Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I in no means mean to take my anger out on those like Raymond Phule etc that frequent these pages but I have to get this off my chest.

Tonight i left the club that I have worked at for over 2 years now and went to get a kebab on the way home.

i bumped into some squaddies on the way hgome and had had a good conversation with them. As I got up to leave I met a fist from the person that was supposed to be their commanding officer. it hit me on the lip and I felt it but being 6ft I didnt go down, he was then shouting at me as his mates dragged him back, one of the friends I had been chatting to came back and talked to me and said 'he gets like this'.

Is this supposed to be some sort of reconcile???? I still have a fat lip and I know that I could have put any one of them on the floor with one punch.

I am just really angry at the moment and really wanted to share this with someone,

Mark

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
would it be fair to say, its not just squaddies but anyone with a violent nature in general??

*hugz* Mark darling, i hope your lip feels better soon! xoxxoxo Much love

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Yes thankyou flynt

I am in no means trying to group people under the forces together in this.

This is a one off incident (hopefully) where things have gone wrong, if I knew names then something more might be able to done but I am just angry.

I had had a wonderful night out and it only takes one person to spoil it I will let things settle and practice my btb weave

M

chairmenmeow47member
81 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Flynt:
would it be fair to say, its not just squaddies but anyone with a violent nature in general??

*hugz* Mark darling, i hope your lip feels better soon! xoxxoxo Much love

i agree, violent people suck! i've only felt the need to hurt somebody once or twice in my life... and with good cause. but there's no need for that. what happened to you was entirly uncalled for, and i would hope that isn't a reflection of what they stand for. i hope things get better, ::hugZ::

-ivy. = ^ )

Ralph, jesus did not have wheels.--sunday school teacher, the simpsons

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
First off whats a squaddie?

Second off, I would so press charges. That is unbecomming and a serius charge at that. I hold nothing against you for what happend based on what you said you were not doing anything wrong.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
The only time I've been hit in a public place has been by a drunken squaddie. Broke my nose! It still messes up 9 years later.

Ray: squaddie = military types = you

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Raymund Phule:
First off whats a squaddie?

Second off, I would so press charges. That is unbecomming and a serius charge at that. I hold nothing against you for what happend based on what you said you were not doing anything wrong.

Ray, my understanding is that the only person who doesn't have a C.O. is the President in the U.S., right?

So this guy MUST have a C.O., right? And that C.O. would probably want to hear about this, right?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

2,905 posts

Posted:
I was actually thinking about this post last night...

How old was this guy, a CO usually is a high ranking officer and they are late 30's early 40's. Could have been an their OIC Officer in Charge. Then again could have been a whole group of officers seen as how officers and enlisted dont mix too often.

Dude still my advice remains you should find out who he is where he works and file a formal complaint and definatly threaten leagle action.

Dont worry about offending me on something like this. But just to settle my curiosity would you please elaborate on bumping and your descussion after the so said bump?

They had no right ot hit you but maybe something you said pissed em off and they hit you. They should have had more controle but they didnt. I am not saying it was your fault but hey you might have deserved what happend.

Dom, knowing you, you probably deserved everything you got! Frankly if you were in America and said the wrong thing you should consider yourself lucky if all you got was a broken nose. Then again Dom's perfect and never says anything with out thinking first!

[ 28 September 2002, 13:07: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
quote:
Dont worry about offending me on something like this. But just to settle my curiosity would you please elaborate on bumping and your descussion after the so said bump?

They had no right ot hit you but maybe something you said pissed em off and they hit you. They should have had more controle but they didnt. I am not saying it was your fault but hey you might have deserved what happend.
Hi Ray - by bumping I wasnt meaning contact I just met them outside the kebab shop and we just chatted while we had our kebebs (dont know what about in particular)

I am happy to leave the situation up to karma to sort it out, it will be more hassle than it is worth to try and find out who he was and therfore get some kind of report to his CO.

I only posted last night because I was angry at the time and it is just asomething that will go down to experience.

It does still annoy me that there are people in this world who will act in this way though.

Mark.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Squaddies are any of the lower ranks in the British army (eg sergeant and below).

He was probably a sergeant with a group of corprals. Or something like that.

But if he was a commissioned officer then a complaint of violence against a member of the public could destroy his career.

Just a thought for you to mull.

Meh

2,905 posts

Posted:
C@ntus, your right, but the deminor of the officer is what is more important. Lessons must be learned. I must admit that we (Marines) get little slack when we get into fights with civilians, now if Alcohol is mixed in then it becomes super serius.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ooh no. I think you misunderstood Ray. I was trying to tempt him into pressing charges with the idea that it could ruin the guys life.

It was my malicious streak coming to the fore.

Meh

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
hi guys, not posted for ages but thought i'd pop my nose in on this one...

my boyfriend (yes that happy chappy spinning poi boy commonly found dancing in parks to plasticman) was for quite a few years what is known as a "squaddie" and yes he was a twat!

its like some kind of brainwashing thing quite scary really but now he's a different person and knows what caused it.

so i'd like to ask what squaddies really are? ar they truly roughheads with no respect throwing themselves into fights just for the sake of it... or are they simply kids thrown into a regime in which physical prowess is seen as all and sundry.

My brother gets into fights with squaddies regularly but thats cos hes a dafty!! he's just gone to cyprus (squaddie land) and hopefully wont get in too much trouble.

Mark I'm really sorry this happened to you, i'm still recovering from my staff stalking psycho so many many hugs to you

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
by "staff stalking" she means guy who jumped out of a bush and by "psycho" she means "she clubbed him over the head with her stave"

In case anyone was wondering.

Meh

2,905 posts

Posted:
C@ntus it probably wasnt an officer, but I agree with you press charges.

(Sole)Sparkfixerupera of strangness maximus
147 posts

Posted:
clubed in the head with a staff thats enough to destroy any thoughts of stalking a staff user

Mark sorry to hear of ur run in with wankers, ive had symilar experences only there wasnt guys to hold him back but to hold me, i coped a pounding
i say death to squaddies and rough heads alike.
yeah i agree with ray and c@ntus press charges

yay up to 5 beat weave only 4 more to get to 9 :P

2,905 posts

Posted:
Umm, I would be considered a Squaddie, maybe a little more tact could be used next time there Spark!

147 posts

Posted:
yeah but u dont count man you seem like a nice guy and besides i cant knock a fellow fire bro can i, well i guess my only run in with squaddies was that time

[ 29 September 2002, 21:53: Message edited by: (Sole)Spark ]

2,905 posts

Posted:
Me a nice guy? Wait till you get to know me!!

147 posts

Posted:
ummm ok then i guess ill hold my tongue from now on then

[scurries behind the chair]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You can be an officer from the age of 21 here. So he could still have been. But he was more than likely a corporal or similar.

Meh

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well if you have 4 years of college you can be an officer actually its a bachlors degree. How long OCS is I dont know.

Well I dont know if your army follows the same rules as our armed forces. It is illeagle for officers to fratonise with enlisted outside of shop or unit functions.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Squaddies? Where?

You should try living in Colchester, we have the biggest army barracks in the UK. It took me about half an hour a few months ago to get rid of this old guy in a pub who was trying to recruit me into the army. "Yeah, and that long hair of yours will have to go, between you and me I don't mind it, but everyone else will think you're a poof"

2,905 posts

Posted:
Why the English dont speek English is beyond me but what the hell is a poof?

C@ntus, by our rank structure a Corpral is the bottom level NCO, I bet its the same for yall seen as hour our rank structure is modled after yours.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
psssssst Ray.
A Poof, is a poofter, is someone of a homosexual nature.
okies?

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Fire_Emanatormember
96 posts

Posted:
ar all marines bad spelers??? do they no tich speling at armi skool?

Free your mind and your ass will follow!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Dont hate, my fingers move faster than my brain thinks!!

Fire_Emanatormember
96 posts

Posted:
thort so!

Free your mind and your ass will follow!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Shush or I'll be forced to say... Ni!

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
Dude that really sucks, I hope we see you tonight, fat lip and all.

If I'd have been there I'd definitely have tried to get his name and number, because I'm a git.

Karma will get to him in the long run, but someone still has to act as it's agent.

I know a couple of decent chaps who have joined the army. I know plenty of violent twats who haven't.

Magnus... pay it forward