Page: ......
ilovethefireSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
hey guys are there any of you in or around oxford, that meet up. I havent found many places where people spin in groups yet, think it would be reall cool. cool

if any one has info on whereabouts or if we could start one up may be. there are enough parks in oxford to spin in.
thanks

spin4ever
weavesmiley

May we4ever spin4ever

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Beth - seriously smile I was hoping i'd bump into you at the uni club soon to relay that for a giggle smile

K__ : https://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?c...lang=&db=GB

it's the big white bit (green if u click for arial view) to the left of morel avenu as you head away from town. there are a couple of entrances I think, but the one I know is by the on morel av/ shortly after the st. clements junction.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
ta ctrl-v, i wouldn't have known the usernames smile

are any of you going to play btw?

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Yakumo, mico and Beth - thanks, I know where I'm going now smile

Not sure if I can make it yet but I'll see how it goes...

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
haha cheers love! Guess that means ive got a meet to make up for - that means more spinning, more kissing, and more nakedness! wooo! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

littlecatkinGOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
Drat, i've got to go to a blooming meeting then, well at least I've met Y. I'll hope to meet the rest of you at some point too.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
7 jugglers and 7 voyeurs, was fun smile

fiery devil sticker, juggling torches, poi, staf, lots of glowy stuff too smile

couple of other groups were nearby with fires, so I might risk that another time, only maybe.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
oh mico, k__'s corrected my misapprehension that you were the organiser of the juggling club, lol.

it now makes more sense you weren't taking any money off me tongue

see you at play smile sorry you coulnd't make it today

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:
Yes, you did seem overly keen to give me money, and overly
charmed that I wasn't taking any! After another month I
might have figured it out, lol. The organiser & bill payer
is Malcolm (with beard and bag full of toys.) rolleyes

I'm glad you had a good turn out on Sunday, I felt quite
bad when I realized I was going to miss it, as I felt
partly resposible for it happening. (Which would have been
much worse if I WAS the organiser of the juggling club!)
eek

Looking forward to seeing peeps at Play, only 3 days to go!
And if anyone wants a last minute practice, we'll still be juggling
this wednesday. juggle
weavesmiley

~peace is a fire~

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I did drive by last night but couldnt see anyone - sorry i didnt make it. Hope you all had a great time and i'll be seeing those who are going at play! wooo! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

bellsspinningmember
79 posts

Posted:
hey peeps
i am from australia and in 5 weeks i am comin and staying in oxford for 5 weeks YAY im really excited and would love it if i am able to catch up with some people and have a spin it would be great any of the days im not fused ill be over there from the 26th of july til the 2 of sept cant wait to see you all
belle x o x o

look inside yourself for YOUR answers

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Mico - I don't think Malcolm's ever said a word to me, lol, at least I know now smile

bellspinning I'm sure ppl will sort you out smile I'm not back in the UK till the 31st..

I definately want to do it again, soon, southparks was a great venu, only change I'd make would be to make it on a Saterday, I have some friends in Coventry ('Dott' on HoP being one of them =) known by most oxford clubs) who'd like to come down but can't if they have to get to work the next day.

I stayed till about 2.30am myself so this morning was a bit harsh for work.

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Yeah I agree Saturday night would be way better... though not sure the last trains home are any different :/ But yeah, Monday morning was pretty nasty. Worth it tho smile

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bellsspinning

...in 5 weeks i am comin and staying in oxford for 5 weeks YAY im really excited and would love it if i am able to catch up with some people and have a spin...

Hi Belle!

Yeah there should be people around. With a bit of luck I'll have moved to Oxford by then and will be up for lots of spinningy fun biggrin Looking forward to meeting you!

bellsspinningmember
79 posts

Posted:
YAY im so excited i must do alot of spinning before i come so im not to rusty lol
i cant wait to meet as many of you all as possible it should be great fun
3 weeks and 6 days not that im counting

look inside yourself for YOUR answers

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Just to let y'all know, in case anyone isn't sure, tonight we'll be spinning in the East Oxford Community Centre from 8pm.

This'll be the last week it's there for a while - we'll be in a park over the summer. Watch this space for details...

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
K__ you're welcome to a lift to the station after, last train is at 12:20 smile

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
biggrin thanks

but will have to see - if it was jus me, then definitely, but I dunno what time Rikk'll wanna head off...

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
So who fancies a bit of a spin on Sunday?

I was thinking afternoonish but obviously there's nothing to stop you Oxford inhabitants staying on for an evening burn.

Any preference for South Park / Angel & Greyhound park / uni park / some other park? South Park is good for burning, Angel & Greyhound park is good for handy liquid refreshment... Preferences on a postcard please smile

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Southparks still the best imo, and short walk still to any place on cowley rd or st clements.

I'll be there from 6.30-7ish as long as the weathers still good, I'll try be on the crest of the hill again where we were last time. depends if it's allready really camped out or not.

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Cool, Southparks it is. Yakumo, can you mobilise any of the people from the other week to come?

Plus, thanks to some unexpected boss-benevolence, I don't have to go in to work on Monday so can stay out to play on Sunday evening smile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
How was last night? xxx

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Quite quiet compared to last time, lots of fun though. (I'll still be pushing for Saterday's for bigger meets), it's jsut K__ was in town looking at houses.

Mico and his lovely lady were there (don't know if she has a HoP name..), and we met some crazy Spanish people we spotted at the other end of the park doing fire poi, they insisted on me doing a burn with their kit when they saw me doing an iso with my glowies weavesmiley

and K__ got mugged by random people fascinated with her glowing juggling balls smile

too late night again for a sunday really, but worth it ubbrollsmile

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Yeah, last night was good smile Heh I'd forgotten about those randoms - saying they were enthusiastic doesn't quite cover it!

I promised details about where the spinning goes when it's not in the East Oxford Community Centre - and here they are...

Starting this Wednesday, it'll be in the park under the Magdalen Bridge from 7pm. You get to it by going a little way along St Clements Street, then through the car park behind the Angel & Greyhound pub.

Does anyone know if we're ok to use fire there? I went to Oddballs in Camden today and bought some shiny new toys... biggrin

53 posts

Posted:
hey guys sorry i haven't managed to get to a south parks meet for bloody ages are u guys still meeting on sundays bout 8ish yah?
hope to see peeps there if the weather is good.

may we4ever spin4ever

May we4ever spin4ever

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
sortof, it was kind of irregular (and still is) , and seemed pretty dead so we ressurected things, I'd like to move it to saterday so ppl can stay late and not have work problems (I've stayed after 2am the last 2...) and so it's easier on ppl out of oxford now who want to come allong smile

posts will definately be put up here when there's going to be one, and I've no objections to next saterday smile

east ox juggling club is now 7 in the angel & greyhound parks till further notice.

oxford uni club meetings (mondays) is suspended now till the students get back (bah)

53 posts

Posted:
cool cool, i cant make this sat but if peeps are there on sun then i will come and try to bring a car full of others with me so we can all meet up and play with wonderful fire lol

may we4everspin4ever

May we4ever spin4ever

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
ooo, in that case I'm in for another sunday =)

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
All things being equal, I will be there smile

Though having said that, I seem to be having difficulty thinking further than 3 days ahead at the moment, so it's possible I've forgotten something really important that's happening Sunday night :/

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I'll post again if something causes me to have to change plans, but otherwise ....

I'll be on the crest of the hill again from 7pm this sunday (9th) this will probably be my last weekend spin before I'm off to Japan \o/

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:

Hey... It's a bit wet confused tonight

~peace is a fire~

Page: ......