Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > .:*Warm Fuzzy Winter Moonfests*:. 2005

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Moonletter

Winter 2005

Fuzzy Wuzzy Moon Festies!*:.

It’s that time again! Get out your warmest winter woollies, special magic blankies, fluffy leg warmers, ear muffs, stripy long johns, beanies, scarves and gloves! It’s time for the Warm Fuzzy Winter Moonfests!*:.

Wednesday 22nd June (full moon in Capricorn) ~ day after Winter Solstice

Thursday 21st July (full moon in Aquarius)

Saturday 20th August (full moon in Pisces)

So the Moonfest this Wednesday is the day after Winter Solstice!*:. The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year (and longest night!*:.) this means the sunset will be a lot earlier, so come down early in the afternoon for SUNfest to catch a little of that yummy winter sun before it sets in the west and we welcome the moon rising in the east*:.

Bring all your toys…for, jamming, juggling, fire twirling (don’t forget your safety gear and fuel) and play!*:. Rug up in your warmest winter woollies, bring a blankie to sit on and perhaps a thermos of your favourite hot beverage*:.

If anyone has a brazier they’d like to bring down, that’d be great! As we can’t have open fires in the park… The braziers with fire coals are fine. Please remember to dispose of any leftover coals responsibly.

Recently I have made an unspoken rule official: NO FIRE BREATHING AT MOONFEST. Keeping moonfest safe and happy for all.

Please remember that MoonFest is a drug and alcohol free gathering. Take your rubbish with you when you leave. Take responsibility of yourself, your children and have a safe, relaxed happy, warm fuzzy night!*:.

Catch .:*Over the Moon*:. Performing at these Events coming up: or check out our new websight www.overthemoonentertainment.com.au

*:. Burleigh Solstice Festival Saturday 18th June 5-9pm. Connor St, Burleigh. (markets, bands, performances & all sorts of other festival fun!)

*:. The Medieval Fayre at the Abbey 2nd 3rd July (watch out for the walking trees and the Phoenix Fire Tribe show!)

*:.The Nambour Garden Expo is on from 1st ~3rd July (butterflies and tall fairies flitter flutter about the garden, don’t ya know?)

*:.Mountains to Mangroves Sunday 10th July. Chermside (all the way from the Abbey to Chermside… it’s those walking trees again!)

*:.The Einbunpin Festival 31st July Einbunpin Lagoon Sandgate

*:.Dreamscape Festival Sat 24th September. An awesome festy all the way up in Cairns. (Fluffy Monsters to Dream Weavers… and maybe a bit of fire too biggrin )

Well that should keep us all buzzingly busy and warm fuzzy over the winter! Hopefully I’ll see all you lovely ones along the trail someplace*:.

Loads of love and warm fuzzy huggles*:.

Love Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

https://groups.msn.com/moonfest

ubblove

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: bec

umm. but seeing as bub is only going to be umm
::counts up on her fingers::
6 days old (WOW)
then my guess is that the only place that chickenses will be roasting marshmellows is warm & cosy at home with bubba fast asleep in their lap.. ahhhhhh.. ubblove ubblove

super idea though.. smile

::adds vegan marshmellows to her shopping list::

yeah *looks all sheepish*

Im still gunna lend energy to moonfest though!! Ill help plan and um, throw round ideas and generally make a nunsuiance of myself.

I miss you guysssssss! biggrin

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Fun fun to stay warm play with fire .

Miss you guys to chicken

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Fondue fire fest?

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gnu

Fondue fire fest?

GODDAMN THATS A GREAT IDEA! ubblol ubblol ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
aww shucks

Sounds unreal though. Mmmm white choclate fondue with fruit...yum

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
omg gnu! that's BRILLIANT!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
fondue cauldron over Pixie's ubblove low slung brazier...

fine bamboo fondue forks
What on the menu?

Fire fingers in dark chocolate and cherry fondue?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Fresh fruit is yummy ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove dip it into chocolate. White is my fave with mandarin or orange chunks and strawberries and pineapple.. ubblove

Makes a glorious dessert

Recipe I just found says

8oz milk choclate, 1/2 cup cream and some kirshe.

We used white or brown chocolate buds and cream and didnt add other stuff.

Is it the Truth?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
stealing Dragonfurys ideas do you have a big area to chalk draw on??

Is it the Truth?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:

* runs off to find this idea of Dragonfury. Fails to. Wonders what it is???*

Nah, Moonfest is held on a beach with grassy areas and sand. There are some footpaths but not really good for (?) chalk pretties (?) and away from lighting

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblove hmmmm chocklate fondue! biggrin This is like *the* best moonfest idea EVER!!! biggrin ubblove biggrin

Once we did this gig... on the rooftop of this enchanted house with all these room in different themes... the rooftop was *heaven* apparently (it was raining rolleyes ... the poor flute playing angel got a bit soggy) and we were devils in cages it was heaps fun! but the point to this slightly long winded story is that they had a *chocklate* fountain!!! with strawberries and marshmellows and all this yummy stuff to dip in! biggrin ...and all these men were feeding me chock-coated stawberries!*:. was prolly one of *the* *best* gigs I've ever done.... hehehe ubblove hehehehe devil .:*checky devil chuckle*:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/display.php?image=/500/1794DevillishTemptation.jpg

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1120207003)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

* runs off to find this idea of Dragonfury. Fails to. Wonders what it is???*

Nah, Moonfest is held on a beach with grassy areas and sand. There are some footpaths but not really good for (?) chalk pretties (?) and away from lighting

There is a chalk drawing in his gallery. Thats what inspired the idea of a whole group doing a lushious large evolving chalk drawing. Like the idea of a beach sand scuplture and temporary art.

Or how about a rope sculpture on the ground. Could you soak rope in something and lay it in a pattern on the ground and then light it to get a horizontal picture. Suggesting hemp rope as its relatively cheap.
Someone else (NYC maybe) raised the idea a while ago of a fire picture on the ground.

I still like yummy fondue over brazier idea.....would it be too hot though??,,mmmm chocolate

Is it the Truth?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Pixie ubblove that is a well sexy picture!!!!!

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
DARK CHOCOLATE COVERED BLUEBERRIES!! One of my favourite things in this world, mmmmmm.

"Be the Bunny"

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
ooooohh YUMMMMMMM!! smile

3,492 posts

Posted:
Ok so sirious, how do we make the chocklate fondue thing happen? confused biggrin ubblove

what do we need?

cooking chocklate? dark?

ummm ubbidea skewers and stawbwrries and yummy things to dip in the chocklate

...and what a wock or something to melt the chocklate???

do we need to do the boiling water thing??? confused

Non-Https Image Link

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
biggrin ooohh...a big wok full of chocolate over a brazier...mmmmm...*drool*

*wanders off to try & find a big old wok*

bounce

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yeah it is best to do the hot water thing... or the choc goes weird. Specially with the unpredictable brazier heat biz

So what we need is
*a big old flat bottomed wok with a long handle (wouldn't you know, I just happen to have one.....)
* a pan to stand in the wok and melt the chocolate in (I do have an original 60's lime green fondue pot... but maybe I;'ll keep that ont he special shelf and just bring a wee bowl!)
* some cinnamon to make the choc extra yummy
*long bamboo/ kebab skewers will do for forks...

Hmmm.. strawberries(out of season but possible)
mandarin segments
Marshmallows

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
oohhh gabe! you are a most wise & wonderful woman!! biggrin hug

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
dont forget the bananas!!! yum.. chocolate bananas.

DAMMIT IM MISSING THE HAPPY FUN! frown

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Definitely bananas.
How do you reckon chocolate custard apple would go. Or soursop ubbidea

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Or black sapote!
Midwinter tropical fondue!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Bec:

((also reminds pixie of the possible gig I accidentally put on hold for the 21st July.. OOPS! but makes a note to do best to get out of it.. hmmmmmm.. off to write relevant getting-out-of-gig emails...))

..... umm ummmmm so how's those getting-out-of-gig emails going? wink

Dammit! I think this idea is the best ever ( ubblove chocklate ubblove) and I might have to miss it for a smelly gig (not that smelly really... gigs are good... smile)

Non-Https Image Link

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I took hot custard in a thermos to spinning last night and it was unreal. Used an instant fosters one that makes up with no lumps and boiling water, added a bit extra milk, nuked it and out it into warm thermos.
Presto yummy warm custard. took spoons and plates and stormtrooper jelly and it was great.
Warm custard on cold night...mmm

Is it the Truth?

3,492 posts

Posted:
stormtrooper jelly??? confused yummmmmmy warm custard! You wanna come to moonfest some time??? biggrin ubblove wink :nudge:

Written by:

:gita:

oohhh gabe! you are a most wise & wonderful woman!!

ditto biggrin

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
chocolate at moonfest... wowowowowow.. and I thought it was already perfect!

we're free pixie girl.. so don't worry about that nasty gig any more tongue

mmmwah*

3,492 posts

Posted:
Sirious!!!!! OH YAY bounce

kiss love you becca! ubblove

right then.... chocolate.... .:*wanders off to find chocolate*:.

Non-Https Image Link

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
My boys are into Star Wars..is it a genetic thing, that boys are into stick technolgy?
So we buy a stormtrooper getup and it comes with a stormtrooper mask and a shirty thing. As I unpack the mega plastic packaging I think "Hmm that could be a jelly mould!!"
Advice for people using random things for a jelly mould- use a spray on cooking oil to coat the mould. Also can make it creamy looking by adding skim evaporated milk. But not too much. Aeroplane jelly the quick set one is unreal. ubbrollsmile
We also had chocolate frogs in the jelly but let it cool or the chocolate melts a bit and the frogs look unhappy. frown

I vote for thermoses of custard at Moonfest. With cupcakes to have with the custard and half filled jelly cups to put the custard on. Dont forget spoons though wink

ubblove ubblove
I would love to come to moonfest. One day. Bills Brisbane trip is now sans Gnor as we will go for a big family holiday here instead. If it had of been moonfest weekend it may have been a different story wink

Is it the Truth?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
hey when did you turn into Wombatty?!?

Page: ...