Forums > Social Chat > how strange are you in your sleep?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
kurubai....after your whole dreams post i started thinking about sleepwalking and talking and how utterly wierd the concept is of walking around and speaking eyes dead set ahead like your in a coma.
i have had some wierd incidents. when i was 8, at 3am, i got out of bed, walkied out of my house, down the street, knocked on a randon persons door and asked for some paper. they gave me a huge pile of paper and i trotted off back to bed. i can remeber doing it but i know looking back that i was a zombie.
i also once had to be woken up from frantically shouting , scrambling up a wall shouting' wheres the knife, wheres the knife!'(i never did find it)

i challenge anyone to tell me of wierder experiences. i mean how wierd a kid was I?

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Well, mostly I'm as still as a log but sometimes I can shuffle around a bit. I think I'm a very peacefull sleeper.

One of my mates however has had all kind of weird sleep-related experiences, from just babbling stuff in other languages to walking her dog, she's had conversations with dead people fer christ's sake!!! THAT'S pretty weird I'd say!!
Mind you, on saying that, she's just done a Psychology & Neuroscience degree and she is kinda loopy anyway so I dunno if that counts for squat?

Holly - check ur PM's please hon!!!

[ 03 October 2002, 00:21: Message edited by: Kurobei ]

whats up with all the limitations?

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
When i was younger i slept walked into the bathroom at my house and proceeded to trash it, throwing everything on the floor, then flushed the toilet chain and went back to bed. my mum also had friends round that night so i had an audience which was quite embarrassing the next day! I've done loads of weird stuff in my sleep. Over active imagination!

Tatty x

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Dirty Marmite Spider

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I used to be big on kicking and punching those next to me in my sleep when I was little...

Its kinda dissapeared...

When I'm tired, drunk, or have smoked a lot that day (tobacco) I snore.

Yeah yeah so I snore big deal... pixies snore too you know!

Much love Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Dirty Marmite Spider

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
That would be kinda scary, especially if you were kinda staring at someone, they'd turn over to escape but they'd still know you were staring at ther back and it would eat away at them...

unless of course it didn't bother them.

[ 03 October 2002, 00:32: Message edited by: Kurobei ]

whats up with all the limitations?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I have a friend who stands up in her sleep and starts cleaning the house (VERy handy friend )

As for me .. I speak soooo much.
One night I hada friend come over to sleep and in the middle of the night I tunrd on the lights pointed at her and shouted for about 1 minute in german, then turned the lights off and slept on ...

I swear I scared her shitless

Dream on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
When I was little, I was doing some air travel with my family. We had that row of four seats in the middle of the plane, so we could sit together. So I could get some sleep, my parents let me lie out across them with my head on my mums lap and my feet on my dad's. I had a wonderful sleep. My dad didn't. Apparently I spent a long plane flight kicking him rather hard

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Remind me never to get on a plane with you

Naw I talk in my sleep from time to time. Once when I was in Junior high the 007 Golden Eye game had just come out on the 64 and I had played it religoiusly for about 3 weeks. One night I stayed over at a friends house and while he was playing I fell asleep. The next day he was talking about how I helped him through most of the game telling him where people were and what not. I swore up and down that I didnt, all we can figure is that I told him in my sleep!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
ahem. ive got lost in my own house when i was little... i thought i was walking round the living room while half asleep (which i do/did alot) but i was actually in the bathroom. couldnt find the lightswitches, got freaked out, beat my head against the wall for a few minutes looking for a door and then curled up and slept in the linen closet for the rest of the night...

and i dont lie in my sleep but i answer yes/no questions put to me... my parents found out when i was about 10, and theyve known most things ever since

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
Oh and I sleep with my eyes half open too, apparently it's quite common according to my optician but it still freaks all my friends out, they think I look like i'm dead.
Yeah I forgot I do that too. My boyfriend has had whole conversations with me cause he thought I was awake but I was sleeping the whole time...
Its freaks him out too! I only do it sometimes though...

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
maybe perhaps your mind works in hidden layers that only manifest when you're unconcious. Watch fight club 3 times in a row!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
I lucid dream a whole lot and often bring two women into my dreams when that happens. Back in college I was taking a nap on my couch in the dorms and decided that I wanted to have sex with these two ladies in my dream (it's cool b/c you can have an orgasm in your dream without the mess when you wake up). Well, while I was in the act in my dream, my roommate walked in after his class was over. He was trying to be quiet but I'm an extremely light sleeper and woke up partially to where I was still dreaming but aware of him in the room. I started to get worried that I might be moaning with pleasure in reality so I told myself I better wake up and check. I opened my eyes and asked my roommate "Was I making any weird noises or anything just now?" He looked at me weird and said "Nope, sorry for waking you up." I went right back to sleep after that and finished the deed.

When I was a kid, I'd sleepwalk all the time. I've woken up in my mom's car outside, in the bottom of the closet, on the toilet, and upside down with my legs over the back of the couch.

Fear the evil monkey!

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
When I was littler i was wif my mom at her frineds house, and i went to bed, and then she heard banging, and looked over and saw me trying to move like a 500 lb. china cabinet. She then woke me up, and put me back to bed. About half of an hour later she heard bangin' again. This time i was trying to move the grandfather clock. supposedly i used to start snoring at 1 in the morning exactly for awhile as well. Strange thing was at exactly 1:15 I would stop Cass, sprechen sie deutsch. Ich sprechen kleina deutsch.

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
oh, and i forgot to mention, that i sleep so soundly that i actually drool alot in my sleep because, ya, i am so asleep

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I talk in my sleep alot too.
It could be anything from Shakespeare to complete gibberish.
Its possible to have conversations with me while I'm asleep too, apparently.

Raph

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
errrrr right. then that solves my problem. i am completely normal. but i am worried about you cas, if you dont speak german that is.
thanks guys. my mind will rest once and for all after my traumatic childhood. aaaaahhh.
hollyx

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
My friend had the wierdest sleep walking experiance, i was there to see it!

It was a couple of years ago and we were on a camp, and she was sleeping in the top of a bunk bed, she threw herself quite literally of the bed to the floor, started bashing her head against the floor a couple of times, then walked over to a table and slept on the table. When the morning came we asked her what her dream was, and she said she dreampt someone was beating her up!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
My family had gone on vacation to DisneyWorld and Cape Canaveral a week before this event. I forget how old I was, but I was probably younger than 8 or 9.

I had a dream that I was walking down a row of rockets, much like the ones at Cape Canaveral, except in retrospect, the layout of the rows of rockets corresponded exactly to the layout of my house.

I came across a beautiful woman. She had diamonds in her hair and she wore long, flowing robes.

"Hello, Michael," she said.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"If you would just wake up, you would see that I am your mother," she responded.
"But you can't be my mother! You're beautiful!" I exclaimed. (Actually, these were unrelated statements, because I think my mother is quite pretty, but I'm sure it didn't come out quite right...)

In fact, it was, of course, my mother. Oops...

Another time in high school, I went to sleep in my own bed and woke up to notice that there were no sheets...and then I noticed that I was on the sofa in the living room...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

The Brick Layermember
17 posts

Posted:
I sometimes snore in my sleep, which annoys my girlfriend but can soon be remedied by a polite request to turn over or a dig in the ribs.

However, one night my girlfriend asked me to shutup, and I told her that I wasn't snoring, I never snore, and not to make such a big issue about it. She then went off in the huff and went to read a book in the kitchen.

However, all I remember was waking up some twenty minutes later with nobody beside me, and when I went into the kitchen to find her, I got a bit of an earful!

I finally convinced my girl that I was completely asleep, especially when I told her that once when I was young and unwell, the doctor came to the house, gave me full checkup and look over, asked me loads of questions and then I woke up just as he was leaving wondering what the hell had gone on.

So now my girlfriend knows not only am I compus mentus when I am asleep, but I will tell her anything she wants to know....

oh bugger

I don't know what it is thats making you stupid but its working!-----------------------------------I'm away to Morningside for a fish supper-Team Buddies

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
im pretty freaky when i sleep. esp when i was lil.
i used to watch horror movies like crazy. i would actually sleep sprint. i would jus leap up out of bed or off the couch and fly down the hall way right into my mom an dads bed. used to freak them out. as i got older i would wake up like half way down the hallway and jus turn around an go back to bed. also when i lived w/ a friend of mine he says he was doing homework and i was asleep in the room. then he said i sat up really fast and he looked at me and i jus said "thank you my good man!" really loud.

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
quote:
When I was littler i was wif my mom at her frineds house, and i went to bed, and then she heard banging, and looked over and saw me trying to move like a 500 lb. china cabinet. She then woke me up, and put me back to bed. About half of an hour later she heard bangin' again. This time i was trying to move the grandfather clock
i can totally picture some lil kid tryin to do that sleeping.. thats cute i bet your parents had a laugh. maybe you should move furniture for a living..

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
Haha, wow. And I thought that I was wierd. Y'all crack me up.

My freshman year of college, the dorms were overassigned so I got stuck in a tiny room with 3 other girls. To make the best of the situtation, we built a kick arse loft (a platform the raises the beds to within a couple feet from the ceiling so you can walk and live under it). Well, the mattreses were within inches of each other and the 2 girls in the middle would wake up me and the 4th girl cause they would be talking to each other. They would have full blown conversations while both were asleep! I was completely befuddled.

Oh yeah, and one time I dreampt that I kicked my boyfreind in the...let's say, family jewels. I started laughing in my dream and slowly awoke to what sounded like someone groaning. He squeked out something like "why in the hell did you just do that?!" hehe Turns out, I actually had made a swift kick behind me and hit dead on. I felt so bad but I couldn't control my laughter. The next night, he brought a cup to bed with him.

keep on lovin life!
cage

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I'm a pretty calm sleeper but drool a lot. give me a pillow and an empty pool and I'll fill 'er up with a ten minute nap.

I think my top sleep experience had to be falling asleep in a 400-person lecture and giving a nice big snort that caught the attention of half the class. my "friends" thought it was funny and didn't bother to wake me in case I might do it again.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I only fell asleep in lectures once, because after the first time, I didn't want anything like it to happen again - I was sat at the back of the class where it was reasonably dark, and fell forward when I drifted off, headbutting the girl in front of me in the back.
Since I didn't wake up when I did that, she turned round and grabbed all my notes, pens, bag etc... from the desk and at my feet - they were passed all the way down to the front of the lecture theatre, in which my entire year was sat

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
my god, you're GORGEUS!!!
i'm really trying not to wake my parents up... XD
i talk A LOT when i sleep, i remember this one time i was in the same room with a guy of my stunt group and i freaked the shit out of him because i started to speak german, but then he remembered that i do speak german... i think the same night i slapped him, even though he was in another bed... sometime i feel really lucky that i didn't learn my latin too much, i think it would REALLY scare the shit out of most people if i started speaking in latin... like the girl in the exorcist...

with another friend who talks a lot i've had conversations, really funny ones, maybe i should record them...

my girlfriend says that when i snore and she tells me, i turn around and kiss her, or sometimes i just turn around and kiss her in the middle of the night...

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
You guys have nothing on the freaky going ons while I'm asleep. From the ages of about 6 till I was about 10 years old, about 4 nights a week I would wake up my parents with the most blood curdling screams from my room. They would run into my bedroom to find me curled up somewhere in my room watching invisible things scamper around the floor up the walls and over the ceiling, I would shriek away from the invisble 'creatures' and scream almost constantly sometimes dodging around to 'escape' what it was. I was inconsolible for about 45 minutes, nothing would calm me down. My mum just used to hold me in her arms till I had calmed down and fallen back to sleep. I have no recollection of this, my parents only told me long after it stopped happening cause they didnt want to scare me too much. I would have my eyes open but not see my parents, I would have no awareness of anything in the real world. My dad thought I was some daemon child or something and it used to freak the living fuck out of him. It scares me now because I have started to slowly remember the emotions that I felt, they are ones of pure terror but my mind wont let me recall what was causing this terror, its as if there is a block in my mind and it wont let me go past it.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hehehe these are sooo funny (most of em anyways xoxoxox Byron)

I used to sleep in a bunk bed, top bunk, and fall out without fail everynight, some metre and a half to the floor. Apparently most nights id take a blanket or pillow wiht me and not wake up...

I used to wiggle so much when i got a real bed, that soemtimes i'd wake up in the morning, and i'd be tucked into a little corner UNDER the bed...

One bad habit i had, was sitting bolt upright upon waking. Cept one time, i slept in a bed with an empty bookshelf at the top, wiggled up into it in my sleep, alarm went off, and i sat bolt upright.... Into the very hard plank of wood! knocked myself out... havent done it since `

Currently on the right side up of the world.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
*Looking around for Prometheus in this one*
He has some good stories for this thread!

Sometimes I talk. Sometimes I sing. I used to walk. And when I was 9 I had to share a hotel bed with my sister. In the middle of the night I started beating the crap out of her and yelling at her in a foreign language that I didn't speak.
She had the bruises a long time, and her deep seeded fear if me exsists to this day! (not a bad thing in her case ) The older I get, the less busy I am in my sleep.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
there's more to it than observation...
many just dismiss this extremely common phenomenon after the observation.
an opportunity lost, every time!
it is exactly the kind of individual that questions what their mind has perceived who undertake this work! it is the hidden work of our minds that they seek to understand. hidden, being esoteric
I used to be a strictly science person, dismissing unfathomable dreams as 'random thoughts' and there being nothing outside the physical life, but seeing freaky shit all my life caused too many cracks in that simple picture - in the end, Eastern spirituality and esotericism explains soo much of my life that science left in the 'too hard basket!'
Besides, if the Conciousness only one of the few things i get to carry onto the next physical life, i'd better work on it today, hey?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Page: