Forums > Social Chat > wat so good about big brother

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
greddyfirebratBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
does anyone know why everyone is staring at the tv screen and watching bb i hate the stupid thing all day my friends watch it it`s crap i dont know why they evan thought of it confusedit makes me go ubbloco

fire is a living thing it can breath and it eats so respect the fire

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
.:hands Greddy some punctuation:.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
i watched some just now. this guy was asleep, with his mouth open, for about ten minutes. Totally dead air! Then, they had an ad break, and after the ads, back to the guy asleep!

Fascinating viewing i must say...

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
nothing is good about big brother.

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

greddyfirebratBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
i think that bb should be outlawed u heard me its just a matter of time when reality tv will turn into area 7 absolutly outragous

fire is a living thing it can breath and it eats so respect the fire

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Think your all looking at this from the wrong angle...we don't need to watch it...just sit back knowing channel 4 have locked up 10 or so people we probably wouldn't want on the streets. I see it as community service. biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
hahaha...I like that thought...pity they don't keep them locked up in there...

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
*cough* [Old link] *cough*

tongue

Just to make it clear, I hate BB smile
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1118996471)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
People seem to be ignoring it this year (in the uk).

At least they are for the time being anyway - I reckon it'll be on all the front pages again when they get down to the last three.

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i didnt think they could find people with fewer braincells than last year...sterling work from the C4 people proved me wrong.
how can people be that ignorant? how?

10,530 posts

Posted:
I dunno, but ignorance is cured with one method only

you beat them with a wooden stick devil

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
ORRR lock them in a house together where they can fight and *bleep* and award the winner with lots of money!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
....and a labotomy (can't reduce intellegence any more than it already is) eek

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

10,530 posts

Posted:
rolleyes cos that makes loads more sense smile

-edit- the money I mean... the lobotomy would work wonders for their intelligence... and their social skills smile

*sighs in relief* there.... changed the title so at least there is some grammar in it smile
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1118999559)

DenGadGOLD Member
45 posts

Posted:
I think there's a social benefit from shows like BB and far out american talkshows (Jerry Springer etc.).

I think it serves as a baseline that ppl can hold their lives up against and think "Geez, these ppl are way more stupid and/or messed up than me" and "maybe I don't really have that big problems".

If someone planned this then they are really smart, and the trend that the shows are getting more and more extreme is really worrying.

If nobody planned this and ppl really are like that, then I'm just plain scared. smile

/Dennis
EDITED_BY: DenGad (1119000893)

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mags The Jedi

i watched some just now. this guy was asleep, with his mouth open, for about ten minutes. Totally dead air! Then, they had an ad break, and after the ads, back to the guy asleep!

Fascinating viewing i must say...

devil

I guess you were watching in the early morning when they were asleep; they do have to sleep you know smile

I think to appreciate bigbrother you need to follow it to some extent.

As for the general consensus that these people are all stupid; I disagree with that.

Obviously, under the conditions they're in, there's a hell of a lot of stress and pressure- 24 hour confinment with people whom you don't necessarily like. The result is outbursts and childish behaviour, emphasised by the fact that the show is cut to highlight those bits.

Winner gets, I think, £100,000; everyone who gets on will get some money/fame (if they want it, and I suspect most of them do).

So, for those who probably have typical hum-drum careers and wish for the kind of shallow fame that comes from BB; it's far from stupid to get on the show.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Written by: onewheeldave

*snip*
As for the general consensus that these people are all stupid; I disagree with that.

Winner gets, I think, £100,000; everyone who gets on will get some money/fame (if they want it, and I suspect most of them do).
*snip*

They're most certainly stupid - if they were clever they'd go do the australian big brother and stand to win a first prize of a cool million dollars (roughly £425,000) wink
Also, unless they're voted off really, really early they'd end up with a load of stuff from the program's sponsors, probably driving away in their new cars clutching their new holiday tickets.

I really don't see the appeal of watching it. I watched it when it was new but got so bored that I didn't watch the end of the first series or any series after, it's just mind numbing.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
if you tried to chart the stupidty of housemates throughout the series's i think you would have quite a while ago run out of paper and if you did it for how interesting it was live you would have died of boredom by now (probably suicide)

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i am revising my opinion...
most of them are stupid. the clever ones are only there because um i dont know but i feel sorry for them (and have a vague crush on science...um...idontknowtheirnamesoranything)

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i hate it i hate it I HATE IT!!!
It's awful. I just want to slap some of them around the face and say 'learn some fudging english you verbally retarted turd!'

grrr! mad

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
but not science
cos he is very very [censored for the good of the children]
i mean..um..he's an interesting guy

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mr Bovril

They're most certainly stupid - if they were clever they'd go do the australian big brother and stand to win a first prize of a cool million dollars (roughly £425,000)

See. Australians DO rock :P

I dont get it myself. But then, i'm living in shared accomidation, 8 people thrown together for a year. And we have exams.

Why don't i get a million at the end?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

SpiderbabySILVER Member
c",
199 posts

Posted:
Whats good about big brother you ask?
.... censoredall thats what.

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
i watch it maybe once a week to see how they act and react to each other. I find it interesting to see how different people act to the situation of being locked in a "house" from 2 weeks to upto 3.5 months. You see peoples interview things before they go in and then the first day, and then you compare how they change over time. The Australian BB likes to stir things up which makes it better. Though i do find that the people who did the selections this year managed to find a group of vain egomaniacs and not have a selection of real society.

Do we sleep when we die?

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
i have no option but to watch it. when bf gets home, he has remote so i'm censoreded

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
sadly ive got hooked on it

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
*points and laughs at noddy* harhar

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
*goes to tv and watches big brother and sulks*

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I love big brother, but I never watch it when it starts (ok I watch the first eppisode to see the people walking up the steps and the laughing and giggleing together and general fun "this is so wierd" friendlyness that they all have. Then I stop because I dont like to watch it when theres like 18 people in the house or whatever the nuber is, far too many of them I cant be dealing with it them all.

When it gets down to 9 or less housemates then I will watch it gladly because there arnt too many people to focus on. BB this year is pretty good and the only idiot is science he talks rubbish, my fav people this year are Derick, Micosy, and erm craig and Aloaith however you spell her name, oh I think that Craig is confuseing poor Anthony lol

Best time to watch it is the eviction night so you can see everyones reaction and the losers best bits.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Ugh big brother is the most annoying thing ever. All they ever do is bicker. WHY do people WANT to watch annoying, petty, bickering?

Stalkernewbie
17 posts

Posted:
Big brother is the most inane TV show ever created. If I wanted to see people eat, sleep and whatever else, I could just wander around my estate and peer in windows. Sure, I might get arrested, but I'm guessing it'd be a whole lot more fun than watching the TV, and being shown what they want you to see. Either way..Big Brother struck me this year as a break from the normal. Mainly because everyone in that house is abnormal in some way or other.

I just hope to god that the UK Big Brother is not shown in any other country. It'd give off the stereotype that all the British are ignorant baboons. As opposed to the majority.

Blah blah blah blah blah.. Blah blah?

Page: