Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well I was wondering why alot of people dont like letting the rest of us know that they are online and more partiually on HOP. I just like knowing who is on especially if they are my friends. So why do you hide?

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
hmmmm, I started doing it cos I kinda liked the idea of floating into a conversation then floating away unnoticed.

Does it really bother people? If it does, I will stop.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
To stop people knowing I'm here (say for instance I owe thgem a tattoo design or sumfink).

Although I had to stop hiding as my little napalm fairy complained she didn't know i was online one time cos I wasn't on HOP. Only I was.

Meh

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well you did say you would draw me a tatt though you dont owe me anything. Would be nice though, my left calf is really feeling empty!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'll get back to it soon. That paris jaunt threw me off kilter.

Meh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Now you see me, now you don't. Actually, I remember why I did it at first. It was because there is no logout feature. So people tend to think I am here when I am not if I leave myself visable. And they get mad at me for ignoring them...

Ahhh well, heading off for early afternoon coffee in a moment. have fun kiddies!!

LapaireSILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
I lurk quite a bit too. I'm mostly just here to browse the technical threads and keep up to date on our little fire toy subculture.

...just me tho...

When there is no place that you have decided to call your own then no matter where you go you are always heading home -Soseki

2,905 posts

Posted:
Umm yes there is, you can log out, well atleast now you can

Dude C@ntus, no rush man

[ 28 September 2002, 15:15: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah and I was invisible for a bit cos i think that Rozi girl might be stalking me.

Shh, don't tell her i said anything.

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I've found that I'm quite the opposite. It's tough for me to listen to a conversation and not participate. Sometimes as a teaching exercise we will just watch others debate something from the outside just as observers (it's called a "fishbowl")... It's interesting but sometimes it drives me nuts.

Also, in classes, especially boring ones I NEED to participate. Otherwise I'll go crazy with boredom.

Then again, the extreme is those people who CONSTANTLY talk, utterly refusing to think "inside their head". Sometimes that can get disrespectfull too. Especially if it interrupts or discourages others from participating.

As a teacher I see all types. The kid who needs to talk to understand it, and the kid who's deathly afraid.

I usually will find the shyest kid and make them go to the front of the class and sing a song. Then I make the rest of the class point and laugh at them. Either that or the "let's all vote on who's the ugliest kid in the class" game...

[Kidding! I'm Kidding!]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
*shhhhhh, be vewy, vewy, quiet, I'm stalking C@ntus*

Actually, that whole deal only arose because I assumed we were having a long-distance relationship. Then it turned out that there was another little girl called Ros on the boards

BTW, NYC is the meanest cruelest teacher ever. If you are being bad in oneof his classes, he will confiscate a hair off your head (by plucking it off), and tell you to come and get it after class. If you are talking too much, he will draw a dot on the blackboard and tell you to stand with your nose on it, until he thinks your spirit is broken

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Rozi:
BTW, NYC is the meanest cruelest teacher ever. If you are being bad in oneof his classes, he will confiscate a hair off your head (by plucking it off), and tell you to come and get it after class. If you are talking too much, he will draw a dot on the blackboard and tell you to stand with your nose on it, until he thinks your spirit is broken
he...he did that to you too?
/cowers

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always