Page: ......
ilovethefireSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
hey guys are there any of you in or around oxford, that meet up. I havent found many places where people spin in groups yet, think it would be reall cool. cool

if any one has info on whereabouts or if we could start one up may be. there are enough parks in oxford to spin in.
thanks

spin4ever
weavesmiley

May we4ever spin4ever

ScillySpinnerSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
Hay, havnet been on HoP for agers and only just found the Oxford Thread, am at brookes (final year) and feeling the need to get out for a spin rather than just in my room. When you all next meenting?? I'm gessing you'll be in South Park? Please let me know, would love to join you guys weavesmiley

practikalmagiknewbie
18 posts

Posted:
Hey, haven't been on here since last year, eep. Anyway this is a shout out to all Brookes students! A new society, dedicated to poi, juggling and all that jazz has just been set up. It's only in it's infancy and we need as much support as we can get, the more the merrier. We have a bit of a variety of skill levels so if you're a Brookes student and interested gimme and PM and I'll give you details.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Not just for Brookes students btw, anyone in oxford who is interested, come along!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
hey guys, im in oxford visting some friends until the 1st march (not sure if i met any of you at falmouth4) but although im in london this weekend i was wondering if there was anything happening at all

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
sundays are poi nights in south park generally, or cowley road on a wed too (although i havent been to that meet so dunno what its like) smile

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
and thursday nights at the uni, all are welcome.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

DixieGOLD Member
old hand
740 posts

Posted:
As ilovethefire has noticed, I show up in Oxford every so oft during the week as my girlfriend teaches there! If anyone is sometimes free on weekdays I could really use some company on my random solotwirls... Or booze. Please pm me and let me know to give a call if I am likely to be around! I am getting severely bored of the Three Goats Heads!

Important Notice.
Can be found elsewhere.

This signiture has malfunctioned and can currently display no information. This matter will be rectified shortly.

BarefootbassplayerBRONZE Member
13 posts

Posted:
Hi there, was wondering if there were any plans for a fire meet soon in the area?? Only just getting into it and would be cool to meet a few new people and begin my learning curve

I met a wise man once!! He had a sore throat and had lost his voice

53 posts

Posted:
hey yeah sounds good.
Abingdon spinners were thinking of haveing a meet some time soon oppoosite the river in abingdon, (normal place) but havent as yet sorted any thing out.
We should all met up soon any way. good to met some new folks

tlk soon

chris

May we4ever spin4ever

May we4ever spin4ever

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Did anyone check out Brookes this weekend? Andy C, DJ Zinc and Roni size in the union - it was AMAZING! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
were they? i missed that

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Theres d&b in bar love tonight. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Theres also circus society meeting smile

ShaShaShelbynewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hey there. I'm moving to Oxford in June and was wondering if people can tell me where i can go to learn to spin. I love it...and have some time on my hands and would love to join in on any groups that would be willing to have me! I'm new to the area so if you could tell me where to find your meeting spots, that would be great!

Shelby

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Im a bit slack at coming to meets so i think the person your best of asking is Beth.... altho she'll be home over the summer and wont be in Ox... hmm.... well i'll be about! haha.

Just to let you guys know there is drum and bass at the zodiac on Friday night! xxx

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:

Hi.

There's the Oxford Poi & Juggling workshop on wednesday
nights. East Oxford Community Centre, 8pm - 10+pm

It will close for a few weeks over the summer but you
should catch the tail end of the season iirc.

Also the university club meets on monday nights in town
at arround 5ish, er in a church up the side road from the
coffee rebuplic...

So try and come along on a wednesday night! PM me
nearer the day I'll help make sure you know where
you are going.

weavesmiley

mic

~peace is a fire~

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Hmm.... what to do on friday night.... DnB at the zodiac... or rocky horror show at the new theatre with lovely boyfriend... biggrin yay for rocky horror!

Shelby, i will be in oxford until the 16th june, but i'll be commuting to london so will only really have weekends free. At the end of september there will be all the meets already mentioned as well as the brookes circus society (Harlequin society) which will meet once a week, all are welcome!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Beth you have been at brookes forever and i STILL havent seen you! xxx

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I saw you in Swindon... smile now you can drive you have no excuse not to come to oxford all the time and see me! wink

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Can someone tell me... in one post... when and where and what times all the Oxford meets are! Thank you! xxx

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Hi, are there still regular meetings going on at southparks? or anywhere else? if so when.

I joined the uni juggling society but once a week isn't enough social spinning smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
seems to be dead here, I'm going to try to get down to brimingham instead on sunday then..

[Old link]

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:

Wednesdays, East Oxford community centre, Cowley road, (opposite blockbusters) 8pm-10+, upstairs.

Juggling & Poi weavesmiley

~peace is a fire~

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
cool, thanks for confirming it's still on. I'll try and be there tomorrow, but i'll have to be late unfortunately, it clashes :-/

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:

Someone once turned up late because 'it clashed' with his Tai Chi class, which is
precisly what is going on there until 8pm on wednesdays rolleyes

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow then!

~peace is a fire~

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
clashes with a goju class for me smile
I'll have to skip out a bit early as it is..

53 posts

Posted:
hey guys we should def get a fire meet soon, haven't spun much fire over the wet times, but the summer is coming in fast and need some fire soon, as having withdrawal symptoms eek confused which is not good.

either southparks or abingdon, may be some sunday evening, leave a post up here if oxford folf are up for a spin. good to catch up and meet new people, learn new stuff etc etc.

may we4ever spin 4ever

May we4ever spin4ever

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Sounds good to me, now im driving its all good - i suggest a trip to red star for food afterwards as well - that place is AMAZING! xxx

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Definately up for that this weekend (?), learnt some new tricks this week allready, thanks mico =)
EDITED_BY: Yakumo (1149814812)

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I'd be up for coming along sometime depending on when and where (not sure about this weekend though).

I don't actually have any fire stuff yet but I suspect it's only a matter of time!

Page: ......