Forums > Social Chat > Have your say on the party scene

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FlashburnSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
heya people this is the part where you can have a talk about what you think of as your best partys or events youve been to n compare them with others or even get new ideas for raves n fests in the future, have your say on what you think makes a perfect party

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i read this on another site posted by a good friend of mine.

please read it in full!!!
EDITED_BY: ravehead (1118351984)

7,193 posts

Posted:
titled..... "RAVERS MANIFESTO" posted by mogli

our emotional state of choice is ecstasy.

our nourishment of choice is love.

our addiction of choice is tecnology.

our religion of choice is music.

our currency of choice is knowledge.

our pollitics of choice is none.

our socioty of choice is utopian, though we know it will never be.

you may hate us.

you may dismiss us.

you may misunderstand us.

you may be unaware of our existence.

we can only hope that you would never care to judge us,because we would never judge you.

we are not criminals, we are not disillusioned, we are not drug addicts, we are not naive childeren. we are one massive, global, tribal village that trancends man made law, physical geography and time itself.

we are the massive, one massive.

we were first drawn by the sound, from far away. the thundrerous, muffled, echoing beat was compairable to a mothers heart soothing a child in her womb of concrete, steel and electrical wiring.

we were drawn back into this womb, and there, in the heat, dampness and darkness of it, we came to accept that we are all the same. we came to accept we are all equal. not only in the darkness and to ourselves, but to the very music slamming into us and pasing through our souls.

we are all equal, and some where around 35Hz we could feel the hand of god at our backs, pushing us forward, pushing us to push ourselves to strengthen our minds, our bodies and our spirits. pushing us to turn to the person beside us to join hands and uplift them by shairing the uncontrollable joy we felt from creating this magical bubble that can, for one evening, protect us from the horrors, atrocities, and pollution of the outside world.

it is in that very instant, with these realizations that each of us was truely born.

we continue to pack our bodies into fields, clubs, warehouses, or buildings you've abandond and left for naught, and we bring life to them for one night. strong, throbbing, vibrant life in its purest, most intence, most hedonistic form. in these makeshift places we seek to shed ourselves of the burden of uncertainty for a future you have been unable to stabilize and secure for us.

we seek to relinquish our inhibitions, and free ourselve from the shackles and restaints you've put on us for your own peace of mind. we seek to rewrite the programming you've tried to indoctrinate since the moment we were born. programming that tells us to hate, tells us to judge, that tells us to stuff ourselves into the nearest and most convenint pidgeon hole possible.

programming that even tells us to climb ladders for you, jump through hoops and run through mazes and on hamster wheels. programming that tells us to eat from the shiny silver spoon you are trying to feed us with, instead of nourishing ourselves with our own capable hands. programming that tells us to close our minds instead of opening them.

until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of the world you've created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celibration of our life, of our culture and the values we believe in :- peace, love, freedom, tolerance, unity, harmony ,expression, responsibility and respect.

our enimy of choice is ignorance.

our weapon of choice is information.

our crime of choice is breaking and challenging any laws you feel you need to put in place to stop us from celibrating our existance.

but know that while you may shut down any given party, on any night, in any given city, in any given country or continent on this beautiful planet, you can naver shut down the entire party!!!!

you don't have access to that switch, no matter what you think.

the music will never stop.

the heartbeat will never fade.

the party will never end.

i am a raver and this is my manifesto biggrin
EDITED_BY: ravehead (1118498962)

7,193 posts

Posted:
deep or what???? cool

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
You forgot to mention the come down the next day though wink

HOUSE IS A FEELING!!!!!

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

7,193 posts

Posted:
what about the come down???

did i mention extasy as a drug??? read it again

"our drug of choice is tecnology"

i'm trying sooo hard not to explode with rage, partly 'cos i'm half cut but thats just the type of ignorance i get from chavs

EpsilonKiasNote to self... Fur + Fire = Hurt.
107 posts

Posted:
The parties around here are nothing but crappy country parties and some local bands... Tho I have gone to a few good raves in the past...

I hate living in the midwestren US. I MUST MOVE TO A MORE ACTIVE AREA *moves to a more active area* ubbrollsmile\

I have the ravers manifesto saved on my computer... It's one of my favroite documents ^_^

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
The Manifesto kicks ass...

Btw here in slovakia I found we have a deeep psy scene.. Really good trance parties, GMS are here this weekend and Haltya in two weeks.. pity that I won't be on any of these.. ugly work..: ((

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
Ravehead.

I agree totally with what is said in the Maifesto. I've been into the scene since 92, when raves were raves. Don't go so much now though, but it will always be a part of me.

What I was implying is that the majority of people at these parties are on something, and the feeling that you and everyone else there get is exactly what is described above.
I to was as passionate about the scene when I was big time into It. I suppose I see it in a slightly different light now thats all.

And as for the Chav thing, thats a bit harsh frown

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Hey, it's another Hayes person on the board! wave

I used to live up Shakespeare Avenue in Hayes last year. Managed to creep closer to West Drayton this year though.

I also used to rave, but not so much now. Is it just me, or are there so many more people who go to raves now but have bad, aggressive attitudes?

Thing is, I've moved on and away from my enormous group of mates who I used to go to raves with all the time, without them it doesn't feel safe any more. I always used to know how we'd be getting home and that they'd all help keep me safe, even if we were all wasted.

My boyfriend can't stand clubbing or raves any more, because all he can think about when we go out is other guys checking me out and trying to pull me. I dont even notice guys checking me out, I keep telling him I can say 'no' for myself if people hit on me, but for him it distracts from any kind of fun he may have.

The only exception was last year at a Tribe of Frog psi-trance party at the London Met Union. That was an awesome party. Amazing visuals and music, the best thing though was the crowd of friendly happy people and lack of attitude, and having some good friends there with me. Oh, and fire spinning, of course! smile

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
Small world. I live in Grosvenor Ave at the moment, but not for long am moving to Hampshire.

I agree with what you say about the scene now. That's why I don't go so often.
But then everyone who goes now will say the same thing in a few years time.

I can still remember my first big warehouse party, it was the most amazing experience ever, still now not much can compare with it. The lights, music, and people all blended together in perfect harmony as one huge family.

When a person looked at you, male or female, you would go up to them, give them a big hug and say the 3 lines.
What you on?
Where you from?
Who you up hear with?
You would ask their name but forget as soon as they said it to you.

No one cared what you looked like, how you were dressed, or how good your dancing was. You could go up to any one and start talking to them,
I used to spend most of my time walking around talking to people.

So if anyone out there used to go to Helta Skelta, Elevation, World dance, Roller express etc. I've probably said those 3 magic lines to you.

Even writing about it now has got me going on one. Man do I miss those days, but as I said in my first post, not the 3 day come down.

peace

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I've been to Helta Skelta and evolution a few times, so maybe I have bumped into you before! My sister got me into happy hardcore eek when I was about 13, then I moved on through Drum and Bass/jungle. Jungle is still probably my favorite music for dancing about to, but unfortunately seems the scene now attracts some really arrogant, unfriendly people.

I really miss those days too! hug It's not even the comedowns that stop me as I've always tried to use substances in moderation, I haven't burnt out yet, just lack the big group of friends who used to make me feel safe.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
It's a shame the rave scene isn't what it used to be, Not sure if it's the music, people or the drugs but there is something missing.

Just glad I was there when I was.

To all the old skool ravers out there hug grouphug hug2

Thanks for making it what it was.

The tea Fairy

How spooky, just noticed you registered only 3 days before me
EDITED_BY: kiteman (1118431308)

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
oooh, moving to hampshire? Mass and RI have a decent rave scene........ lucky dog. and here i am stuck in MI yick and cali didn't actually have a decent trance scene and here i've gotten so picky.... anyone know anything about toronto?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

7,193 posts

Posted:
hey peeps, thank you all for your great responces!!!!

good to see the "old skool" ravrs standin up to be counted, apparently the rave scene in 2005 is up 1000% since 2003.
people (in my oppinion0 are getting bored/ hacked off paying £15 to get in to a club only to find the musics boreing/sh*t. plus the atmosphere at an open air rave is un-comparable.... i mean, where else would you find a 1000+ peeps all in 1 place for the same reason?
as the manifesto says "the party will never die" what ever style your into..... remember....keep it real and have respect

7,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: kiteman

Ravehead.

I agree totally with what is said in the Maifesto. I've been into the scene since 92, when raves were raves. Don't go so much now though, but it will always be a part of me.

What I was implying is that the majority of people at these parties are on something, and the feeling that you and everyone else there get is exactly what is described above.
I to was as passionate about the scene when I was big time into It. I suppose I see it in a slightly different light now thats all.

And as for the Chav thing, thats a bit harsh frown

sorry chap...it's just i spent copying this word for word i reacted badly to any comment i thought negative at the time,

you aitn a chav... how would i know ? with out judging!

forgive me please hug

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
Ravehead

No worries dude all is forgiven.

By the way your avatar rocks.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Can I just talk about the best party I've been to? Does it have to be a rave? Hehe

Every year we have swimming sports..All the school competes for points etc...everyone dresses up in their colours etc.

It is tradition for the yr 12's to have a party the night before and turn up pretty yukky the next day.

It was the party of the year I reckon. Everyone agrees. Just about all of the year 12s were there, everyone quite drunk and having fun. Everyone spoke to everyone and danced with people they've never danced with before. All of these people spoke to me who I haven't spoken to for a while.

I don't know, it was just fantastic because everyone bonded and had a really good time. The father of the girl having the party told her that it had to finish at 12, but it didn't matter! The party finished but it was such a good night.

Coming up soon we have the althetics sports, same deal but athletics...I wonder who will have the pre party....and how it will go. smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Written by: kiteman

By the way your avatar rocks.

Ditto. I can't stop staring at it

7,193 posts

Posted:
hypnotic aint it!!!!

i chose this avatar because for me it symbolises the peace and oneness that is poi

i put it as a background on my pooter and tiled it so i had lots of them covering my screen, now THAT was fun to watch whilst listening to dance music haha
EDITED_BY: ravehead (1118573418)

FlashburnSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
great insitefull manifesto ravehead n good to see others keepin rave alive.

although the rave scene in the uk is not as good as it was back in the day its still good to see that it still means something to some people, which isnt gettin into drunken fights n worrying what "the man" will do next to try n spoil are fun.

An event id like to mention is a recent uplifting of hardcore over in holland what ran on a pure love and passion for the music and dance with people pokin fun at the prospect of gettin into a fight

The event "Hardcore Revival" payed respect to what a raver truly is with pure bass flowing throughout the crowd and such high points as three djs goin at it in harmony together whilst a few steps away lovers of hardcore goin nuts not a care for what others think of there own incarnations of dance.

7,193 posts

Posted:
sounds wicked!!!!! we have a little local hardcore scene once a month and its suprising to see so called "oldies" having a stomp along with the rest of us. yes the rave scene has changed but according to figures it is up 1000% since 2003. what i love is that you pay 1 pound (stearling) for the rig and drinks, be it beer or water is freely availible and very cheap. we need more of these events but the "man" local councils are cracking down and its harder to hold said events. all they are doing is driving us further underground and in the end we can only go so deep. i can not take credit for the manifesto (wish i could) but would count on all your support on keeping the party spirit alive!!!!

the party will never end and hardcore will never NEVER die devil grouphug

Fidensnewbie
8 posts

Posted:
I first went to a party in 1989, I guess eventually it's going to stop...
EDITED_BY: Fidens (1118640632)

Bender: I read the script, and I think it would help my character's motivation if he was on fire.

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Parties still happen every weekend in London and they're as good as they ever were (in my opinion anyway).

my favourite rigs:
https://www.ocb-party.net/
https://www.housebreakin.net/
https://www.headfuk.net/

The outdoor ones are going to be wicked this summer smile

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
How many times are they going to try to destroy the scene?!? I have had it and am ready to fight back!

https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/2...althy+Living%29

Seriously! Guns kill more people than parties! LA was stupid for not planning properly. EDC has a history of bungling everything with POOR planning and inappropriate venues!

It's easy to attack something you don't understand. It's even easier when the idiots in LA make no sense! Shut down the EDC! Leave the rest of us, that act more responsibly than any government agency, alone!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

HeedMay the fires of this world always burn bright!
38 posts

Posted:
I absolutely hate the poorly planned party scene. I don't care who your DJ's are, how many you have, what kind of music you have etc... if you don't plan for people overheating (for whatever reason) have plans for people misbehaving (IE fighting or being dangerous to everyone) and ample exits for emergencies and fresh air and what not then the party shouldn't even start and I have no qualms about it being shut down.

That being said, last year I was at a most awesome party. The music was amazing. The people who were hosting did things right, everything from preventing the party from getting over crowded to having tons of free water. (Not that the free part of the free water is important but they had it there) Sure it cost a fair amount to get in but man they did things right and I love that. What can I say I'm a fan of good organization skills as much as I'm a fan of some amazing glowsticking and bass!

The more enlightened man thinks he is the more foolish he proves himself to be.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Dear Party Scene,

Your pants are stupid.

Sincerely, yadda yadda, dictated but not read.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Dear Hippy Girl,

Get a bra!

Love, The party scene tongue2

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
I will when you do tongue2

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I'm not wearing booby shackles!

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Is it really so much worse than wearing totally unflattering fluorescent pink/green/orange spandex pants?

Page: