Forums > Social Chat > getting to know you questions

Login/Join to Participate

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
What the title doesn't say is that I want ideas. I'm playing around with a friend at the moment, we chat a bit, and email back and forth. Of course I've asked all of the typhical things, such as sports, activeties, food, and favourite animals. And I've asked some in depth questions about sex and travelling. But a;though I still have a handful in my head, I'm trying to cut them with some more light fluffy things which are fun adn good to know..... and so, I want some suggestions. Also, anyone who came in here because they wanted to read peoples questions and answeres and answer questions, i give you:

If you could take one trip, whatever you wanted, where would you go, what would you do, and why? You have to stay in one place... altho you can travel within 50 to 100 miles of there. And you have up to a few months to do this trip.

Thanks for ideas, guys smile

-K

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
I've always wondered what it would be like to go to the Moon.
Mainly to see the earth rise above the horizon, that must be such an awsome sight, and to experience weightlessness on the journey there, being able to float about and pretend to fly.

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I know it sounds frivolous but ask if they like crumpets, if so what topping is best! It lets you know if they are sweet or savoury and not too serious a question, (for serious questions on crumpets visit [Old link] )

I would like to visit the bottom of the sea with a torch...fish are fun. biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Or what colour their toothbrush is, and how long ago they bought it. You can gather quite a lot of information on a person with this one. Weather they can remember or not, the colours they choose to see when they wake up and before they go to bed, personal hygein and the likes. Its one of my favourits. biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I have 3 toothbrushes. biggrin
1 is blue (my house)
1 is green and white (another abode)
1 is purple. (travel)

What does that say Blu-valley?

Another Question could be what's your favourite animal?

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
The fact that you remember, shows you are quite switched on and have some organization in your brain. The fact that there are more than one in different places, shows that you are always on the move and a bit of a wondering-spirit, but also that you look after yourself (or have a split personality! wink )
The colours you have chosen are all cool colours, so your prob also a bit breezy and like to be in control of your surroundings. Prob also a bit of a peace-keeper!Although, it may just show masculinity or dominance. You didn't say when you bought them though or if you chose them yoursef, so there are some variables involved! biggrin

Am I on the right track?

Answer to crumpet Q- icecream,choc sauce and sliced strawberry!
Answer to animal Q-real-dolphin
Answer to animal Q-Mystical-Phoenix

Another good question is the 'what would you do if ' kind of question.

Like: You are in the middle of a shopping centre looking around, you are at least 8 mins away from a familiar face and you only have 5 mins to live before the worl and all the people in it are destroyed. You are also the only person in the world who knows about it. What do you do for the next 5 mins.

Its a bit of a thinker, and not exactly the light-hearted kind question, but still a good one!

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
So your sweet, Floaty and fanciful.
you really put that on a crumpet. WOW need to speak to Mr Nuggit about that.
(I'm not domineering and picked them all myself)
I would call the person 8mins away and get them to meet in the middle, we'd get 2 minutes together b4 it went poontang

Good spot on the peace keeper! although I'm finding my dark side so I don't lose balance....
Other good questions are either / or
e.g
Hot or cold
Light or Dark.
(good game thread anyone??)

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
yup, thats me!

Hot and Dark!

up or down?
left or right?
Ketchup or mayo?
In or out?
on or off?
tint or tone?

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Hang on, don't want to pick holes here, but if the moon always has the same side orientated to the earth, then would the Earth actually rise above the horizen? Just curious.

If I went on any holiday I wanted, I'd go to a boat above the great barrier reef and spend 16 hours a day in the water. In fact, I'd build a house on the sea bed, and live in that so I don't have to depressurize.

Nvidia or Athlon? (sorry, my inner geek slipping out)

How about: What's your favourite weather? Snow, Sun, Rain etc. And why?

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
athalon
(i am very proud of my athalon 64 3500+ in my home built computor)
(damn my inner geek)

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
inner geek!? tongue

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Yay! These are totally cool. Now, I have to admit I have noooo idea what crumpets are but he's british so as long as I learn before he answers its all good. I know you take them with tea, and I presume they are pastry like.

Personally, I have two toothbrushes, of which i only know where one is. The one I know about is green, and was purchased in california at the longs on mission roughly 10-12 months ago because I thought I had lost the other one, which is white and purple and was purchased sometime three years ago because I really did lose a toothbrush.

I like the thinker question too. I try to mix them up a bit, so there's some serious and frivolous options in each grouping in emails. If were chatting on im they tend to follow themes more because its more like conversations. These are great fun! More ideas!

-Kbug

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Ask what a persons favourite room is...sounds weird but it lets you know a lot about how they like to spend their time (could say what part of a house is your favourite..coz that would include a garden)

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Ooh, good idea smile

.... immortal peach eater?

... and I have no idea what my favourite room is, oddly enough. Thats odd.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
"What was your favorite toy growing up?"

That often establishes common ground, too.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura