Page: ...
ilovethefireSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
hey guys are there any of you in or around oxford, that meet up. I havent found many places where people spin in groups yet, think it would be reall cool. cool

if any one has info on whereabouts or if we could start one up may be. there are enough parks in oxford to spin in.
thanks

spin4ever
weavesmiley

May we4ever spin4ever

practikalmagiknewbie
18 posts

Posted:
Hi random newbie here. I'm off to uni in Brookes at the end of the month and I was looking for any guys I could spin with. I'm a relative beginner but it's more for the fun yeah? Any info greatly appreciated.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I'm off to uni in brookes as well, in 2 weeks! Theres regular meets, not sure when they are, all info is in this thread somewhere.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

practikalmagiknewbie
18 posts

Posted:
yey! Do you know which campus you're on yet? I've had so much trouble with accomodation placement *will be the one living in a cardboard box making money with amatuer spinning on the weekends* Lol.

I was hoping someone could give a definate date/time/place?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
13th March, 14:38, Arizona.

well...It is A definate date/time/place... may not be the one you need wink

hug

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Dont bully the newbies Jon!!!

I think the next Oxford meet is next sunday at around 8... altho its gona be starting to get dark then so not sure if people want to make it any earlier?

Stroo - i love you! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

practikalmagiknewbie
18 posts

Posted:
Lol cheeky sod!

Typical, thats the week before myself (and I assume Beth) will be down. Ah well, I'll keep checking and catch the next one!

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
ah noway! apparently this one's gunna be a biggun! canee wait. theres a poi thing in ab this fri too! yay! a whole weekend of poi!

chris - are you easy to find at the place in ab?
Vix - love you too cutie smile

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
yeah i'm not going until the 17th. But the weekend after is bristol so i can handle missing an oxford meet!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I will get in touch with Minimaniac and see if hes keen for going this weekend... what time you guys all meeting? You making it earlier than 8 so people that want to learn stuff arent spinning in the dark? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

53 posts

Posted:
hey guys
yeah stef.. and every one else who wants to shimmy down, the new place for abingdon folk, spinners, is really easy to find.

The Nags Head pub, on the bridge.
down the small stone steps
carry on for 2 fields, look for people in a group!!!

yeah we can make it earlier if pple want to learn stuff, thats cool. do we think 7.45 will be good enough, i cant really remember when it gets dark nowa days???

make sure u all tell every one.

the oxford meet, as far as i know is sun 11th South Parks, right in the middle.

so u 2 going to brookes, it couldnt really be any closer for u smile always good.

see u all fri 8th 7.45 in the second field along

Chris 07745545759
may we4ever spin 4ever

May we4ever spin4ever

Anna-panannaThinking...
179 posts

Posted:
I'm moving to Oxford next month, so will try and shimmy on down to some of these meets one day... Good to see there's a lively spinning community in Oxford given that I'm gunna be spending the best part of the next 3 years there!

Ax smile

Practice as if your hair was on fire...

practikalmagiknewbie
18 posts

Posted:
Anna are you off to Uni too?

*waves the OFF TOPIC flag around merrily*

Anna-panannaThinking...
179 posts

Posted:
Yes, I am indeed. Not Brookes though...the other oxford uni eek umm ubblol

practikalmagiknewbie
18 posts

Posted:
Lol well nice to know we're not the only students around here. I'm sure we'll catch you around anyway!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
could you not make the oxford meet the week after, the 18th, coz then i'll be there! biggrin

practikalmagiknewbie
18 posts

Posted:
Seconding Beth ^_^ You know you want Brookes Freshers crashing the fun!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I dont see why there cant be more than one meet a month (Weather permitting) xxx

practikalmagiknewbie
18 posts

Posted:
That's an even better idea lol, fortnightly would be rather cool!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*

im bumping this coz now i'm in oxford i am thoroughly devoid of spinners all of a sudden.

thank god for BrJC, how could we live with out it smile

everyone who isnt there already, come to bristol!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Your there... wow... I remember being at Falmouth talking about it and it seemed ages away! You found anything exciting there yet? Make sure you go to Brothers in the covered market for nachos! xxx

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
i got here on saturday, just finished enrolling and got my internet thingy sorted. woo! just need to get my NUS card but theres a huge queue so i cant be bothered.

Havent found many exciting things yet, havent really had a chance to go into oxford, will do tomorrow tho, and ill remember that about the nachos smile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Where abouts are you based and staying? xxx

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
im in cheney student village in headington, not far from south parks.

Anna-panannaThinking...
179 posts

Posted:
ooh nachos, I've eaten far too many of them tonight...and now i have a tummy ache!!!

IcyFireBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
Hey, im off to brookes next year, after my gap year, so its gd to see there are other people who do poi in the area. hope your meet ups are still going by the time i get there. smile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I can assure you they will be bigger and better than ever!!!

Anna - piggy!!!
Beth - Thats good coz your not gona be so far from where the meets are, yay! xxx

53 posts

Posted:
hey guys how we doing? All good i hope smile

Shall we have a big meet up next week, we could meet in abingdon in the normal place on fri, 30th 7.30

I reckon we should get loads and loads of pple down for this one, make it huugggee. or we could do it in south parks. We could do it on the sun 2nd Oct

Hopefully it wont rain at all this year through the winter so we can carry onall through the yr... We're in England, what chance of that do we have?
so we should make that most of it, when its not pissin it down, wioth rain every.

Please leave a message about a meet next week.

May we4ever spin4ever

Extra:
If any one wants custom made

Fire:
Poi
Staff
Devils
SKipping ropes
Or any thing else they can think of i can make.

Then please either PM me, txt me 07745545759, or leave a message.

Thanks

May we4ever spin4ever

_SkwaiR_newbie
13 posts

Posted:
cool, these things happen in abingdon? thats where i am. but will be back at uni by then, dammit!

We Are The Youth Gone Wild!!!!!!

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
skwair? as in skwair skwair? longish dark hair...hangs around with bob skwair?...or a different skwair?

chris! well up for abingdon next fri (i'll b late tho as usual). South parks is happening the sunday after the sunday the 2nd i think? as far as i know anyhoo.

hugs

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

_SkwaiR_newbie
13 posts

Posted:
thats the skwair....except the bob bit. but yup, tis me smile

We Are The Youth Gone Wild!!!!!!

Page: ...