Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Now hold on a second... our heated discussion of Sexy firespinners was censored without any reason or notification? There were quite a few people invested in that conversation including me. If any specific thing was said that was over the line I understand censoring that but a total deletion of all ideas and arguments is a horrible idea!

Or did Smallboy delete his own thread? (Can he do that?)

I specifically didn't look at HoP today so I could wait to get home and see what the rest of the world posted so I have NO idea what conversation took place.

Agree with me or disagree with me but don't delete the thread!

Bring back the thread, let us talk it out like we always do and work through our own stuff. There were too many valid points on both sides to delete such an important discussion.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think you can edit the title of the thread just like editing any other post. Give it a try.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I can remember the last post I put on the sexy spinners thread if it's any help?

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh wait, I remember mine... Cantus, you used my real name... which I got pissed about because I thought you knew that I switched to just "NYC" because I didn't want my students to figure out who I was... (or at least I didn't want parents to be able to print anything out out of context and say that I was being a poor role model.)
But I think I just dismissed it with a sarcastic comment. (Of Course...)

As for the title, I'll leave it. Otherwise my initial posts won't make much sense. [If we renamed every post by the end every post would be titled "random thoughts" ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
(*Bangs head on table since no-one seems capable of leaving bad shit alone*)
Right just to put the last nail in my own coffin.....

quote:
The closing of the thread was a gesture of apology me thinks, and what intended to be harmless fun was percieved by some as offensive. Smallboy I would guess was trying to keep some of the bad vibes out of HOP
Jez I don't apologise for the thread at all I did it for my own reasons and none of them were selfish, I was however hacked off with everyone acting like a 5 year old and arguing with each other.
I don't like causing fights between others, even after I said that if anyone had a problem to scream it my way.
I warned everyone it would get deleted and then someone topped it off and it got binned
No-one seemed capable of just giving me grief on a PM coz they wanted all their friends to see they were standing up for them.

The saddening thing was that people I RESPECT (and alwayz will regardless of their opinion of me) were just degrading themselves by shouting and it deteriorated into a slanging match, which was largely political and some people were standing up for their friends rather than standing up for their own views.

I was trying to keep some bad vibes out, especially as most people weren't making any valid point they were just shouting for the sake of it. Which as Jez pointed out isn't good for any prospective newcomers

Sorry to UCOF who'd made a heartfelt post and bared himself to make a valid point. It was appreciated and I'll buy you a few beers on thursday.

Thanks to everyone who read the post I made and kept all the bad vibes private in PM's to me

I have apologised to anyone who took it personally and told me about it(.....all none of you - BTW), and everyone that took offence on the basis that it might cause offence to others (a shed load of you). Although I still don't personally see who could have been "humiliated" and "outraged" by being one of 999,997 out of the million gorgeous spinners who didn't make it into my personal top 3. Maybe I'm still the arrogant self opinionated wanker that I've tried so hard to change from.

quote:
It seemed to be a convenient way for Smallboy to cover his tracks
Yeah NYC, that's why I did it, I was scared of what you guys think of me

Sorry you felt that this opinion had to be shared with the whole world and couldn't be bothered to let me get a chance to explain myself before you went off attacking me

I'm losing sight of why people take the time to be fluffy, happy and bouncy coz the first chance some of you guys get it's all "look at him, he's just pretending to like everyone and be nice. He's just in it to try and win friends or be popular.....we're sooooooo much fluffier than he is, let's show everyone what a prick he is" without finding out their point of view first.

and this is NOT NOT NOT directed at NYC it's directed at a lot of you (and in a way myself one particular Monday morning), and that's why a lot of people have PM'd me saying they're pissed off with HOP and post less nowadayz (some of which I'd never seen a post from).

I'm gutted for HOP in general..........but fear not I wont be around much any more so I'm sure it'll be much fluffier when I'm gone.

Please PM me if I've hacked you off with these comments made here, last nights drinking binge hasn't done my fluffiness any good this morning.

Big hugz to all those that PM'd me with valid points, which I spent most of yesterday morning replying to individually, and big hug to C@ntus just coz he's a big fluffy geezer and I don't want him to feel bad about anything I've caused between him and his family.

Cam (which obviously stands for Completely arrogant monster)

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm just upset that you deleted my words. I don't think you had a right to do that. I never view a post as the originator's property. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my opinion, which we can discuss. I'd never delete this post as it has too many other peoples opinions on it. I know that I was not the one to "top it off" and I believe that neither was Cantus. Clearly we both agree on being disturbed that it was deleted.

I believe that you deleted the post because you felt badly that something you started had gone in a negative direction.

I believe that it was selfish because I felt that Cantus and I had issues that *I* felt needed to be discussed in public. (MANY people disagreed with my decision to go public with my personal gripe and I COMPLETELY understand their point of view.) If I had an opportunity to read other people's posts, perhaps I could better understand their opinions and feelings.

As I said in my above post though, I will never know who's upset with me, nor will I ever know why because you deleted both their and my words. And for that reason it will certainly be impossable to truely discuss and move on.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SmallBoys Evil Twin Brothermember
55 posts

Posted:
WHY ALL THE HATE FROM EVERYONE ALL OF A SUDDEN???

I realise I'm probably doing the wrong thing by rising to this.....but since you don't like doing things in private we wont.
quote:
I'm just upset that you deleted my words. I don't think you had a right to do that
You didn't have the right to drag my thread off topic and into the ground.
You didn't have the right to abuse anyone in public. You didn't have the right to do these things then take the moral high ground and tell everyone that you're pissed off with people doing this to others.......

quote:
I believe that you deleted the post because you felt badly that something you started had gone in a negative direction.
Tru, it went in a negative direction but I figured you guys would have a fight somewhere else and I was hoping that your issues would have been resolved in private if I took away your fighting ground.....obviously I didn't realise that you have deep enough issues that you needed to create a new one to vent all your ill feelings, and make yourself feel better.
My opinion is that this is at the expense of others but hey it seems that my opinion has never been worth the server space it takes up.
I also didn't like being blamed totally, since it now seems quite obvious that you fully intended to cause a fight, since you've done again twice. I was pissed off that it was my thread that seems to have gotten a lot of deep seated issues to boil over.

quote:
If I had an opportunity to read other people's posts, perhaps I could better understand their opinions and feelings
Well perhaps if you'd bothered to get other people opinions and feelings then you'd have had a better understanding of their posts

quote:
I will never know who's upset with me,
A lot of us, but the people that care enough about your opinion will let you know and try to reconcile things. Everyone else will ignore it.

quote:
nor will I ever know why because you deleted both their and my words.
how many more times do I need to explain it, or is it that anyone with a point of view different to your own is ignored completely????

quote:
MANY people disagreed with my decision to go public with my personal gripe and I COMPLETELY understand their point of view
Understand it but ignore it totally, don't use the word selfish at me again.

quote:
And for that reason it will certainly be impossable to truely discuss and move on
And that's why you started 2 threads with specific aims to get people to bitch at each other?
Ok whatever.........so you're just gonna keep arguing till you win the argument in your head or whatever it is that you need to feel at peace with the world. (maybe your dreams will come tru and they'll ask you to be a mod so you can MAKE people do things the way you want)
That's your problem, sadly it's now other peoples'

All of a sudden I'm happy it's my last day

I don't rebel against the system, I created it for the misery of others.

Page: