Page:
OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
Plans are starting to shape up for Burning Man... Fire Conclave groups are working on their routines, and theme camps are starting to plan their calendars... Figured it's about time to start the HOP thread!

Who's going? Who's NOT going?

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
I soooooo wish I was going. I went in 2003 and 2004 but have to miss it this year as I spent all my money travelling and can't get there. I'd love to meet all of you but sadly will have to wait until 2006.

Those of you not sure if you wanna go or can make it......GO! You won't regret it.

Remember to think of those of us that are there in spirit but can't make it in body when you're having the time of your lives on the playa.

Huge hugs till 2006 hug

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
What about the possibility of having a gathering during the day? Maybe meeting up in Center Camp or out by the temple and getting our spin on? Just throwing the suggestion out there...

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Ok, let's try that then. How about:

HoP Meet & Greet

Thursday around noonish directly in front of center camp

(the side facing the man). Center camp has a large shade structure we might be able to spin under.

If you know your camp, chime in and give us your locations. I'll probably be with Big Puffy Yellow at 4:30 and Ego.

Here is the city map: https://www.burningman.com/preparation/maps/05_maps/05_map.pdf

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
I'll be with the contact improvisation camp, but I don't know where that is yet...

I'll try to wander along on thursday!

biggrin

monkeys ate my brain

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
i have no idea what i'm doing other than that i arrive in frisco on august 24th.

yayyyy!!! i've been waiting for this for years!!! sooooo excited. busy making costumes and other nonsense at the moment bounce

can't wait to meet you all grouphug

peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
ill be with mystical mysfits. it seems thursday is the busy busy day. ive got a friend doing a performance that day that i am gonna go and watch, but whatever spin it doesnt clash with ill try to make it to.

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Heh, Thursday was picked because Friday, Saturday and Sunday are usually the busy busy days. I guess everyone was thinking the same thing.

I like the idea of a daytime meet up anyway. You get to actually see what people are doing and I can bring all my goofy beanie baby practice poi.

If you have LEDs or bright flags, another fun place to meet up are the big trance camps on the edge of the city at esplanade & 2 or 10 o'clock. They usually get cranking after midnight. I know I'll be spending a lot of time there.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
Written by: mtbeer

HoPers attending... cut, paste and add to it:

blueboy
burning dan
Cody
Dr Nick
Fabergé
filthy 23
Good
ICoN
katl2d
ma'tina - will only be able to be there with you all in my mind, as my body will be at the ejc and hopefully next year in the desert! wink
mo-seph ?
mtbeer
Orbit
The Fade
TheWench~ ?

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
EJC looks sweet too, hope to see you next year ma'tina.

Some spinning related events to check out at BM this year:

HoP Meet & Greet - Center Camp facing the man (Thursday at noon)

Noonish Juggle - Center Camp (every day at noon)

Fire Ocean (mass fire breathing) - Center Camp or the man, look for Ted Ward (Thursday 7pm)

Fire Conclave party - Phoenix Projekt / Freedom Community Village, 7:30 and Bipolar (Thursday 9pm to ???)
- They also have fire workshops Tues, Wed & Thursday around 4pm.

Ring of Fire - Anywhere on Esplanade (Friday 11:00pm-11:20pm)
- Every fire artists should take part in this one. It should be quite impressive.

Biggass Fire Jam - Hookahdome, Esplanade and 3:30 (Wednesday 9pm to 11pm)

Poi construction & spin workshop - Fairyland in Avalon Synapse Station, 7:30 and Catharsis (Tues 1-4pm,Fri 1-4pm)

Drum Circles & fire - The Fire Station, Shangri-La Village, 7:30 and Fetish (9pm to midnight mon-fri)

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
blueboy
burning dan
Cody
Dr Nick
Fabergé
filthy 23
Good
ICoN
katl2d
ma'tina
mo-seph ?
mtbeer
Orbit
The Fade
TheWench~ ?
Doc Lightning

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Sweet Lightning, I thought your new job might keep you from the playa, glad to see you can make it.

If anyone needs to ship their fire equipment out there (the airports have been known to confiscate some), PM me. My folks and a few friends live in Reno and I use them as BM storage facilities smile.

RezaSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
blueboy
burning dan
Cody
Dr Nick
Fabergé
filthy 23
Good
ICoN
katl2d
ma'tina
mo-seph ?
mtbeer
Orbit
The Fade
TheWench~ ?
Doc Lightning
>>Injured Rezz

Im coming over from the UK, flying out to LA on the 12th saying with a mate till BM. Really looking forward to it!

I met you Burning Dan at Falmouth a few eeks ago, when i get out there i shall give you a call about that other festival

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
blueboy
burning dan
Cody
Dr Nick
Fabergé
filthy 23
Good
ICoN
katl2d
ma'tina
mo-seph ?
mtbeer
Orbit
The Fade
TheWench~ ?
Doc Lightning
>>Injured Rezz
roberts

if anyone orders Merlot, i'm leaving.

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@mtbeer: so do I, I would have loved to come around, but planes changed like always in life......still in thoughts with ya, my body will play with fire in europe for now....
hopefully till next year then!

hug

tina

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2
i can hardly contain myself!!!

mtbeer thanks for posting all the spinning events!

spent this past weekend working on stuff for my camp, decorating my bike and getting some final touches together for costumes, and most importantly quality poi-time. i am so looking forward to meeting you all!!

fyi, 10 o'clock will be the location of big sound camps as has been true in the past, but this year, with the re-organization of the theme camps, 2 o'clock is going to be quieter.

see y'all real soon. devil

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yeah baby... Its getting close. Cant wait. Will be checking out as many spin events as I can get.

<-- Keep an eye out for this guy

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
That and your mug in the gallery should make it easy smile

Just saw the BORG2 2:00 layout: https://louvre.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/798/0c1/7980c19b-9ed9-4b94-be87-4766b1a8c029

The yellow areas are big sound camps. Those and the BORG2 art in-between should make it interesting.

Kyromember
24 posts

Posted:
Hi Orbit,

I've posted the following event to the calendar. August 31, 2005. Hope you can make it. You are welcome to fwd this to fire performance lists in the burning community.

smiles,
Kyro
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~
Fire Performance at Kidsville

This is our 4th year performing for some of the most appreciative burners on the playa!

All Fire Performers are invited to join us at Kidsville on Wednesday, August 31, 2005.

Please come at dusk, bring your fire AND safety equipment. One area will be designated for fueling and spinning off. We almost always have more than one performer burning at a time; please make certain to watch for the children while performing. If you have friends that love drumming and making music, please invite them as well.

For many of you, this will also be your 4th year performing. Your fire talent and professionalism has touched many of these young burners and their families; they're excited to have you come back.

Kidsville is located at 5:30 and Ego.

Stop by at dusk; the performance will probably last no longer than an hour and a half; still plenty of time to perform at other gatherings on the playa. Ask for myself and/or Hans.

Burn brightly,
Kyro

Please fwd to all fire performance lists who participate at Burning
Man.

From the most primitive cultures to the most advanced civilizations,man has had to manufacture things;his well-being depends on his success at production.The lowest human tribe cannot survive without that alleged source of pollution: fire. Ayn Rand

Skadaor Wench, or Mo
134 posts

Posted:
sorry kids, count me out ~massive pout~
Have such an awesome time and once again, if anyone is gonna be in or around sacramento, im keen to meet up ; ) or lend a couch, or a floor, or whatever.

I Am NOt a ToASTeR!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I suppose... But some people may not have seen my pics... Its also pretty easy to not recognize someone. However, anyone who reads this site or Tribe will surely be able to pick me out of a crowd wearing my logo.

PS - Ill be camping with Philadelphia Experiment... But I doubt Ill be there very much. Ill be spinning and roller skating as much as possible.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Everybody try to make it to kidsville. I've done it every year. Those kids are the best audience anyone can ask for. Always great memories from kidsville.

ICON I'll keep an eye out for your.... ICON smile

I really hope to meet some of you guys this year, I just missed the HOP gathering last year.

If you see a skinny pale guy with goggles and big fire that's me, come say hi. biggrin

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cody

If you see a skinny pale guy with goggles and big fire that's me

ubblol Incidentally, if you see a skinny pale guy with goggles and a slightly smaller fire, that's me. rolleyes

Elemental666GOLD Member
45 posts

Posted:
Here's another event some of you may be interested in:

This is in the What, When, Where for this year but I thought I'd give
you guys a heads up for this:

Nasu Dyami Memorial Procession Detail
Event: Nasu Dyami Memorial Procession
Description: Meeting at fire cauldron in Center Camp around 10pm.
Will have a procession from cauldron to Nasu's shrine and proceeding
from there to the Man. We'll have a memorial service at the Man
including lots of evocative fire play and memories. Please join us
while we reminisce.
Date: Friday, September 2, 2005
(Updated: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:30pm)
Time: 10:00pm-12:00am
Duration: 120 minutes
Hosted by/Camp Name: Dead Bunnie Society, High Fire Conclave
Email: jed.green@gmail.com

See you soon...

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Ok skinny white guy with white goggles and a black head wrap with yellow smiley faces on it. smile

Oh and a big smile most of the time. biggrin

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
And Ill be the REALLY skinny white guy with average sized fire and ski goggles.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
aw have a wicked time guys. Wish I was going.. happy memories sunny

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Thanks sunbeam, I'm sure we will. Hopefully we'll bring back lots of pics.

roberts, where are you camping? If you don't have a theme camp, you are welcome to join us at Big Puffy Yellow (4:30 & Ego). We have a smaller camp this year and are looking for some new blood. Any other HoPers are also welcome to join us.

With all the fiery skinny pale goggle guys, we should start a support group. I'll be the guy with the shaved head, uber red goatee, plush fur and stuffed animal poi.

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
tick tock tick tock... time is running out and im way underprepared. im not sure it would be the same event if i had all my shnit packed and plans in order. anyone else getting that panicked look in their eyes every time they see a calender? so, if people are bringing silly poi perhaps i need a a silly staff. cabage patch kid head ends (with or without fire.) bubble staff. any other fun ideas for poi or staff out there?

mtbeer: i think ill be staying at the Black Rock International Burner Hostel theme camp again this year. im not really sure though because the person thats making the arangements is moving very ssslllooowww. damn it. anyway, if i havent heard from her by the end of the week i may take you up on your offer. they were a blast at Transformus. by the way there are some wicked photos of you spinning on the boat.

if anyone orders Merlot, i'm leaving.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Have a great time everyone, wish I could be there biggrin

hug

Getting to the other side smile

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Talk about underprepared... I need to get a bike by tomorrow and the truck that is taking all my [censored] leaves on Tues, but I havent bought anything yet. Need to hit up EMS, Kmart, and Wal-Mart today to pick up as much as I can.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Page: