Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > .:*Warm Fuzzy Winter Moonfests*:. 2005

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Moonletter

Winter 2005

Fuzzy Wuzzy Moon Festies!*:.

It’s that time again! Get out your warmest winter woollies, special magic blankies, fluffy leg warmers, ear muffs, stripy long johns, beanies, scarves and gloves! It’s time for the Warm Fuzzy Winter Moonfests!*:.

Wednesday 22nd June (full moon in Capricorn) ~ day after Winter Solstice

Thursday 21st July (full moon in Aquarius)

Saturday 20th August (full moon in Pisces)

So the Moonfest this Wednesday is the day after Winter Solstice!*:. The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year (and longest night!*:.) this means the sunset will be a lot earlier, so come down early in the afternoon for SUNfest to catch a little of that yummy winter sun before it sets in the west and we welcome the moon rising in the east*:.

Bring all your toys…for, jamming, juggling, fire twirling (don’t forget your safety gear and fuel) and play!*:. Rug up in your warmest winter woollies, bring a blankie to sit on and perhaps a thermos of your favourite hot beverage*:.

If anyone has a brazier they’d like to bring down, that’d be great! As we can’t have open fires in the park… The braziers with fire coals are fine. Please remember to dispose of any leftover coals responsibly.

Recently I have made an unspoken rule official: NO FIRE BREATHING AT MOONFEST. Keeping moonfest safe and happy for all.

Please remember that MoonFest is a drug and alcohol free gathering. Take your rubbish with you when you leave. Take responsibility of yourself, your children and have a safe, relaxed happy, warm fuzzy night!*:.

Catch .:*Over the Moon*:. Performing at these Events coming up: or check out our new websight www.overthemoonentertainment.com.au

*:. Burleigh Solstice Festival Saturday 18th June 5-9pm. Connor St, Burleigh. (markets, bands, performances & all sorts of other festival fun!)

*:. The Medieval Fayre at the Abbey 2nd 3rd July (watch out for the walking trees and the Phoenix Fire Tribe show!)

*:.The Nambour Garden Expo is on from 1st ~3rd July (butterflies and tall fairies flitter flutter about the garden, don’t ya know?)

*:.Mountains to Mangroves Sunday 10th July. Chermside (all the way from the Abbey to Chermside… it’s those walking trees again!)

*:.The Einbunpin Festival 31st July Einbunpin Lagoon Sandgate

*:.Dreamscape Festival Sat 24th September. An awesome festy all the way up in Cairns. (Fluffy Monsters to Dream Weavers… and maybe a bit of fire too biggrin )

Well that should keep us all buzzingly busy and warm fuzzy over the winter! Hopefully I’ll see all you lovely ones along the trail someplace*:.

Loads of love and warm fuzzy huggles*:.

Love Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

https://groups.msn.com/moonfest

ubblove

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

hmm...lucky you said the hot drinks thing...i have an awesome flask around here somewhere!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
I am of the opinion moonfests don't happen often enough. mad2 You have a wonderful night, then have to sit patiently til the moon takes it's own sweet time to come back.
*mumble*

That having been said, I'm really looking forward to this one- can you tell? wink

Elke, lovely moonletter! hug

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Thanks Miss Moon! hug
Looking forwards to feeling warm this winter...
This Wed is a bit shite for me as I'll have to wrap things up @ Visible Ink before I can come, but hope to still get to cyall a bit later on.

Ry,
I agree in totality. Maybe we can work somthing out though? might involve giant magnets and more full moons...

And big clap and support for no fire breathing!!

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Ooh is it that time again!

clap devil grouphug devil clap

Goodie, cos I've gotten really lazy and not spun for weeks..redface 'cept a bit at Woodford on the weekend... not being able to come down to the Piazza lately has got me right out of synch....

I have a couple of braziers that I can bring on Wednesday and some of those charcoal logette thingies. ( that's going to be fun up and down the hill!) Are we allowed to burn wood in them? I have a bit for kindling but not enough for all night....

Also I will bring some fireytoy fuel along to sell @ cost price, as I did last time. My d60 is all gone now but I have KsolT ... it's $3 litre (yep, a bit more exy than d60...)

As for more full moons.. hmm maybe I could arrange something with my deck umbrella and a spotlight.... declare my backyard a permanent full moon...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Braziers would be wonderful Gabe. You're the best hug

I hope to be up to firedancing.... might not.... shrug Still sickly - a cold/throaty/chesty thing. I was getting better, and then...

My beautiful black cat Arian was killed on Thursday. She was my companion in so many ways and one of my best friends of five and a half years... ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying

I loved that creature so much hug2 What else can I say? I feel like she's still hanging around, and want to send her on her way but it's hard...

So it will be a strange full moon for me meditate

"Be the Bunny"

3,492 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug2 hug2 hug2 grouphug hug2 hug2 hug2 hug hug hug

I'm so sorry to hear that jen frown

and I hope you're feeling better real soon! hug2

Nice idea for a mock up moon gabe! biggrin

funny I feel like the moon comes round really quick! hehehe ubblol ...I think anymore often and it wouldn't be so special! smile *:.

but yeah more twirly firey party goodness is always great! weavesmiley devil weavesmiley Everyone to Gabes house! wooot! bounce

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

yay! day after tomorrow!! biggrin i have had a shite week at work (yes, already!) & i can't wait to run away & play with fire!! biggrin it better not be raining!! hopefully i'll get all this junk sorted at work so i can have thursday off...then i won't have such a huge drive!!!

yay moonfest!! biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
YES enough rain thanks Hughey

3,492 posts

Posted:
It dosen't rain at moonfest!

There is a magic force feild bubble over moonfest protecting it from rain don't cha know? biggrin

don't forget to rug up in all your winter woolies and warm fuzzies! hug grouphug hug

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
yes i believe it is true about the magic force field bubble over moonfest!! biggrin i remember one moonfest it was pouring rain the whole way from this side of gympie & i was saying the whole time "it's not gonna rain at moonfest!" and it didn't!! biggrin woot!

but that reminds me i have to go get my flask & then remember to fill it at work...with the dodgy urn...hmm... umm i'll figure it out!!! biggrin

moonfest TOMORROW!! woohoo!! biggrin still not sure if i have thursday off, but some coworkers have told me i should call in sick. but everyone knows my plans. but i need the day off. and i've missed three rdo's (we call them flex days) in a row! the last flex was LAST MOONFEST!! eek

ahem! YAY moonfest is tomorrow!!! ubblol

*does a silly lil excitabubble dance*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
It'll be a BEAUTIFUL night, no worries.
biggrin heart grouphug heart biggrin

And I am definitely bringing a brazier and enough wood to start it up... anyone can bring a pack of those bbq trickiebrickies?

And I will be bringing enough KsolT to refuel containers too ( it costs a bit more than the d60 I had last time... $3 litre....)
See you there!!!!!!!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I dont believe that we will be coming cause Arsn is working graveyard and I am a bit TOO preggers now. So we may not be coming for a few months until we settle into this parenthood thingo cause we only have three weeks until bub is here.

We will miss you guys.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
hug grouphug hug

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblol thought I was going to have to gobble up my words about that rainproof bubble when I woke up this morning to gloomy clowds... but horay! the clowds have cleared and the sun is shining!!!! sunny

Anyone fancy a little sun play this arvo? weavesmiley juggle biggrin ... I think I'll head down pretty soon actually the ocean and sky are SO blue at the moment! it's so lush! ... and if yesterday's sunset is anything to go by I'm sure todays will be gorgeous too... smile

It's dolphin season in the bay aswell! infact june moonfest last year, dolphins visit us *at* moonfest!!! so who knows we might get lucky and spot a dolphin or two...? biggrin

Kwisty and Troy, we will miss your gorgeous spirits at the next few moonfest hug ubblove hug ...wishing you all the best bringing the little one into the world and I can't wait 'till he, and his beautiful perrents are partying on with the rest of us, under the full moon!*:. grouphug

Gabe, I'm bringing a brazier down too (we will be cosy warm devil hmmmmm biggrin) and a bag of those BBQ fuel heat bead thingies smile which will probablly do for both of our braziers....? (maybe with the help of a few twigs around the place smile)

bounce bounce2 bounce

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

YAY!! only half an hour! ooh LESS than half an hour to go!! biggrin then i can race down to my car & drive to moonfest!!! woot! *does a silly dance*

*pout* no chickens!? ohhhh...hug we know you'll be there in spirit!!! biggrin

mmm...braziers...the warm thing is warm! ubblol

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Chickens, you missed a beautiful beautiful beautiful one! Was tad nippy, but the braziers solved that devil And it was (again) a wonderful night! *stands by with a cardboard sign saying Mr or/and Miss Bub- very much like airport picker you uppers*

btw, Pixies, I can't say enough how much I appreciate what you lovelies have done with everything! Worst thing about moonfest though, is the moment it's over, you're at the point you have the longest wait til the next one biggrin

ps. good on you elke telling off that firebreather- seeing how windy it was, I was pretty surprised he even went for it! spank

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
way to go pixie!!! I know how you hate having to do that... hug hug hug hug

I have already seen the piccys in Rys gallery (take a bow mr Ry again a fantastic effort) and WE MISSED SO MUCH FUN!! frown frown frown frown

oh well Im sure we will come back as soon as possible! smile

I missed you guys hug hug rolleyes rolleyes god Im a sook

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yep I agree with you Ry on the big congrats for Moon pixie! ubblove

reckon the braziers are going to be well in order for the next few Moonfests too.. how cold is it getting!!!! Actually I'm feeling somewhat skicke today, headachey and sorethroaty and all (if I had been half sensible I probably wouldn't have gone last night but !PAH! it was great.
I always have such lovely memories from Moonfest... such as....

*Camera fairies!! * goes to look up piccies* Go Ry Go Gita!!
*And great work on the dropbearhugs Puk!!
*And big yums to the drummers last night.. NOmore than drummers... musicians..... that dude with the three huge dun dun bass drums. and the trumpets!!! Groovlicious!
*And I Reckon we've got the firebreathing response squad going pretty well. One guy (and his mate) Kyle and I went to talk to came over to me like three times during the rest of the night apologising and we all ended up good buddies!

See you at Northey St guys...

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Btw, gita's got the best shots of this moonfest I reckon! biggrin

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
only cos they've got the added special powers of your flash ry!!! biggrin hug

*runs away to check out ry's pics then upload her own*

biggrin

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Nonsense! smile

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
nonsense my foot! :P

anyhoo...twas a most lush night!! which even included a standup cuddle puddle!! ubblol

is it next month yet?! ubbloco

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblove was a lovely night! biggrin

anyone got any ideas (other than just rugging up wink) for something special we could do for the warm fuzzy moonfests?

confused ubbidea confused

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
*puts thinking cap on* ubbidea how about...? nope sorry, false alarm!! ubblol

kidding! well the next one is a full moon in aquarius...mmm...bit too cold to do anything in the water methinks!! biggrin

what about a big dragon thing full of fire people like you guys did at a moonfest...umm...*searches goldfish memory*...a while ago...it was really pretty anyway! especially with the big dragon head thing & the spray bottle with fuel so he could breathe fire & stuff!!! *takes a breath* biggrin

ubbloco

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Chai?

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
chai.. yummmmmmmm...

and I'll bring some of that stuff pixie brought last time.. the delicious lemony-gingery-honeyey warm stuff that makes you all cosy in the belly.. mmmmmmmmmm...

((also reminds pixie of the possible gig I accidentally put on hold for the 21st July.. OOPS! but makes a note to do best to get out of it.. hmmmmmm.. off to write relevant getting-out-of-gig emails...))

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Chai and other warm-belly-beverages indeed smile

Aquarius is actually an air sign, though its symbol is the water bearer...

Hmm best not get Paul and I to brainstorm ideas... We went a little loopy for the Sagittarius one... had Kyle as the horses ass, and people and bulls alike being catapulted into the sea.. haha...

All the same I will give this one a deep thoughkos and let you know!

"Be the Bunny"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
marshmellow roasting over the braziers... and for those of you who are vegan I *think* you can buy substitutes... biggrin

yay marshmellows!

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
umm. but seeing as bub is only going to be umm
::counts up on her fingers::
6 days old (WOW)
then my guess is that the only place that chickenses will be roasting marshmellows is warm & cosy at home with bubba fast asleep in their lap.. ahhhhhh.. ubblove ubblove

super idea though.. smile

::adds vegan marshmellows to her shopping list::

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well maybe seeing Aquarius is an air sign that has something to do with water and we like catapaults we could catapault pitchers of water overhead... or set fire too flying vats of fuel?? Call it A-ksolt-arius....

Page: ...