fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
hi everybody!i'm travilling a lot and never got in trouble,at customs,with my firetools.i use as well nun-chaku[chinise fighting weapon]as single and double so i could get in trouble someday somewhere.any experience???keep the fire burning!!!f.

frank bentzin

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
isnt that stuff cool with customs as long as its not carry-on?? I have traveled with Nuchukas in my bag, along with a set of Sai's. i wrapped them in a paperbag, then dropped them in a plastic drawstring bag, hen put them in my large suitcase, that you check.no problems here. Just dont say anything about a bomb and youll be cool.------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Put all your stuff in a sealable tin box. Nothing can get in and nothing can get out so it aint a fire hazard anymore.anyone have any experiance carrying fuel? peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
No fuel is allowed on planes, except the kind they have in their tanks, as it poses a threat with pressure and combustibility.Hell, here we sometimes have problems getting fuel over the Canadian border when we drive over!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
actually i was more concerned about bringing weapons to a country.i know that in couple states of the usa for example nun-chaku is illeagal.but thanks for the other tips.f.

frank bentzin

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
pele,do you have any experience spinning fire in parks in canada.i live in toronto and heard rumours that you need a permit.i was glad to leave germany cause we have so many rules,but here some things are really a joke.

frank bentzin

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I don't think it is always easy to get fire toys through customs. The girl who introduced me to Poi had trouble getting her staff into Japan from NZ because of the kerosene smell of the wicks. After she pleaded that it was her livelihood they eventually gave in.I'm sure Poi in your bag wouldn't cause to many problems though.Kat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Mostly in Niagara Falls where things are more laxed off. In Toronto I always talk to the nearest fire station to the park I am going to be at. I have been told not to, not without a permit and fine whatever. I think it really depends on the mood of whomever I am speaking with. Sorry I can't be of much more help than that. How long will you be in T.O.? I am going up there to visit with friends sometime in May I think. JesseJames and I were planning on possibly meeting up, it'd be great to get with you as well!As for trouble with wicks and fuels and such...simply remove the used wicks, clean your tools well and put on new wicks. There isn't usually an issue about smell then. It might be a pain in the ass but it seems better than leaving your tools at customs. I also carry my portfolio so that they can see at customs that I *really* do this for money.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
hello,I know someone that went from Australia to the UK and they refused to let him take his fire equipment overseas. They probably got miffed by the smell of kerosene too.Although I can't help but think that airport workers always look "well-groomed". (I mean it's in their job descriptions) And that they would probably be more likely to hassle someone that wasn't as 'well-groomed' as themselves. "You're not taken those stinky sticks on here you stinky hippy," is how I visualise the events that took place with him.Or is Australia just more "tuff'?

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
yeah!pele,i stay over the summer so send me an e-mail to frankbentzin@hotmail.com!looking forward to meeting you!!!

frank bentzin

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey all,I cant understand why you tell customs in the first place?get a collapsable fire staff, or a couple of poi are even easier...wrap up the tips good and airtight in a couple of sturdy plastic bags, and stuff em deep into your suitcase / pack. I certainly dont remember any firetools tickbox on the customs card smileWhat you know that wont hurt em and they dont know, wont hurt em smileJosh

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hear, hear Josh!If you are worried about your bag being checked then it's usually better to delare something. I have never had my bag checked and that's prolly cause I always declare something (say 2 bottles of whiskey when there is 5 other bottles hidden in your bag, declare 2 cd walkman's when going home for a visit and say nada about the camera's and md players in your case! - I have a large family fond of electric goods!)Or maybe my sweet innocent face and winning smile is the reason that customs let's me through!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Hi firefly...i'm not entirely sure, but i was talking to some friends the other day and i think that nunchucks are illegal in the UK!------------------Chloe.-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame- Paul Weller

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
The nunchucks with the big spikes coming out of them definitely are illegal! You can buy tacky 'toy' Jackie Chan nunchucks,that would suffice and would be less likely to cause trouble at customs.------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

- W B Yeats