Forums > Social Chat > Contact killed my staff...

Login/Join to Participate

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
...though I suppose non-contact is a more accurate description of what I've been doing. Which mainly involved dropping my staff. I finally figured out this morning that it's a hell of a lot easier if you go a lot slower, and after a few days of throwing my staff into the ground at some speed (not intentionally), I was just about getting somewhere. I then dropped my staff quite slowly, and split the shaft
I'm now in mourning. Until I get a new length of wood.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

ZaphodBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
I know for sure. My first wooden fire staff went through the trama of being dropped until it cracked, and I learned. Now my second wooden staff is having trouble because I didn't seem to get the screws in there tight enough, or something. Im in desperate need of a new wooden staff construction idea. I'm too much of a stubborn bastard to switch to a metal staff, I just like the wooden ones too much!

DON'T PANIC

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Three words.

Inner core staff

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

ZaphodBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
I will probably get one once I have the money, although I must admit I am a bit reluctant. Can you palm spin it? I read somewhere on here a while back that the handle was a bit hard to palm spin with. But other than that they seem to be pretty sweet?

DON'T PANIC

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
I did not get one from this site I got one from a shop in London. Its weight allows it to be really good for contact moves. Palm spins are easy, they seem to just keep going round and round. Also you have less problems with degrading and warping through use.

However if you want an opinion of the inner core staff home of poi sell then you will have to ask someone else!

I hope that is some use to you and hopefully someone will reply with better info for you

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Please sit tight and one of the Home of Poi sales team will deal with you directly.

Where is that damn cat?
Hey 7 this customer (both discerning and valued) was interested in a new staff. Perhaps you could show him the range that you carry . . .

Meh

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I repaired my staff Couldn't wait for one to be delivered all the way from NZ! Although I am gong to be getting one of those fancy concentrate staffs soon (hopefully). And my old staff is being recycled as a pair of short doubles. Good job it was quite long to start with.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Zaphod, Jez,

is an "inner core" staff a wooden one with a metal rod down the center, or what?

Jephyre,

congrats on gettin ya staff fixed up! much good flame may it spin ya.

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
three words

titanium homemade staff...
is that three words? i need sleep...

anyone got a light?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
how about

home made staff?

that's 3 words.

Meh

ZaphodBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
Hmmm...don't have much knowledge about the Inner core staff other than whats listed in the HoP shop. So I don't know if it has any wood in it or not....*runs off to the shop*...nope it has a fiberglass core.

Jez, is your staff made by the same company? Are they essentially the same staff?

Titanium staff, I'd like to make one for sure. I don't think I have the access to the right tools and such. Maybe one day.

7 hmmm....where is that cat?

DON'T PANIC

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
As far as I know an inner core staff has a core of wood with metal ends to prevent you staff from going up in flames when you just want the wicks to burn...

I suppose the core could be made of anything that works but the point essentially of dave's staff is that it wont bend and because there is wood in it the metal ends once again prevent the wood burning or getting too hot.

The staff is home made very carefully and sold in the juggling shop in london it has no relation to home of poi that I know of but it still is a great staff! I'm buying mine today if they have it!!!!!!!!

Much love to all, Drome

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay then how about homade...

no that just looks wrong. i never said i was any good at this english stuff. actually i suck at it. better in math.

2 plus 2 times 2 is 6...

anyone got a light?

ZaphodBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info Malcolm, now I'm convinced. I'll be putting in my order very soon.

Wood staffs are great and all, they just don't have longevity like a fire toy should.

One last question if anyone knows. How are the short Inner Core's for use as doubles?

Thanks everyone.

DON'T PANIC