Page: ......
ilovethefireSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
hey guys are there any of you in or around oxford, that meet up. I havent found many places where people spin in groups yet, think it would be reall cool. cool

if any one has info on whereabouts or if we could start one up may be. there are enough parks in oxford to spin in.
thanks

spin4ever
weavesmiley

May we4ever spin4ever

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
I thought you mocked and derided these fair-weather jugglers, Mico? wink

Is everyone gonna bail then?

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:
Yes indeed. I am simply testing the water..

Contacting various peeps now to get a better
forecast.

Didn't mean to put a damper on things..

~peace is a fire~

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I was planning on stopping by the angel park jsut to see if you guys were there, and going to the east ox centre if not, but with the weather as it is I wasn't expecting to see anyone, it could in theory clear up in the next couple of hours though.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Ah cool. Well I still intend to be there and will see how things go... the sensible bit of me is murmuring about having to drip all the way home to Reading if I get too wet ubbcrying ( <-- dripping, not crying)

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:
But the centre isn't available, that's why we go to
the field. And even if it stops raining, the jugglers
don't like getting their balls wet frown

~peace is a fire~

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
That's what clubs are for smile

Still, knew I should have picked up my bouncy (waterproof) balls...

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
aaaahhhh, I thoghut it was just a choice to get out in the open air as the weather should have been better, I didn't realise ....

I'm up for getting wet then biggrin

oh, do ppl still pay when it's not at the centre? or will I just need the £2 I owe for last week smile

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
I think it's for FREEEEE!

If plans change suddenly, please can someone txt me cos I might be a bit late and don't wanna get left behind!

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:

I'm sure Malcolm will be quite happy to accept
money for standing in a field. If not, you can
give it to me instead wink

~peace is a fire~

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
lol, yeah well some groups are like that, especially if they're bringing equipment/offering instruction, had to ask smile

was fun for a bit anyway, K__'s firefly's are lovely, shame it did end up getting SO stupidly wet.

really hope you have an awesome time at the EJC, I'll miss you on sun&wed as I start to panik about my own trip smile

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:
It was quite nice juggling under the trees, very refreshing
after all this heat.

Don't panik about your trip. Pay attention to what is going
on right now - that way you'll at least have some practice
for when you really need to be doing that wink

As long as you don't break out into poi moves in the middle
of the karate I'm sure you'll do fine ubbrollsmile

all the best hug

~peace is a fire~

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
They're all the same anyway, eg I taught a friend of mine the 3 beat weave last weekend showing her how it was the same as a move called mawashi-uke (translates as 'round or circular block' I think) biggrin

---------
Next meeting : Sunday 9th, crest of the hill in Southparks, I'll be there from 7pm till late, turn up whenever smile

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
It was good to see the hard core out last night and wicked to try out my new fyreflies devil They will definitely be coming with me on Sunday for a proper night-time burn.

Yeah, have a great time at EJC, mico - and don't get so good at anything that you don't want to mix with us mere mortals when you come home wink

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
*grin*

Non-Https Image Link

^ this look familiar?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
yeah, where did those crazy matches come from anyway

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
From the magical match kingdom... *

And a small amount of time with google has revealed the Prisoner white thing was called Rover, and those not-space-hopper things were called Lolo Balls

I love the internet smile

* (the magical match kingdom in the offie round the corner from the park)

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
doh, I didn't get there till well after 9pm (problems moving house), and I was giving K__ a lift too, sorry if I missed anyone :-/

Span till after 11, then bailed as the others had to go & and it was getting freezing.

We've borged a new Chris though wink who has many wonderful glow things.

crazylittledaisynewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,
I am back from uni and looking for some ppl to spin with.. When/where do you meet and are newbies welcome? Much love
Rose xxxx

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Hello!

Yes everyone is very welcome biggrin

Over the summer, we meet on Wednesdays in the park behind the Angel & Greyhound pub on St Clements St, with a vague start time of 7pm.

But also, sometimes there are weekend meets if and when people get themselves together - which brings me nicely onto this: does anyone fancy a spin on Sunday evening? I was thinking Southparks and I will probably be there from 6/7ish. Post if you reckon you might come smile

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:

YUP smile

~peace is a fire~

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Cool smile You gonna bring your newly-made rope dart? I'm keen to see it in action!

I'm not gonna be online over the weekend, so any massive changes to the plan, please can you text me? Thanks biggrin

crazylittledaisynewbie
5 posts

Posted:
cool thanks, yeah I will try and make it tommorrow. I am usually working on wed nights, so sun nights are good for me smile Where abouts in south park do you usually meet? x

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Mick my lovely, hows the new rope dart working? is it chain or rope? I love mine, ive got that move you showed me almost down now, 4 out of 5 times smile I need some more inspiration! I'll be back in oxford in 3 weeks for the weekend while i move into my house so if we can all meet up on the saturday that would be wicked as i have to be at work on monday frown

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Who when where?

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
frown sorry I wasn't there tonight - after making the suggestion in the first place redface - my housemate needed me around and I couldn't do both...

Hope plenty of people made it and y'all had fun smile What did I miss?

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Beth

Mick my lovely, hows the new rope dart working? is it chain or rope? I love mine, ive got that move you showed me almost down now, 4 out of 5 times smile I need some more inspiration!

Well its rope, and has a small monkey fist at the er, handle end and a big monkey fist at the business end - in which
is a small monkey fist in which is a knot.

As you can imagine this takes up a lot of rope, and the 10m I bought (minus 2 lengths for rope poi) have left me with
a rather piddly rope dart... Too short for that trick we both like. redface

I shall look at it as monkey fist practice! ubblol

In other news I can do continuous poi throws and working on solid back crosses. There's a tremendous variety of
throws, I could spend all my time learning this instead of any more poi stuff. juggle eek

I will buy more rope today. Lots of it! I figure that just before the exit from 'our' move you could go into a neck wrap.. ubbidea

See you in 3 weeks! happy spinning (and wip catching and..) hug

~peace is a fire~

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Aww 'our' move ubblove

Ive found an extension of that move, in which it wraps around the 'first' arm again and comes out really nicely, and also one that i only managed once but looked and felt sooo lovely i will try to do it again. It's the same entry but turning more and it comes out above the head and into a wrap on the opposite arm, very odd but very nice smile neck wrap sounds fun, i shall experiment. My hair tends to make neck wraps feel a bit weird biggrin

Chutney, yes, i shall be in oxford around the 12th August so a big fiery meet would be luverly, bring Mr Hyperlight biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
blimey! i go away for 3 months and look what happens! regular oxford meets happens! excellent! shall be joining you guys as much as i can (can hardly afford bus fairs at mo :S) if thats OK. looking forward to it smile

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
STROO YOUR BACK!!!!! *big hug* xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
yeah!! not quite sure if im entirely happy about it but yup im home! how you doing ducky? whens the next meety thing? love love love x

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

Page: ......