roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I was just thinking....It's common to have those dreams where you're falling helplessly but I was just wondering, because I always wake up before I hit the ground.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
what about if you don't wake up?

like if you bounce, or you splatter and the dream continues?

The last time i had a falling dream... I started flying before i got to the ground! other dreams have continued "without" me!

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
It's almost always the same flight of steps I fall down, regardless of where I am in the dream! Think I remember them from school, it's only a flight of about 6 or 7 steps but in the dream I take ages to fall down them! It's really wierd when that happens. I had a dream the other night where I got hit by a truck and woke up.

I also often have extremely surreal dreams, where it's like I can recognise some bits of the landscape but not others, there are characters I feel like I know and missions i'm on e.t.c. it's all very strange. I like dreams.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i dont think i've ever had a falling dream.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I often dream I fall because of someone else, like in a car with someone else driving and we go over a cliff and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Most of the time though, we fall for a very long time, or I just cut to another dream,and still as my dream self I wonder weather we ever hit the ground or not. So kind of like a dream within a dream.

Apparently falling dreams are supposed to symbolise either a release, a recovery, pressure or curcumstances beyond our control... depending on the context though.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
i have heaps of dreams of falling and i always hit the ground and jolt awake and get such a fright hehe its funny when ppl stay over and it happens ubblol ...the other night i dreamt i accidently burnt my house down ooooops

hug me!

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Careful you don't do it in real life! I deamed my primary school burnt down when I was six and then it was on the news in the morning that it had actually happened! Even my mum was unsettled by that premonition. I doubt anyone in my family would have believed me if I hadn't told them about the dream before they heard the news.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
if you hit the grounds in ur dreams ur supposed to die apparently

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Written by: curiosity toastied the cat

if you hit the grounds in ur dreams ur supposed to die apparently

I wonder who found this out.. and how they managed to tell someone else biggrin

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Haha! *hi-fives Mark*

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
lol yeah one of those...... maybe it was some freaky scientists?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
In all honesty I don't wake up. i hit the floor, (seriously good feeling) and carry on asleep. In fact my favourite dream involves me landing after a fall. It is almost orgasmic the whole body feeling of hitting the deck in your dream
hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I think you just have a surge of adrenaline. coz it feels very similar I never wake from a dream falling i love them.. hug ubbloco

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I often have dreams when i fall, and i wake suddenly, just before i hit the ground in a sweat and all shakey.

Rather an odd feeling, not necessarily unpleasent, just very odd.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

EpsilonKiasNote to self... Fur + Fire = Hurt.
107 posts

Posted:
I hit the ground... Its kinda strange because In the dream I often have an OBE* of my dream self after my dream self hits the ground... It's quite strange really. I float over my dreamself for a few seconds then wake up

*OBE= Out of body experance

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i hate that thing when youre just going to sleep and you dream of falling over or something and you wake up suddenly and it felt like you fell. apparently it's cos your heartrate slows down to quickly so your body gives your a shock but i hate it. feels like my legs dissapear down the end of youre bed while my body stays where it is ubbloco

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

EpsilonKiasNote to self... Fur + Fire = Hurt.
107 posts

Posted:
I kind like that feeling, but thats me ^_^

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i dream of falling sometimes, sometimes when my eyes are open and im lying in bed. or am i lieing in bed with my eyes closed but dreaming my eyes are open, either way sometimes my entire room will suddenly rush upwards and i will fall away through the floor of the house into a black void. ive never seen the ground though so i always wake up before i hit it. but ive got a feeling its not there to hit.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

IcerSILVER Member
just a shadow of my former self...
205 posts

Posted:
that falling and dieing thing is based on a theory that if u dream u die, like being hit ny a truck or falling really far, u die in real life b/c ur body believes its dead. but markmark right, if u die, how u can tell someone "hey, i just dreamed it and it happened!"
i always dream my teeth are falling out, i have to keep my teeth clamped together to hold them all in, i heard that that kind of dream is about control or something. i also dream i have ro run, either to or away from something, but my legs wont move, have to drag with my arms. i fly alot to, but normally have to flap my arms alot to gain altitiude, then i can soar, or i just off a building or tree first, then i dont have to flap.

It took a while, but once their numbers dropped from 50 down to 8, the other dwarves started to suspect Hungry.

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
I find that if i have a dream where I'm falling, I just keep falling and it feels really good. confused

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
i had a dream that i was killed i had to be stabbed with a special crystal then later they had to bring me back to life ...and well..im here now and i assure you im breathing and have a pulse.so hmf to that theory shrug
EDITED_BY: ezz (1118893959)

hug me!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Written by: yoni

i hate that thing when youre just going to sleep and you dream of falling over or something and you wake up suddenly and it felt like you fell.

Yes! I called them 'weird 2 second dreams'. We're you're walking along and you suddenly trip on something, or a dog barks at you or something. I hate them at the time but once I'm awake I kind of smile about it.

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
I've had muscle spasms related to dreams. Like flinching when you hit something? Wakes me up, not fun.

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz