Page:
linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
ok so im thinking of getting a tattoo

at the moment (and for the last few months) i think the best one to get done is a version of my avitar - probably in black - on my left shoulder

i was just wondering if any one had any thoughts or advice on this as well as voting if you think it would be worth it tongue and yes if i get it done i will post pics biggrin

thanks

sam ubbrollsmile hug

well (as i say further on) i have a tatto and im very pleased with it

its as i said it would be and there is a pic in my gallery smile

thanks for all the advice and tips from you all hug grouphug hug

smile much love smile ubblove smile your all amazing :P

EDITED_BY: linden rathen (1126992129)

back

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I love my tatt ubblove Its very very tiny. When my mum saw it she freaked.

I am now thinking about getting my nose pierced (once again, teeny tiny stud). Wonder what my mum will say. Stuff it, I'm 26, who cares?

ubblol

Advice-wise, just the usual. Choose carefully on both design and location. I chose a design that meant something about my view of who I am, a character that means "wisdom". I don't think that meaning will ever change, it will just grow.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
cool smile *bounces* i cant say thanks to all you guys enough (yesh how sappy does that sound nm) this has really helped - while a lot of things id already considered (as i said ive been thining bout this for a while) there has been ome really good tips and such smile and its so nice to feel that im not gunna look a complete muppet when i get this done (been talking to rents - well mum and i think shes ok ish with it tongue)

back

IcerSILVER Member
just a shadow of my former self...
205 posts

Posted:
i like the design, liek i commented in the gallery. and like everyone has said, make sure you want it, tattoos arnt quite as permanent as they use to be, but its not like a piercing that you can just take out.
ive just posted the design i have drawn for my back. i hav ehad the design, in one form or anohter for almost a year, b/c it is so big and will cost a fair bit i have just been thinking about it. i love the one i already have, before i got the first one, i said, "no, im just getting one", but as soon as i walked out of the shop i was thinking about this back one.
be prepared for different reactions too, you might be surprised who likes it and who doesnt.

and like i said in the gallery comment, pity you cant make it spin like that on your skin...

It took a while, but once their numbers dropped from 50 down to 8, the other dwarves started to suspect Hungry.

razerflame87Member
12 posts

Posted:
just do it dude i did its awsome

i dont think so F*@&%ER, wog boy first.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Written by: Icer

be prepared for different reactions too, you might be surprised who likes it and who doesnt.

too true ubblol I have lost count of the number of very senior women, often from a greek background, who stop me in the street, pull up my shirt sleeve, feel my skin and fawn over the art on my arm... I never thought that would happen... eek ubbrollsmile

JilavreGOLD Member
32 posts

Posted:
I got a treble clef on my left shoulder.
I used to play piano all the time but when I left home I didn't have a piano any more. So my tattoo reminds me of how important playing piano was to me growing up.

I've not once regretted getting it inked.

My grandmother saw it before any other relatives and loved it - which surprised me. And my mother thought it 'tasteful' go figure.

So I say go for it.
And as for the pain? I found that it didn't hurt as much as I expected, it was just like someone running long fingernails down my back. But that depends on where you get it done I suppose. What shocked me was the amount of blood. I bleed a LOT.

I'm getting the biohazard symbol tattooed on me when I graduate from my biochemistry degree. ubbrollsmile

the looney beanmember
45 posts

Posted:
i'd say get it done . i've got about 80% coverage and i don't regret any of it . just make sure you get it somewhere where it won't get in the way of future plans for larger ones .

those who are possessed by nothing possess everything

Delirium_Starmember
73 posts

Posted:
Seriously go for it, if you can look at the avatar alot and still not get sick of it then go for it. just remember it'll be there forever so you wanna be sure. I got a tatto of the chinese symbol for death but It was never for dark perposes just reminds me to live now while I can if you get me...adding memories or meanings behind things tend to make it more worth while *smile* good luck xXx

+†Delirium_57412†+

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
yay have got it smile

i have a pic in gallery smile

back

jinvincibleGOLD Member
king of the hedgehogs
125 posts

Posted:
Very nice...

Yellow and blue make green.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I wonder what you will all look like when your 60+ and your skin sags, bet you wont want tatoos then lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:star:.

Written by: squarexedge

and be warned Tattoos are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!! It is such a buzz getting it done biggrin

haaa "Buzz" get it buzz? errrr...nevermind...

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

I wonder what you will all look like when your 60+ and your skin sags, bet you wont want tatoos then lol

Your arms don't sag that much...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lol you think ill live to 60? pah tongue

back

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
What are you talking about pigion that wasnt even directed at anyone in particular, hows that bitchy?

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

10,530 posts

Posted:
Seems to me like ir was pointed at our ver own Mr Linden... considering as hes got a tatto and all and you said "I wonder what you look like" et all...

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a kid biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I used the word 'all', as in any human being who gets a tatoo. Why would I wanna pick on anyone from hop specificly? Your all lovley

10,530 posts

Posted:
Ah.

Right oh.

hug

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

Your all lovley

Now, now, you can't make blanket statements like that wink

24,000 plus members. At least some of them must be complete ejits.

there was this one lad from SA for instance.....

Meh

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
hee hee

your so nice cantus :P

back

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted: