Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > .:*Warm Fuzzy Winter Moonfests*:. 2005

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Moonletter

Winter 2005

Fuzzy Wuzzy Moon Festies!*:.

It’s that time again! Get out your warmest winter woollies, special magic blankies, fluffy leg warmers, ear muffs, stripy long johns, beanies, scarves and gloves! It’s time for the Warm Fuzzy Winter Moonfests!*:.

Wednesday 22nd June (full moon in Capricorn) ~ day after Winter Solstice

Thursday 21st July (full moon in Aquarius)

Saturday 20th August (full moon in Pisces)

So the Moonfest this Wednesday is the day after Winter Solstice!*:. The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year (and longest night!*:.) this means the sunset will be a lot earlier, so come down early in the afternoon for SUNfest to catch a little of that yummy winter sun before it sets in the west and we welcome the moon rising in the east*:.

Bring all your toys…for, jamming, juggling, fire twirling (don’t forget your safety gear and fuel) and play!*:. Rug up in your warmest winter woollies, bring a blankie to sit on and perhaps a thermos of your favourite hot beverage*:.

If anyone has a brazier they’d like to bring down, that’d be great! As we can’t have open fires in the park… The braziers with fire coals are fine. Please remember to dispose of any leftover coals responsibly.

Recently I have made an unspoken rule official: NO FIRE BREATHING AT MOONFEST. Keeping moonfest safe and happy for all.

Please remember that MoonFest is a drug and alcohol free gathering. Take your rubbish with you when you leave. Take responsibility of yourself, your children and have a safe, relaxed happy, warm fuzzy night!*:.

Catch .:*Over the Moon*:. Performing at these Events coming up: or check out our new websight www.overthemoonentertainment.com.au

*:. Burleigh Solstice Festival Saturday 18th June 5-9pm. Connor St, Burleigh. (markets, bands, performances & all sorts of other festival fun!)

*:. The Medieval Fayre at the Abbey 2nd 3rd July (watch out for the walking trees and the Phoenix Fire Tribe show!)

*:.The Nambour Garden Expo is on from 1st ~3rd July (butterflies and tall fairies flitter flutter about the garden, don’t ya know?)

*:.Mountains to Mangroves Sunday 10th July. Chermside (all the way from the Abbey to Chermside… it’s those walking trees again!)

*:.The Einbunpin Festival 31st July Einbunpin Lagoon Sandgate

*:.Dreamscape Festival Sat 24th September. An awesome festy all the way up in Cairns. (Fluffy Monsters to Dream Weavers… and maybe a bit of fire too biggrin )

Well that should keep us all buzzingly busy and warm fuzzy over the winter! Hopefully I’ll see all you lovely ones along the trail someplace*:.

Loads of love and warm fuzzy huggles*:.

Love Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

https://groups.msn.com/moonfest

ubblove

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
ya we been pressing them for weeks he he help

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

3,492 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek eek eek

.... ubblol

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
ummmmm how much do we want that cake to be vegan? Are any vegan's coming to the pre-moonfest birfday thingo?

coz well I remembered that I don't have any egglike (egg substitute) left... and well I don't have much time left either...hehehe wink so thinking I might just buy some cakes! and treats and stuff to decorate... was thinking little bowls of cake sprinkles and lollies and stuff so we can get creative and make little cake masterpieces!!! bounce ....notice how exited I am about eating cakes and chockolate and yummies..... been dipriving myself of yummies lately... so ummmm YUMMMOOO bounce

so I still have to go to the shops and all that.... coz well ... I ran out of time coz I actually had a bit of a scare today when I was taking my clothes off the line and noticed some pegs without clothes attached... umm ... and at first I was like..."oh that's a bit odd I don't usually leave pegs on the line... I usually put them in the peg holder thingerme" confused .... but then I looked around and noticed...*more pegs*... and noticed my bestest bras were missing (and some sexy knickers that go with 'em) eek eek eek (bloody expesive good ones too) .... but that just made me freek out and feel sick to the gut at the thought of some dirty old barstard having my underwear ....um so it kinda put me off preparing for the party...

and now I'm just here typing about it... rolleyes

so I'm off to the shops to buy party treats and moonfest goodies!!!

ubblove grouphug ubblove

see ya soon lovelies!!! hug

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Thats very poo Mz Pixie that you have been snowdropped.
And your best smalls as well. Get one of those inside lines and keep your pretties inside.

We were snowdropped once and I was left with the single pair of knicks that I was wearing. As a student spring for half a dozen new undies is tricky.

lots of hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
snowdropped... Moonfest tonight........

ooooh EEEEEEEEEEEEEK Reminds me MUST BUY SNOWBALLS!!!!!!!

*runs frantically to Coles before closing*

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmmm... what a yummy moonfest.. love you all .:*:.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
indeed that was becca, the only small problem with it was you having to leave to early
I sooooo enjoyed drumming tonight, meeting new people, eating ridiculous amounts of choclate, sharing chocolate with drummers.. meeting new drummers.... and oh yeah, did a bit bit of somethign to do with fire whirling too... gita's new double headed po.. yum yum!

Now home and got choccy on my top and black on my fingernails and going to have a looooon warm bath and remember the watching the fairy lights in the tree with Elke.. except there weren;t 'fairy lights' , it was the moon... and the leaves... and magic!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Yes, becca, you disappeared so quick! FYI, the rest of the night was super tongue. Best moonfest yet, I reckon!

Gabe, the choccy fondue's just getting bigger and better! Before you know it you'll have to have a choc-covered-things-fest!! Which I fully expect the glitter hula pool party to be. ubblove The mandarin's btw were awesome!! Mandarin and marshmallow dipped in chocolate was a super combo.. ubblove

Drums started a bit late, but when they got going- wow. How super were they! And hey, does anyone know for sure, that African dude from Freaky Lou- he was there on three djembes wasn't he!!!

A big thanks also to the lovely miss Alice Knox hug: I love your facepainting! ubblove Will get the pics out asap!

A biggest biggest thank you/ hugs/ happy birthday hug2 bounce hug bounce2 hug Elke! Moonfest is getting lusher and lusher and lusher!! Your birthday party was wonderful and your chai very very yummy.. Going to start hunting down your recipe wink Sorry to hear about the bestest bras going gone and all- on the bright side.. hmm. Sorry. Can't really think of a bright side. ubblol hug

Alrighty then. *hurries up the planets* Will it just get to the next moonfest already? biggrin

ps. ibuprofen is my frieeend ubbrollsmile

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove

had the best moonfest biggrin thanx all you lovelies for making it so yummy! (litterally too biggrin) how good was the fruit platter with the chockie fondue! biggrin ....You rock Gabe! and those little fairy lights in the tree 'ey! biggrin eek biggrin so pretty... I've always wanted fairy lights in the trees down there... but somehow the moon and dew drops sorted that out for me biggrin ubblove ubbrollsmile

Alice's face and body painting was fantabulous! I can't wait to see pickies ...as soon as I learn to use this spacky version of paint... i might be able to post a piccy of that too....

.... and our crazy suger fest pre moonfest... my god that was a lot of sweeetness! ubbangel ubblove ubbangel ... and my gosh ry, I really thought you were giving me a brick wrapped up in pretty paper with *all that chockolate* eek .... perhaps I can make a chockolate stream like in willy wonka out of it! .... or maybe have a chockolate mote around the pixie palace! biggrin

Thanks for all the beautiful treasures all you lovelies!!!
my little pixie sticker is giggling at me while I type gita!

Was so lush having bubba cuddles with taj too... so good to see guys again! hug hug hug and troy at a moonfest again! yay biggrin .... and when it gets warmer and stuff... maybe we can have a boogey with da bubba in the circle 'ey kwisty ubblove

The drumming was lush too.... grouphug

ahhhhhhhh *sigh*

beautiful night

thanks for helping me celebrate my birthday too biggrin ....moonfest makes a great birthday party!!!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

so I still have to go to the shops and all that.... coz well ... I ran out of time coz I actually had a bit of a scare today when I was taking my clothes off the line and noticed some pegs without clothes attached... umm ... and at first I was like..."oh that's a bit odd I don't usually leave pegs on the line... I usually put them in the peg holder thingerme" confused .... but then I looked around and noticed...*more pegs*... and noticed my bestest bras were missing (and some sexy knickers that go with 'em) eek eek eek (bloody expesive good ones too) .... but that just made me freek out and feel sick to the gut at the thought of some dirty old barstard having my underwear ....um so it kinda put me off preparing for the party...

ELKE!! eek I think I know who took your bras, and where they are now! https://au.news.yahoo.com/050821/21/vljp.html
I just happened to thave 1400 bras lying around.. ya. right.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
smile i vote august 2005 moonfest the bestest & most lush moonfest ever! biggrin or for this year at least...i haven't been going all that long so i can't really say 'ever'!! ubblol
(especially with the added sugary powers of the crazy sugar fest before moonfest and after i went to permafest!! ubblol so much fest in a saturday!! ubblol

*wanders off in a clearly still very sugared up trance*

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

3,492 posts

Posted:
eek oh my god! ry! eek

that's a bit wierd! hahaha

3,492 posts

Posted:
I'll be doing a new moonletter soon for spring... but in the meantime....

Spring Moonfest is Sunday the 18th September peace

*Spring* Moonfest is quite often the biggest most lusciously sparkley happy festive beautifully bestest one of the year... so we always like to add extra goodness to the pot of steamy festivities biggrin

This one's a Sunday too so calls for some yummy afternoon play in the sunshine me thinks! perhaps a little sand sculpting? juggle jam, twirl, play*:.

I'd love to do something spesh in the candle circle too...

any ideas???

Non-Https Image Link

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
hey why dont you have a hippie moonfest?

everyone has to come dressed in like, flares with flowers in their hair and lennon glasses and we can have flower children dancing in the circle... throwing flower petals... and we can hand out little cards with messages of peace... and the sand sculputure could be a big peace sign or a dove or something... and we could do a huge drumming up of energy at say 9.30 or somthing and send the positive vibes out to the world to help heal some of the yuckies that has been happening latley... ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove

what do you reckon?

no acid required of course ubblol

oh yeah and heaps of face painting and BOOBEE GLITTER shall be needed.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hehehee boobie glitter!! ubblol of course!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
sounds unreal.

Boobie glitter!!! Can wait to see Rys pics of boobie glitter ubbangel

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Can't wait to see Ry wearing boobie glitter !

3,492 posts

Posted:
Awww Kwisty! that's an awesome idea!*:.

perfect for spring!

peace Flower Power Moonfest!!! peace

ubblol .:*giggles at all the boobie glitter*:. ubblol

Yeah! a big peace sign in the sand! with all shells and pretties!

maybe we could have some afternoon mural painting of some kind??? a big bit of paper/fabric along the fence and all da colours of the rainbow!!!

Love the idea kwisty! ubblove

peace grouphug peace

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Except, ummm.... Us lot dressing up as hippies?.. Would anyone notice the difference?

I suggest a ubbidea

Bank Teller and Certified Accountant Moonfest!!

closed black shiny shoes, briefcases, stripey ties...permed hair and nice ponytail frilly things...little high heeled shoes for the ladies?

We could make a big dollar sign in the sand! String bank statements from the trees!

ubblol

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

Except, ummm.... Us lot dressing up as hippies?.. Would anyone notice the difference?

real 60's hippies... got any platforms?
biggrin

yay elke!! Ill give you a call and Ill come over to your house next week with bubba and we can have a planny play day if you like!! ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
ooohhhhh

I am up at Lismore/Byron the saturday n sunday then currently flyin out of coolangatta sun late, but hey i have been tryin to get monday off so i could venture up and perhaps share the wonderfully fun sounding moonfestivites...

so if the tide turns my way, where is it?
time sorts thingy?
CX

Lifes too short, dance nakked & wiggle ur arse!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblol at gabe's funny suggestion... hehehehe ....I wondered about the difference too... hehehe ...but the real 60's style flower power hippy thing will be heaps fun an that 'ey! biggrin wink*:.

I've got a lovely authentic frock that would really suit... but ummm not so good for fire play... (still temping though devil hehehe) oooh oooh and and little daisy chains and in our hair and ooooh fun! bounce

I also have some bright coloured flower lanterns smile*:. one that would fit over a bamboo burner... like up there in the picture... (or could just put a citronella candle inside and place it on the growd like a floating lotus peace ...and then a fair few smaller ones as well that we could put round the candle circle ubblove

I might bring my pixie totom poles down for this one too... for something spesh ubblove ...could maybe incorperate that into a little calaborative fire play in the candle/flower circle???

so yeah kwisty! would love you me and taj have a little brainstormy play day together biggrin hug ubbrollsmile

courts, cutey rainbow girl*:. ummm it's at Moora Park on park pde in Shorncliffe ... down on the lower beach level close to the rock jetty .... starts when you get there and finnishes when you leave biggrin .... generally dusk 'till ...what do you reckon guys?... 11pm? ....but beacuse this one's a sunday we might gather in the afternoon before sundown (3pmish) for sand sculpting and day play... SUNfest sunny YAY!!!

bounce peace grouphug peace bounce

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Waterpisstles with paint colours in them to paint with??

Is it the Truth?

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
ubblove this sounds wonderful...

so much fun biggrin grouphug

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
funny suggestion?

Well, that is most unusual, people finding chartered accountants amusing!

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

I suggest a ubbidea
Bank Teller and Certified Accountant Moonfest!!
closed black shiny shoes, briefcases, stripey ties...permed hair and nice ponytail frilly things...little high heeled shoes for the ladies?

We could make a big dollar sign in the sand! String bank statements from the trees!

ubblol

I had the same thought - would anyone know the difference?

As for your stripey ties and bank statements from the trees suggestion... ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol
Gabe you are spesh and then some hug

Ooooooh can we do the austin powers swinging pussycats nightclub thing and have someone lie down while we paint their body into a spiral pattern on the ground... can we can we?? ubbloco

GARLANDS FOR EVERYBODY! We should make that compulsory, hahaha. Uh-oh, garland nazi alert eek cool

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
garlands, flowers in our hair
edible marigolds and rose-water yummies
and for those bankers in suits, flowers in your button holes (good grief why does that sound rude? I've been up too late, high on acrylic paints)
and oooh elke don't you have some giant uv flower thingamy? Surely I recall it being used at last years spring goddessy moonfest? (or was that the year before?)

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
I'd love to see a cabaret moonfest though
Top hats and canes (staves hehe) and white gloves

Ooooh who's up for a moulin rouge moonfest? A freakfest, minus the obvious naughties. A challenge with rewards - first one to manage a twirl in a many-layered multi-coloured cumbersome can-can skirt wins first dip of the chocolate fondue! *wishes for all of 10 seconds this wasn't a family event as that last bit can go in so many directions hahhaaa*

I think the sugar-fest last weekend has rendered me altered on a molecular level - that combined with the acrylics and little sleep and jenuine jeneral weirdness. That's my cue - goodnight all. Looking forward to the flower power moonfest.

Gabe see you saturday night! I'll be going to the Big Bang too that night. Rrrraaaaahh.....

"Be the Bunny"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:

*music gremlin*

If you're going to Shorncliffe Moonfest...
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...
On the beach at Shorncliffe Moonfest..
Your going to find some spun out people there..

*music gremlin*

Garlands eh?
well, there just might be a few left after the partay... wink

3,492 posts

Posted:
Moulin Rouge moonfest! ubblove biggrin ubblove

.:*waits for becca's ears to prick up*:. biggrin (making frilly knickers as we speak!)

all such awesome ideas!!!

yeah.... would love to get the UV cannon out... and the uv colourful tipi!!! and those flower lanterns I was talking about a couple of posts ago? and in the picture a page back? is that what you meant jen? with "giant uv flower thingermy" ....pitty we can't plug the UV cannon into a tree 'ey? .... might need some pretty sireous flower power for that one.... wink

ubblol .:*giggles*:. at jen with her kinky flowers in button holes ubblol

Page: ...