• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > apologies for repeating possibly?

Login/Join to Participate

boardies
BRONZE Member since May 2005

Total posts: 40
Posted:Okay, I honestly honestly honestly honestly have done all sorts of searches and things to find out what the spinning scene is like in London. I have also put my name on the 'meet fellow poisters in your area thingy'. You see I'm moving down to London at the end of the month and would love to join a club or meet up with fellow spinners, to generally have a laugh and make new friends. If anyone has got any pointers or tips on where to go, I'd really appreciate that. As yet, I know noone in London - so it's all a bit daunting. As I said, I have done all sorts of searches and been unable to find any relevent stuff - I know that's me probs being useless, but just thought I'd mention it, 'cos I'm always scared of posting topics now as I always get shouted at for not searching! So I'm sorry if a million people have already asked this question before...... XXX

Delete Topic

Gnor
BRONZE Member since Mar 2003

Gnor

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 5814
Posted:spitz

I will bump it too..meet others....

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Delete

ado-p
GOLD Member since May 2004

ado-p

Pirate Ninja

Total posts: 3882
Posted:And this one too

smile

Love is the law.

Delete

Sir Nuggit

Sir Nuggit

....is a liability

Total posts: 899
Posted:Do a search for Clapham and Spitz.

Which part of London are you blessing with your northern presence? Work/study/change of scenery?

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

Delete

Gnor
BRONZE Member since Mar 2003

Gnor

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 5814
Posted:That ones better..it has Pink ubblove

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Delete

Mr_Chutney
SILVER Member since Apr 2003

Mr_Chutney

Tosser

Total posts: 1711
Posted:Hi boardies- this is probably something that you'd want to post in Help rather than chat, but its all good, I dare say it'll get moved.

If you're new to London do these things-
Go to Clapham
Go to Spitz

You will meet poiple in no time at all, you will have lots of fun and your level will improve very very quickly.

Enjoy yourself- you have no idea how lucky you are- the poiple in london are some of the nicest I've met anywhere. biggrin

Delete

Mynci
BRONZE Member since Apr 2005

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Total posts: 8737
Posted:just to add some randomness I was born in London and occasionally pop back to visit family...hello, now just a short drive down M3 in Southampton.
Have fun.... weavesmiley

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

boardies
BRONZE Member since May 2005

Total posts: 40
Posted:Thanks everyone for all this information! Really up for meeting up and making friends and spinning, little nervous 'bout it all but I really need to stop being such a wuss! Mr Chutney - thanks for the tips, sorry about posting in the wrong place. Nuggit - not sure where abouts exactly yet - we move out on the 30th (this month!) and so far have no where to live and no job! So if anyone has any tips...... I'm a directionless soul, moving with my girlf for a change of scenery and with the hope of finding some inspiration! B xxx.

Delete