Page:
SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
I lost my job in December.

I have been finding it really hard to find work, partly through my own faults, like not looking hard enough. But also because of my age. Also I have had a run of really bad luck that lasted for about 4 months.

I have been job hunting today as I am so desperate for a job. I finish my exams at the end of june and my parents can't keep paying for everything for me...

So i have done some thing i feel really bad about and i'd like other peoples views...

I applied for a job at McDonalds...

I feel like scum!

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
well i'll do three jobs if i can manage it. i love shopping so i need lots of money. lol.

THWACK!!!!

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Hey Ravehead,
I go to them, except Subversion! I'm in love with a guy from Krisis, you must've heard of them? First May bank holiday??

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
As a 16yo, its good to get some expirience in crap jobs so you appreciate things more, imo. I didn't do fast food- it woulda made me throw up. But I worked in a grocery store, a diner, and then bussed tables in a dive bar. Someone would take the job if you didn't.... you can only affect those places by not buying things *from* them. Don't get started working so many jobs so soon tho! I worked two jobs on and off from when I was young, and now I can't do it anymore and I'm only 20ish!! ^_^

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

IcerSILVER Member
just a shadow of my former self...
205 posts

Posted:
we can all knock mac's all we like, but someone has to work there to make the food, and as much as i hate mac's i love it! but i do think bk the best.

It took a while, but once their numbers dropped from 50 down to 8, the other dwarves started to suspect Hungry.

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
i have my first interview in 2 days. it sucks but having a job means i can come to the clapham meet in july. biggrin

THWACK!!!!

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
What's wrong with working at McDonalds? They're no worse than any other big company. They're just one of the biggest.

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug

Thanx! biggrin

THWACK!!!!

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Nowt wrong with wanting to pay your own way in the world.

Figure it this way; if every astrophysicist in the world dropped dead tomorrow, who cares. If every services provider like yourself did so, we'd seriously be in the brown stuff.

You're propping up the very fabric of society.

Um, mixed metaphor. (goes back to sleep)

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
hhmmm.....while i have a top that says 'mc sh*t' on it.....i guess ill forgive you, just coz at the maccas drive-through ,they have to serve anything with wheels....hehe you can imagine the fun you can have!!!

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Not true! They refused to serve me on my skates!! They said I had too many wheels. then they wouldn't let me in wearing skates, ....then wouldn't allow me in wearing no shoes..!!!!!
I don't have a prob with Mc D but that confused me confused
How was I supposed to get food....
(blackmail not accepted as valued currency SNOOP)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
lol. will you ever stop going on about the blackmail mynci. i haven't used it yet. it would be very funny though...

THWACK!!!!

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
hey everyone. i am sadly now an employee of mcdonalds.

frown frown frown frown frown

THWACK!!!!

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
hug dont worry snoopoi its money - it will set you up for other jobs and if nothing else it will give you the ultimatle drinks buyer in the "i have the worst job" stakes at the bar smile

Eera if all the astrophysicists dropped dead the satillittes would quickly follow tongue as would the tabloid newspapers who would have no science to misunderstand and so no scare stories to create tongue and i think we can survive (well i hope) with out MacyD's
tongue;)

hug again for snoopoi just think of the (meagre) money (gods i hate that phrase)

back

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
the money is actually quite good. you also get free food whilst working, staff discounts, and with your staff card you get discounts on all sorts of things like hotels and holidays. biggrin

hug thanx linden

THWACK!!!!

Page: