anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
i found some natural lamp-oil here (no parrafine stuff)... the sellsman says it can be swallowed safely (the body can take it all, just like olive-oil) though if you take too much you can get diarree... but no cancer and all the other stuff you can get from colemans or parrafin when firebreathing...

meaning it's less dangerous for fire-breathing... I never heard of the stuff, didn't even knew it existed... but it does... anyone has ANY expierence?

it all sounds too good to be true... because it's ALL-natural...

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
As with other things, all natural doesnt necessarily mean all safe. Ive never really heard of the stuff youre talking about either so I cant really comment too much on it, but perhaps its similar to the bio-diesel we have here in the states?

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
no, it's different than biodiesel... when I get my hands on the stuff ill hope to tell what it is exactly

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
It's worth emphasising that the hazards of fire-breathing fall into two broad camps; long-term damage from the toxic fuels, like lung problems and cancer; and then the problems with breathes that go wrong ie facial and internal burning from blow-backs etc.

While the fuel in question will, if it exists, assist with the first camp (and that is good); it will do nothing at all to cut the risks of the second.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Thanks onewheel, im totally aware of that smile

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
In a search for 'safer' firebreathing fuels I've been looking for this stuff for a long time, essentially natural oils are obtained from simple extraction techniques rather than modern fuel oils such as kerosene / parafin from petroleum distilates,

The three types of natural oils that I have tried are olive oil, cod liver oil and castor oil. Olive oil or variants of are by far the least expensive and easiest oil(s) to obtain.

And while they are essentially non toxic, the ignition properties make these fuels very difficult to work with, very high flash point, can't claim to have tried them with fire poi so I wouldn't know about the suitability for such.

But so far as fire breathing with these fuels is concerned, i found from personal experience that the material is incredibly difficult to apserate and light, others may have different experiences with it, but I gave up on it and went back to either high purity parafin or particular brands of high purity lamp oil(s)

However if you find differently, please let me know as I would be very interested in your findings,

Not too sure if I understood your original post correctly, assuming I did however colemans aka (white gas) is not a suitable material (fuel) for firebreathing,

mark