Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Heya HoPers

This is an invitation to all who enjoy to create. Every Wednesday night for the next 3 months or so we will be holding an open session of contact dance, live music, impromptu physical theatre, juggle jamming and playful machines. You are more then welcome to come and share your art, whatever it may be (please try to be space conscious though) The venue is at Visible Ink >, which is in the Valley at 139 constance St, about a block from the train station. The doors are open from 7pm or so. In addition to the space, we also have access to the free use of insured equipment such as digital cameras, tripods, minidisk recorders, data projectors & laptops (hope to find some keen VJ’s to come play). The concept here is to have a space where people from very diverse fields can get together and interact, play and network. There will be NO cost, and tea and coffee are provided. Please bring you own milk or bean juice, respect for others, and responsibility for yourself. This morphing event is brought to you by InnerActive Entertainment, proudly supported by Brisbane City Council.

If anyone needs my mobile number (eek mobile? what happened to that hippy?!) just drop me a PM.

Love & Stuff hug

Kyle

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I'll be up for a few sessions!!! biggrin

in between work and all.

hug hug hug

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile
Kewl
Be good to see ya there!
Sorry Miriam and I couldn't make it to your place the other night, we had din dins with my folks all set up. At least dad is a VERY good cook kiss

A) it does feel as good

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
we will endevour to come back to brizzy before this ends smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Bring some of your mad scientist shape recognition software with you ubbloco

A) it does feel as good

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Kyle you didn't tell me about this last night . Pm on the way

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
But Puk, I told you about it on Sunday night remember? confused

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
I was a bit off in the clouds on Monday Pukster.
Hope to see a few folks around tonight biggrin
I will post a bit of an explanation about what Morphing is when I've got a bit more time on me hands. Crazy stuff...
hug hug

A) it does feel as good

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Sorry I didn't make it this week Kyle. My throat being all scratchy and glandy, I thought I'd give myself a chance to rest and be up to playtime again ASAP. But I'll definitely be there next week! See you monday though... or maybe saturday night for the refugee gig thingamy at the zoo (Doch etc). Anyone else coming to that?

"Be the Bunny"

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Saturday night i was bowling ? , Oh yeah i thought it just talk about things down the road .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
oops make that the following wednesday, as this wednesday is moonfest

"Be the Bunny"

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
yea, I noticed that clash frown
I would love to just go to moonfest but I need to be @visible-ink to open the doors and let in any mad souls who have not gone to moonfest. Hoping to get away early so I can still come though. Lol oh well...
This was the first week I got to hear some live music in the space and the accoustics are just lush. Have quite a few musos lined up for the 29th (that's the week after moonfest), so that will be a good week for intrested ppls to check it out biggrin
Get well soon Jen hug
Not gonna make it too see Doch, have gigs Sat night. Stay tuned for some 3wishes shows w/ Doch down the track though. It's all in the works...

A) it does feel as good

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Tell us more about Saturday night and the Doch thing Jen...

I mean, Zoo, Doch, Saturday,is probably all we need to know really but... awww. go on.....

And me, yep I'm up for WEDNESDAY nights out. GoOtta make a big effort to leave the house on these cold nights though, with the log fire and all.... Hmmm I think I shall have to have some soup n spin nights, wadya reckon.....

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
from the zoo website:

SAT 18
WORLD REFUGEE DAY CONCERT - DOCH, ROD QUANTOCK, THE SERENITY, SUZIE CONROY $15/12 / DOORS 8.30PM

This years concert celebrates the courage of refugees and asylum seekers with performances from DOCH, The Serenity, Suzie Conroy with Naomi Erickson and Melbourne comedian Rod Quantock, described as thestand up version of cartoonist, Michael Leunig.Money raised will go to the following organisations to support the campaign to close Baxter detention centre.
www.rac-qlg.org.au and www.barc.org.au

8.50 – 9.20 SUZIE CONROY with NAOMI ERICKSON
9.35 – 9.45 IAN RENTOUL
10.00 –10.30 ROD QUANTOCK
10.45 –11.40 THE SERENITY
12.00 -12:45 DOCH

"Be the Bunny"

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Sounded like a fine night. Doch is such good value...
Speaking of which, we should have some very talented music people coming to check things out manyana. If anyone is free it should be a very nice vibe ubblove ubbrollsmile biggrin

A) it does feel as good

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I'm planning on coming Wednesday night. Don't know what for or what to do... but lets see! I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired! GOtta just get out anyway.. only lasted an hour at juggle club last night though.... frown

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Yea come along, I'll even bribe you with a massage wink

This is something I've been thinking about though, I'd like ppls to feel free to come along, have a cuppa, chill out, listen to the music etc
Not HAVING to do anything...

A) it does feel as good

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Oooooooh Kyle, It's gotten to 9 pm and I've just done dinner and the this and that... and you know how much it's raining outside. Cats and guinea pigs! And by the time I get there you may well all have gone home and all. I'm am sorry to be such a wretched piker... massage.... mmmmmm... I think I can safely say I will be over next week.... to chill..... play some little bit percussion.....

RoseamsterdamBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey Kyle!
Its so funny that I saw your post here! Im the girl from amsterdam (rose) who stayed at your place 1 night, remember? after brissie we went to byron and nimbin, stayed there (too long!) for a while, and then went up the east coast again. Unfortunately we only stayed 1 night in brisbane, thats a shame because it would be great to visit you all again at southbank, at the stadium. me and davey had a great time with all of you, greetings to your house mates (are they still wearing the pink shirt??) well anyway, see you again maybe somewere on the planet xxxx rose ps my poi is getting better!!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Hey Rose! Did you guys end up going fruit picking?? Davey must have never wanted to see another pair of thongs ever ubblol Where in the world are you lovelies now?

Ryan

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
hey chaps howzit going for Wednesday? I really hope to make it there this week... chill, enjoy, play..... wave

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Hey Rosie! Great to hear from u. I've been neglecting HoP of late, so I hadn't checked this thread for a while. Was great having u guys here and u are welcome to stay again anytime smile

The Sessions have been going off of late. Object manipulators, musicians, contact dancers, eclectic electronica'ists have all been found loitering...

It looks like in a month or so we may shift to a bigger better space and a Sunday afternoon time slot. B4 that happens we'lll be having a night where pp can stay as late as they want (10pm is the usual closing time) and loadsa food ubbloco.

I'll try to keep this updated as soon as I can confirm venue shifts etc

Love & Stuff, ubblol
Kyle

A) it does feel as good

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ahhh sounds great Kyle! Sorry we couldn't stick around the other night... will make it along at some point for sure biggrin and that late night with yummy food one sounds awesome!

...and hope you've had a chance to chill and play gitar and relax and stuff after your big day.... you looked a little zapped hug .:*:.HUGS.:*:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*