Forums > Social Chat > CRIKEY!!! Ive missed a lot :shocked:

Login/Join to Participate

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Hey there all you fire-loving peeps!

Sorry ive been absent for so long, im touring a bit of Africa at the mo: Flew out to Kenya 3rd May, spent 5 weeks building two new classrooms for a priumary school that quite literally has no facilities apart from their writing books and the tables they lean on. We also helped the staff with teaching (7 teachers to 387 kids in 5 rooms!) and sports.

At the mo im at a camp site in Kampala (capital of Uganda) 1 week into an East Africa safari - we visited a couple national parks in Kenya, doing some white water rafting on the nile and bungee jumping here, Moutain Gorilla trekking in the Rwandan rainforests, those are just a few of the things we are up to. We're off to Tanzania and Zanzibar too later on and ill be back home 13th July.

Needless to say im having a wicked time.....except ive met no other poi-ers! Shocking I know!

You may have to wait to hear more from me co of course the net out hear is next to useless! But ill try to get back on at some point and tell you more if yoiu're interested (or feel free to PM me).

........is there another Falmouth coming up?

Happy poi-ing peeps biggrin
FB x

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
indeed there is another fal... its in the events section smile

hopes your having loads of fun out there biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
ooo wow how come ur doing that then? You volunteer?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Sounds amazing, I'm so jealous!

You'll be back in time for Falmouth 4, its 21st July onwards.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Yeah, just got myself on the list.

Yeah, I was a volunteer, first 5 weeks there were 14 of us working at the school. Now im on a safari with my project group and a Ugandan project group, and we're just touring all over the place really - fantastic

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
sounds wicked smile

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
oooo wanna know if I can do summat like that

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
wow flameboy, not heard from you in a while, thats where u went! hehehe, hope your having an amazing time, i know im jelouse bounce

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
aaaaaaaaaannnnnd....back in the country is where I am!!!!

Glad to be home and looking forward to Falmouth....... .........buuuuuuuuut sad not be in Africa any more, I was really getting used to it and liking it (living simply), and now im back to being surrounded by street noise, bright lights and an air of arrogance around everyone I pass that I had never noticed before. Its definately weird, and im not sure I like it.

But im sure it'll pass and I'll return to being dependant on electricity, drinkable water, and a toilet (the fact that it flushes aswell is a bonus!)

Everyone else having a good time?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Welcome back to blighty!

I'm sure falmouth will make up for being back in UK......6 sleeps bounce