• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > whats your favourite pet and why?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
Total posts: 4308
Posted:as an actual pet, i think dogs because they help protect you and are loyal, fun, and can be taken places easily.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

just a shadow of my former self...
Total posts: 205
Posted:i had a long string of cats and dogs growing up, i love them both, one flat i was didnt allow pets, so we had a pet spider, (spidy), we use to feed it, was quite fun, placing a helpless fly into its web and watchin it run out and grab it. a friends also had some pets sharks, then got some piranha to go with his fresh water fish...then he the piranha got hungry and he had no more fish...i heard they ate the sharks too, but think thats rubbish, coz one is fresh water the other salt, but they were still mean little fish.

It took a while, but once their numbers dropped from 50 down to 8, the other dwarves started to suspect Hungry.

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8735
Posted:I keep fish, Mine would have his diddy little piranha when he's all growed up. My bestest pet is my knife-fish (grows to 3 feet long approx 1metre) and can take off a mans leg. and he can jump a bit too.hehe my girlfriend's too scared to feed him and he's only a baby but capable of taking off a finger.
I also think my rats are top. smart little buggers, and really affectionate, they recognise my car coming and come out to meet me (bit like a dog but much smaller) hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Total posts: 1359
Posted:*sigh* One day I want to live somewhere with lots of native reptile species... my favourites are geckos (all kinds!), frilled neck lizards and australian bearded dragons, so I'm very jealous of all you aussies tongue

My gecko is an Egyptian species though... terrestrial, only 3" long including his tail!! So cute ubblove
He thinks he's a crocodile though biggrin

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

The Tea Fairy
The Tea Fairy

old hand
Total posts: 853
Posted:I love most animals. I'd love to have a horse, a couple of dogs and a couple of cats. I like rats too. Geckos are really cute. I've grown up with loads of animals in the house, but right now we're renting and have been unable to get permission from the landlord to keep pets. Our landlord is selling our house at the moment, when we know for sure where we're living for the next year I'll be campaigning to get a kitten.

I think the one thing I'm looking forward to most about buying my own house eventually is i'll be able to keep all sorts of animals! Miss my furry friends very much.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

now comes with skydiving license
Total posts: 1627
Posted:Yeah all animals r cool but i think either a llama, aardvark or gopher would be a cool pet to have.......y??? welllll y not???

i mean how often do u see people taking their pet llama for a walk down the street?!

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
Total posts: 933
Posted:Hamsters, how can you say no to those adorable little fuzzballs?

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

The cutest creatures in the whole world!

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3136
Posted:my favourite pet is the one which isn't born

why? I'm not hijacking another thread, you can PM me if you prefer smile

Draco Iracundia
Total posts: 784
Posted:dont they eat hamsters in chilli?

I wanted a barra for a while, as they are fun to feed. My boss had some outside his office as it was a touristy place, feeding bits of prawn was cool. It would swim up and take the food from your fingers soooo fast.

Shu, those scorpians sound cool! are they hard to look after?

Do we sleep when we die?

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8735
My hampster is an evil genius I evenwent as far as to padlock her cage and she still gets out!
The first time I was awoken at 5am witha scrabbling in the wall cavity only to have to go collect her from the loft.
The "nd time she escaped I set up box traps, i.e a deep plastic box with smooth insides and a little stairway lined wiith food.
The plan being that she walked up the stair and into thebox with water and lots of yummy treats.
The little bugger ate the food on the stair went in the "inescapable box" (inside height 50cm) ate all the goodies, spilt the water and when I got home had hidden again.
I have since found her AGAIN. (lucky coz not a lot of people find a lost hampster let alone TWICE)

The moral of this story is if you name your hampster Kevin make sure it's a boy first coz even if it is a great name they get revenge..... ubblol
(p.s don't the look like bears when they stand up) ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Page: 12