard the whole story on that one.

I'm waiting to wake up in downtown traffic in my underwear holding an umbrella and a frying pan.

Kez-Schmezmember
30 posts

Posted:
I heard this story a wee while ago...

A guy had passed out one night and all his mates got together and rubbed petrol under his nose, then they doused him in water and all stood around him holding matches and lighters. So when the poor guy woke up he thought he'd been doused in fuel, and they were going to light him on fire!!!
He he ha ha HA HA!

Funny, but also really mean.. he he ha ha HA!

Kez-Schmezmember
30 posts

Posted:
P.S. I make a strange noise with the back of my throat while sleeping. It sounds kind of like an oink!

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:

I'm waiting to wake up in downtown traffic in my underwear holding an umbrella and a frying pan.

yeah I'm waiting for something like that too.

Someone I used to know used to go to the topilet in their sleep. Unfortuneately they never used to remove the shorts they used to sleep in, but they used to make it to the toilet. The worst one I heard about though was someone peeing all over their parents bed, whilst their parents were asleep in it

Page: