Cute Little Burning BallBRONZE Member
101 posts

Posted:
Hi!!! wave
i was wondering what is the name of a weave where you cross your arms (and leave them crossed through the whole trick) and makes some kind of weave, ive seen it in some videos ocassionally but dont actually know the name of it, it goes like something like this:

both right hand and left hand poi (both hands crossed: left hand ->right side, right hand ->left side) spin anticlockwise wallplanes rt hand poi btb and the lt hand poi in front of u. then u turn ur body 180 and do the same but other way around... both rt and lt hand poi spinning clockwise this time rt hand (still on the lt side) poi in front and lt hand (on rt side) poi btb... umm

god i got the feeling i dont even understand myself, hope some one can follow and help me out with this, whats the name of the move and how do i start it, like u can read i know the teory well or at least i think i do, but the practice part its being quite painfull and not a bit effective.

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Calvin 'Calvin & Hobbes'

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
There are a couple moves that sound like that to me, namely either "crossers" or" straightjacket" which are, I think, variations of what you've written. smile

I managed to get this a few weeks ago (yeah I'm slack but I practice in a small room for winter time ubbangel)

If you search for either of those terms you're sure to find something smile They're also very popular in glostring vids

*tucks hands into armpits and wobbles shoulders with imaginary sitdownatworkdesk poi* ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

101 posts

Posted:
thanx mate ill do a the search right away

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Calvin 'Calvin & Hobbes'

101 posts

Posted:
hmmm... i did a search on crossers and it seems to be a variation from a waistwrap where u carry ur poi over doing a 360 degree turn, and it isnt exactly what i meant... and then found nothing that could help me about the straightjacket besides some dead links frown

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
"Crosses" is technique when your hand stay crossed so "Crossed Weave: smile,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

101 posts

Posted:
this is so confusing, i just read a thread where it described the crosses like the waist wraps :S

so what im talking about are called Crosses Weave, offset weave, straightjacket or some other weave??? i think straightjacket its the most descriptive term anyhow would love some input on how to start this move cause its not working for me at all...

thanx

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
ok.. to clear up some confusion...

crossers...are just reels... with your arms crossed in some such way, rather than just at their normal uncrossed sides... its like a weave, but it isnt... because the poi stay in opposite planes.. thus no weaveage.. just reelage..

Sj's are like inverted reels... they are still reels.. and they are still spun at the sides but they have an inverted part in the middle where they crossover..

one final note.. you can weave each of these if you do like a 2bt (or for the adventurous ones 3bt) weaves.. in whihc case you are no longer doing a crosser..

a lot of glokids call them goofy or retarded weaves.. whihc again confuses me, since they aren't weaves..

finally, offset weaves, are crossers that are done as weaves instead of reels.. though many like to argue that offsets are only one particlar variation of it.. shrug

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

101 posts

Posted:
hmmmm i dont know if i should thank you for throwing some light upon this topic or for confusing me even more than i already was anyhow thanx mate hug

ive been going through my saved videos and the most clear explanation to what i mean is at minute 5:06 in the following video:

www.theworldofsmall.com/MissingInActon-Part1-TheSequel9mb.wmv

i think its from UCOF...

another thing. can someone tell me how can i even begin to learn such gorgeous a move?

thanx again
wink

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yep that's the one smile

The best way to learn how to do it is to watch the clip, Jon does them REALLY nicely. Keep your eye on the first poi entry and the second poi entry to get an idea of how it's structured. You'll get it much better after watching clips than having it described by text.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
Mmmmkay... I found how to do this l'il move by accident a few weeks back... I'll try and give a blow-by-blow account of how I get into it, spinning clockwise from the poisters perspective:

Start with a forward weave in the wall plane by your right side.

When your right hand goes to spin the circle under the left arm, carry it all the way back to your left side, under your left armpit to behind your left shoulder.

From this position, keeping your arms crossed, you should be able to keep both poi alternating, just like a regular split time reel.

Then learn it the other way and figure out the turns... which I haven't got round to doing yet... redface ...because I am slack.

Hope that helps.

smile
EDITED_BY: Gav486 (1118278394)

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

101 posts

Posted:
clap clap clap
thanx a bunch to you all

im off to hit myself... i mean practice

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
the other crosser thread - ignore the stuff about skirts and that and you have a pretty good explanation there (see toxic, icon, rev and bluecat's posts).

here is a picture of someone spinning crossers

nice explanation of hug/crosser entrance gav - love the sig by the way wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

101 posts

Posted:
sig...? wich sig?

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
I think he means mine. It's a line from "League of Gentlemen". I love that show!

And thanks for the props, Cole! biggrin
EDITED_BY: 486 (1118753103)

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
me too - my current sig is from the movie smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Explain it here why dontcha? wink
hug

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
its on some of the extended trailers so i assumed yours was a rhetorical question mr cough.

i will go correct my error now...

hug2

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
kiss

I hadnt seen the extended ones I think. The ending for all the trailers I have seen simply had Tubbs and her little brown fish.

smile

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
Ok... I feel kinda responsible for this, but:

offtopic

Anyway... I was wondering where you got your sig from. ubblol Can't wait to see the movie!